Ladysmith is a tourist town on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. A heritage town, it boasts restored buildings and beautiful Transfer Beach. It is known for its annual Festival of Lights during the third week in November. It was voted one of the top ten "towns" in Canada by Harrowsmith Magazine.
A common way to get here is to drive from nearby Nanaimo.
Salt Spring Air flies to nearby Maple Bay from Vancouver harbour, from Vancouver International Airport in Richmond, or from any of the Gulf Islands.
- Beck Lake Luxury Guest House & B&B, 2183 Caledonia Ave., ☎ +1-(250) 716-9993; toll free +1-877-716-9993, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 11AM. Private Guest House with deck, and house rooms with private bath. $89-139/night double occupancy. edit
- Estuary Estate Bed and Breakfast, 302 Roland Road, ☎ +1-(250) 245-0665, +1-(250) 246-7781 ([email protected]). Set right on the oceanfront. Three rooms in the main house, plus a separate cottage with full kitchen. Ample birdwatching. Free wireless internet. $90-$125/night. edit
- Ladysmith Bed and Breakfast, 920 Colonia Drive, ☎ +1-(250) 245-0633, toll free +1-866-568-4060 ([email protected]), . Three rooms. Wireless internet available. $95-145/night; discounts for longer stays. edit
- Sandpiper, 248 Bayview Avenue, ☎ +1-250-245-5794 ([email protected]), . Two guest rooms, with private baths. Ocean views. $105/night double occupancy. edit
- Hansen House Vacation Suite, 4901 Brenton Page Road, ☎ +1-(250) 245-2373 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. A 900 sq.ft. suite with full kitchen, bath, and laundry. Wireless internet access. Breakfast available. $125/night; discounts for longer stays and in off season. edit
- Hawley Place Bed and Breakfast, 302 Hawley Place, ☎ +1-250-245-4431, toll free +1-877-244-4431, . A large Victorian replica home with three guest rooms. Wireless internet available, along with free computer use. $135/night. edit
- Evening Cove Breakfast Inn, 3842 Fearn Way, ☎ +1-250-245-7882; toll free +1-877-339-1122 ([email protected]), . checkin: 4-8PM; checkout: 11AM. On a south-facing waterfront location. Three large rooms. Features home-made bread. Wireless internet available. $285/night; discounts in off season. edit