Kuttikkanam, is a village in Idukki district, Kerala, southern India. It is 3,500 feet (1,100 m) above sea level and surrounded by lush green tea plantations. It is within the territory of Peermade.
Buses ply to Kuttikkanam from Kottayam regularly. The nearest railway station is Kottayam.
Taxis are the best way to get around.
- Summer Palace. Built by Srimoolam Thirunal, this was the favorite summer residence of Travancore Rajas. It is now a private residence. edit
- Hope Church. More than 150 years old. edit
- Ashley Bungalow. An early example of colonial architecture in a spectacular setting. edit
- Tomb Of Peer Muhammad. The sufi saint whom Peermade is said to be named after. edit
- Panchalimedu. Linked in legend to the Pandavas of the Mahabarata. edit
- Amrutha Mala. Mountain peak attractive to hikers. edit
- Peeru Hills, (1 km distant). edit
- Grampi (Commonly known as Parunthupara). Rock sculpture about 150 ft (46 m) high and about 3,800 feet (1,200 m) above sea level. edit
- Thottapura. The place where the Travancore royal family stored weapons. edit
- Baker Hills (Commercially named to Thrisangu Hills). Rolling hills with views. edit
- Panchalimedu. A viewpoint, according to legend one of the many hiding places of the Pandavas and Panchali. From a pond known as Panchalikkulam the Makarajyothi, can be seen, the divine flame lit during the pilgrimage season in Sabarimala. edit
- Valanjanganam Waterfalls. A main attraction of Kuttikkanam, also known as Ninnumullippara. The waterfall is about 75 ft (23 m) in height and is usually covered in mist. edit
- Nallathanni viewpoint, (On the Kottayam-Kumily State Highway). edit
- Artificial forest. A dense pine forest covering 100 acres (0.40 km2). Contains an estimated 30 species of birds, including rare endangered species. It is classified as a buffer zone by the Kerala state forestry department. edit
- Azhutha Diversion Project. A project constructed by the Kerala government on the Azutha river, diverting water to Idukki Reservoir through a 987 m long tunnel. edit
Kuttikkanam has a golf course, restaurants, and an ayurvedic rejuvenation center.
Spices and coffee.
- RICE BOWL, near marian collage ,kuttukanam,peermade,idukki,kerala (50 m from kuttikanam), ☎ 9048558334. 7 :30-9.00. a restaurant which has both indian and chinese cusine, and serves hot plates at cool place edit