is a city in Rayalaseema
This district derives its name from its chief town Kurnool the capital of former Nawabs, Capital of Andhra Pradesh State from 1st October 1953 to 1st November, 1956 and at present the headquarters of the district. The name Kurnool is said to have been derived form “Kandanavolu”.
Kurnool is on NH7 and is well connected to major towns and cities. Kurnool is 210 km from Hyderabad, 365 km from Bangalore and 487 km from Chennai. By bus, it takes 5 hours from Hyderabad, 8-9 hours from Bangalore and 12 hours from Chennai to reach Kurnool. There are few trains to Kurnool from both Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- Mahanandhi (90 k.m. in N.H. 40 )
- Kalava Buggha (27 k.m. in N.H. 40 )
- Alampur - jogulamba temple one of shakthi peet (28K.M.)
- Ahobilam (143k.m.)
- Yaganti -near banaganapalli (73k.m. from kurnool)
- Belum caves near Banagana-palle (125 km)
- Srisailam - Shiva temple (jyothir linga temple in A.P.)
- Mantralayam - Raghavendra swamy temple on the banks of tungabadhra river
- Rollapadu - sanctuary for the Great Indian Bustard - the largest flying bird (60 km)
- Kotla Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy (Ex C.M. of A.P.) -Ghat on the banks of Hundri River
- Nallamala forest - (Srisailam, Mahanandi and Ahobilam are all located within the forest region)
- Ranamandala Hill in Adoni.
- Nayanalappa - near Nossam 130 km from Kurnool
- Velgode reservoir - Velgode,
- tartoor (ranga natha swami temple) 37 k.m.from kurnool
- Konda Reddy Fort - in the center of Kurnool
- RajaVihar Center
- Ayyappa Swamy Temple
- Jagannatha Hill, anjanaya statue - outskirts of Kurnool (5km)
- shirdisai baba temple in old bus stand
- Tungabhadra River Banks
- Swimming in Mahanandi Kolanu.
Gold, jawar (white jonnalu), and sonamasuri rice.
- Natikodi pulusu and jonna rotte
- Uggani made with muramaralu (borugulu)
- Ragi mudda with Natikodi
- Ponganalu at Dyanapriya Hotel
- Kandi (red gram) kudumulu
- Brahmam Neyyi Dosa in Old Town near chinna ammavarishaala
- Jonna rotte and talakaya kura in Kurnool Club Canteen
- Jilebi and papda near Jain Temple Bongula Bazar (only on Sundays)
- Aalu, tomato mixture behind Head post office old bustand
- Haleem in Hotel International(Only during ramzan season)
- Last but not the least best Kerala Parota and spcisy chicken delicacies in Hotel Elite (Opp to Ucon Plaza)
- Nannari is a drink consumed cold made from a local herb with medicinal properties, Eswar Soda shop near Shroff Bazar is famous for this.
- Lassi at Babar Lassi shop near Gadiyaram Hospital is really worth trying.
Hotel Maurya Inn,