Kunnamkulam is a city in India. It is 24 km from Thrissur, on Kozhikode highway. It can also reached from Guruvayoor, which is 8 km away.
The bus stand in Kunnamkulam.
Nearest railway station is Trichur in the east, Guruvayoor in the south and Kuttipuram in the north.
Nearest airport is Cochin airport (Nedumbassery) which is about 75 km away.
Private and state owned buses can get you here from Thrissur, Ernakulam, Guruvayoor, Kozhikode, Palghat etc.
Private tourist taxi operators are also available. They charge about US$1 for every 3.5 km covered.
- Arthat Simhasana Church
- Tomb of St. Sleebo Mor Osthatheos Bava
- Malabar Independent Syrian Church
- Pannithadam. Where some old gold coins were found and is of archaeological interest/
- Pazhanji Church (Pazhanji Palli).
- Enjoy green paddy fields, visit local Hindu temples and Christian churches.
- There is a beautiful beach 8 km away from the city known as Chavakad, also you will get toddy on the sea shore.
- Narimada, also known as Kallaikunnu, 4.5 km from town centre, is where lots of movies where shot, with a nearby temple complex named Inporkulam which is known for its ancient hide out, looking like modern bunks.
- Pazhanji. A market known for areca/betel nut.
Kunnamkulam has numerous bars; RC Bar, Victory International Fortgate, The Beverage (on the Pattambi Road near the market), and Alukas Bar to name a few.
Beware of touts and scammers around Aduputty, Kakkad, and Canteen.