Krotoszyn (Krotosheen) is a small town in Greater Poland Voivodeship.
Although being a small town, there were many people born there as : contemporary philosopher Tadeusz Bartoś, popular literature writer Katarzyna Grochola, TV hos and model Olivier Janiak, first leader of Janauary Uprising Marian Langiewicz and surgeon famous by first face transplantation- Maria Siemionow.
Poznań and Wrocław airports're located in the same distance from the town (about 1,40 h). There're international buses from some Austrian, Belgian, Danish, French, Spanish, Dutch, Luxembourg, German, Swiss and Italian cities stooping in Krotoszyn on main bus station. The most popular carriers are Sindbad and Agat. Buses from Croatia and Czech Republic stop in Wrocław. They're operated by Retman or Eurobus.
The town's quite tiny and almost all attractions're located close to each others.
- market place. Place with some old houses and town hall.
- The biggest world's candle. Located on Kobylińska street
- Gałecki family palace. Old palace,l currently a music school
- Old Brewery (Słodowa street)
- City Museum. Small museum with regional exhibition and art gallery located in old monastery building
- Lourdes Grotto. Located near Saint John the Baptist church
- John the Baptist church. Church from 1529-97.
- Saint Fabian and Sebastian church. Wodden church from 1572.
- Saint Andrew Bobola church. !8 century church
- Saint Mary Magdalene church. Wooden church from 1755, in Stary Krotoszyn
- Trinitarians church. Church from 18 century
- Raszkowska cemetery. You can find here a grave of Karol Swinarski (brother of famous Polish theatre director Konrad Swinarski), quarter of Polish soldiers, mausoleum of Franciszek Sowinski-the Wielkopolskie uprising participant and Katyń Victims cross (Kryż Katyński)
- Wielkopolskie Uprising participants monument (corner of Klonowicza and Zdunowska street)
- Marian Langiewicz monument (located near the museum)
- 56 Infantry Regiment monument. Monument of military formation fighting against Nazi Germans in 1939, located on Mickiewicza street.
- Koźmińska 17 street house. Beautiful, high-decorated house
- Krotoszynianka. The oldest house in the city, built in 18 century.
- Dąbrowy Krotoszyńskie. Protected area of big oak tree forests.
- Biadki. Small village with a beautiful contemporary church.
- City Park is place of recreation. There's a small pound with a fountain. You can see here ducks and swans.
- Pope John Paul II park is a tiny park in the center.
- Culture house and city library organises many events and meetings with famous people. There're also live music concerts. There's also an arthouse cinema.
- There's a indoor swimming pool. In summer time there're open pools on Ogrodowskiego street.
- Odrzykowskie lake's a popular place for walking and doing water sports
- Zajazd Pod Szyszkami, Zdunowska 160. edit Object located about 3 km from city center, garden, barbecue facilities, free WiFi, bar, restaurant
- Dobranocka, Mały Rynek 13. edit Apartment object in the close town center, free WiFi
- Art, 56 Pułku Piechoty Wielkopolskiej 14. edit An object in close town center, restaurant, bar, summer terrace, free WiFi,
- Hostel, Aleja Powstańców Wielkopolskich 62. edit Small hostel in town center, WiFi
- Guest Rooms, Wielkopolska 21. edit Guest rooms not far from town center, shared bathrooms
- hostel Sarbod, Farna 8. edit Hostel not far from town center, WiFi, summer terrace
- U Tereni, Moniuszki 8. edit Guest rooms located about 1,5 km from town center, garden
- Apartmamenty A&T, Ks.Ogrodowskiego 33. edit Apartments not far from city center
- hotel Krotosz, Mickiewicza 44. edit Hotel located not far from city center, restaurant
- "hotel, Leśna 1. edit Hotel on the suburbs of the town, restaurant
- Wodnik, Raszkowska. edit Guest rooms near indoor swimming pool
- Baszków — Old town with a palace
- Zduny— Small town famous by one of the most importnat Wielkopolskie Uprising battles.
- Milicz— A gateway to Milickie Ponds
- Trzebnica— Saint Jadwiga of Silesia sanctuary and pilgrim place.
- Ostrów Wielkopolski— Nice old city
- Kalisz— The oldest Polish town, mentioned in antiquity
- Jarocin— City famous by Punk Rock music festival
- Rawicz— Nice old city
- Leszno — Old city where Jan Amos Komensky used to work.
- Konin — Old city with an artificial lake on the power station making the view interesting.