Korla (库尔勒; Kùěrlè) is a city on the ancient Silk Road in Xinjiang Province in China.
Korla Airport is a short cab ride away. Flights are available from (Urumqi,Xi`an,Zhenzhou, Chengdu,Chonqing and Beijing.)Air China, China Southern Arlines, Westair China, Tianjin Airline.
Korla Railway Station is at the southeast corner of the city.
- Kashgar - takes about 14 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 12 hours
The Bus Station is at Beishan Road.
- Hotan - takes about 26 hours
- Kashgar - takes about 18 hours
- Kuqa - takes about 4 hours
- Ruoqiang - takes about 6 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 8 hours
- Yining - takes about 30 hours
- Tiemen Guan, Tiemen Guan (North of Korla). Tiemen Guan is an ancient pass on the Silk Road that connects the north of Xinjiang to the south. It is also the last gate of the Great Wall of China. The top of the mountain has a monument to two lovers similar to Romeo and Juliet. Hiking around one can see lots of Chinese handwriting inscribed on the cliffs. This scenic spot is located in a valley that contains a large reservoir. At Tiemen Guan you can not only hike but also catch fish and BBQ them beside the stream. This is the most popular hike in Korla and has many people during any season. The cost to get into the gate is 8 RMB per person and 5 RMB for one car. There is also a bus from Korla to here for only 2 RMB. IF you have more time you can walk from the city which only takes one hour. edit
- Dragon Mountain Park 龙山公园, (Directly East of Korla). Dragon Mountain Park is directly East of Korla on the northern side of the Peacock River. It is the largest park in Korla, and the trail winds up and down a series of pavilion-topped hills that over a nice view of the city to the west. There is a large lake in the center of the park as well, and a shrine and statue devoted to Confucius. The park is best visited during the warmer months, when the Zoo and amusement park are both on. During the spring and summer there are even some nice restaurants where one can enjoy a beer or kebab while overlooking the city. edit
- 欧旦美食 (Royal), 库尔勒市建国北路德福花苑旁 (Korla north jianguo road, next to the Defu garden), ☎ 0996-2011155. Royal has a blend of Turkish, Chinese and Western influences that make this place one of a kind. Step off the noisy streets and into this restaurant and one feels like they are in an oasis. Turkic or Russian music play throughout while friendly servers and staff greet you with the utmost professionalism. If you can't speak Chinese or Uyghur no worries the manager speaks English fluently and works most of the time. When ordering there are many things to pick from including Chinese dishes, local dishes and foreign foods. One Recommendation is the Turkish steak served with green peppers, cucumbers and onions for only 32 RMB. If you want something to drink with that try some of their fresh squeezed juice or indulge in a pot of Turkish tea.
- Focus Coffee (焦点咖啡), 凯旋公馆 (Just inside the Kaixuan Gongguan shipping plaza on the south side of the river.). Focus Coffee is a new coffee shop (added last year, 2016) in the posh Kaixuan outdoor shopping street. The owners, Aishe and Ferhat, serve up hot and iced coffees and teas as well as a limited number of baked goods. The atmosphere is very cozy and spacious. Situated between the old Uyghur City and newer parts of town, there is often a good mix of Uyghur and Han patrons on any given day. 20. edit
- Cuppajoy, 千城小区后们对面 (Across the street from the rear entrance of Qian Cheng Xiaoqu on the south side of the river.). 2-10. The newest cafe/restaurant in town, and the only one owned by foreigners. Run by a husband and wife from America, Cuppajoy offers a wide array of coffee, tea, and Western food. Available food items include pizza, hamburgers, spaghetti, chicken wings, and meatball subs. An excellent cafe with a friendly staff and the only real western food in the entire city. 20-40. edit
- King Coffee (Qingmai 青麦), 小康城二楼 (Located on the second floor of the Xiao Kangcheng shopping mall, just across from Peoples' Square.). A small but very cozy coffee shop located in the Xiao Kangcheng shopping center. There are no bells or whistles here, but it's definitely one of the best cups of coffee in town. One of the older coffee shops in Korla, this place has been popular among Korla's small foreigner community for some time. 20-30. edit
- Melodiya, 塔指西路和延安路的路口，在河边。 (At the corner of Tazhi Xi Lu and Yanan Lu, along the riverfront.). 20-40. A very nice Uyghur coffee shop with beautiful riverfront scenery. Basic coffee and teas are available, as well as some Uyghur pizza, ice cream, and other treats. On most evenings there will be live music in the form of a single Uyghur guitarist playing traditional music. edit
- MAXX Night Club (MAXX夜店), 塔指东路和交通路的路口， 在河边 (Near the intersection of Tazhi Dong Lu and Jiaotong Lu, along the riverfront.). One of only two real western-style clubs in Korla, and probably the better of the two. MAXX looks like any typical club and is equipped with a stage, a DJ, a large number of tables and couches, and plenty of over-priced low-alcohol beer. Be aware that most of the women there are in fact employed by the club (although they will claim otherwise) and are there only to encourage you to buy more beer and liquor. Nonetheless MAXX can be a pretty fun and wild place. Don't bother going before 11PM. edit
- In Bar Club, 人民东路 (In the center of Renmin Dong Lu, about 5 minutes walk away from the intersection of Renmin Dong Lu and Jiaotong Lu). As of Summer 2017 In Bar is currently closed for renovations. edit
- Panda Pub (熊猫酒吧), 凯旋公馆 (In the center of the Kaixuan Gongguan shopping plaza, next to Focus Coffee). A recently opened little pub in the center of the Kaixuan Gongguan shopping center. While no beers are on tap, there are a wide variety of chilled and room temperature imported beers and spirits available. Prices are a bit steep (expect the cheapest beer to be no less than 25RMB), but the place is cozy and the atmosphere is often quite lively. Chinese barbecue also available. edit
Longxing Hostel - run by the local railway workers, basically non-for-profit very very hospitable. The only place you can stay as a foreigner without getting ripped off because of the regulations by the local government. Close to the rail way station, located behind the police station. Conditions are not great, but the people who run it more than make up for it. (However the place might get torn down at any moment, the place is being rented out on a half year basis). 7 xin hua road (新华路）. Phone: 0996-2112366 or 13899065488.
- Bayinguoleng Hotel, Renmin East Road, ☎ +86 996 2022118 (fax: +86 996 2022118). edit