Numedalslågen River, Kongsberg.
Kongsberg  is a town in Buskerud. Kongberg was founded in 1624, after silver was discovered in the hills. The danish-norwegian king recruited german miners to the mines. As result Kongsberg in the 17th century was a "german" town. Which was the second largest in Norway, only rivaled by Bergen. The mining ceased in 1957. Kongsberg today is a centre for high-tech industry. Kongsberg also host the norwegian mint, and all norwegian coins since 1686 is produced in Kongsberg.
Oslo Airport Gardermoen  (IATA: OSL)Driving distance: about two hour.
Sandefjord Airport Torp  (IATA: TRF)
Trains between Oslo and Kristiansand passes Kongsberg. There is 23 trains a day between Oslo and Kongsberg.
"Timekspressen" Bus between Oslo and Notodden passes Kongsberg, every hour, every day.
Kongsberg is situated on the E134 highway. Driving distance from Oslo is about 1 hour and 15 minutes. E134 continues in westward to Notodden, and over the mountain to Haugesund. Or road 40 towards Geilo.
Kongsberg is a compact town. So it is possible to walk. Kongsberg also have many cycling paths.
Entrance to the Silver Mines.
- Sølvgruvene (Silvermines), Saggrenda (Situated 8 km west of the town.), ([email protected]), . Guided tours in the old mines. A train brings the visitors 2300 metres into he mountain. Adult:140 kr, Students and seniors: 100 kr, Children: 80 kr. edit
- Norsk Bergverksmuseum (Mining Museum), Hytte gate 3, ☎ +47 32723200 ([email protected]), . 18 May-31 Aug: Daily 10AM-5PM, 1 Sep-16 May: Tu-F: Noon-3PM, Sa,Su: Noon-4PM. Adults: kr 70, Students: kr 50, Seniors: kr 50, Children: kr 20. edit
- Lågdalsmuseet. Has a collection of old houses, and old things. Showing how life was in the town in old times. Adults: 40 kr, Children: 10 kr. edit
- Barolo, Storgaten 2, ☎ +47 93094444. Italian. edit
- Big Horn Steakhouse, Thornesvei 4, ☎ +47 32723060 ([email protected], fax: +47 32723063). M-Th: 4PM-10PM, F: 4PM-11PM, Sa: 3PM-11PM, Su: 3PM-10PM. Steak restuarant with view of the river. edit
- Kongs Kina Resturant, Nymoens Torg 18, ☎ +47 32733695. Chinese. edit
- Peppes Pizza, Nymoens torg 2, ☎ +47 22225555. edit
- Restaurant Fryd, Christian Augusts gate 2 (At Quality Hotel Grand), ☎ +47 32772800. edit
- Spicy Continental Restaurant, Storgata 6, ☎ +47 32722525 ([email protected]). M-Th: 3PM-10PM, F,Sa: 3PM-2AM, Su: 3PM-10PM. Indian, thai and chinese cousine. edit
- Krags Møteplass, Storgata 10, ☎ +47 32734620. edit
- Privat Cafe og Bar, Storgata 4, ☎ +47 32724400. edit
- Kongsberg Vandrehjem Bergmannen, Vinjes gate 1, ☎ +47 32732024. edit
- Best Western Gyldenløve Hotell, Hermann Foss gate 1, ☎ +47 32865800. edit
- Quality Grand Hotell, Christian Augusts gate 2, ☎ +47 32772800. edit
- Kongsberg Bibliotek (Kongsberg Libray), Christian Augusts gate 1, ☎ +47 32866850 ([email protected], fax: +47 32731276). Wireless internet for laptop and computers with intenet acess available. edit
- Numedal valley towards Geilo.
- Blefjell, great cross country skiing.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!