Kokubunji (国分寺市 Kokubunji-shi) is a city in Tokyo prefecture.
Kokubunji is on the JR Chūō Line (中央線). Chūō trains depart from Tokyo Station on platforms 1 and 2 (40 minutes; ¥540), and from Shinjuku on platform 12 (20 minutes; ¥380). Fast trains designated Special Rapid, including Chūō Special Rapid (中央特快 chūō-tokkai), Ome Special Rapid (青梅特快 ōme-tokkai), and Commuter Special Rapid (通勤特快 tsūkin-tokkai), stop at Kokubunji.
Kokubunji is also terminal of the Seibu Kokubunji line(西武国分寺線) and Seibu Tamako line(西武多摩湖線).
- Bun Bus. It has two routes — one through Hiyoshicho and the other through Higashi-motomachi. ¥100. edit
- Tonogayatoteien - A beautiful Japanese garden a few minutes from the south exit. It is a perfect place to take a walk with someone special.
- Musashi Kokubunji park - There are many trees for example cherry trees, Zelkova trees, and maidenhair trees. Around there you can see a fountain, waterfall, and pond.
- Sugatami's pond - A beautiful Japanese pond. Many rare birds come to this pond, so we can see these birds.
- At café is a comic café. This café has a massage chair. It has smoking area, no smoking area, and open area. All PC have big screens.
- OIOI (Marui), next to Kokubunji station. The local branch of the famous fashion mall, with countless small shops on the 2nd through 6th floors. There are also food shops on the first basement food floorm while 7F is CD and books store. AM 10:30-PM8:30. 8F is open from AM10:30 to PM10:00.
- Mezurashiya is a CD shop specializing in, as the name indicates, rare items. There are three Mezurashiya in kokubunji.
- Okmart, Marui 3-20-3, Minamicho 042 323 0101. This beautiful variety shop has many cheap articles. Open 10:30 AM to 20:30PM.
- Marui Family is a department store adjacent to the station. AM 10:30 to PM 8:30 closed. (restaurant floor closed AM 11:00 to PM 10:30 .) Enjoyable for families.
- Muji has simply-designed products. The shop is three minutes from the south exit.
- Akagi is like a Japanese traditional canteen restaurant. You will be full with any dinner set at 1000 yen. You can select counter seat or tatami seat. Customers are generally hungry school boys.
- Aburaya - Nice Chinese restaurant with good aburasoba and delicious donburi.
- Panas, an Indian restaurant, located 3 mins walk from the north exit, sells a variety of good Indian food and drinks. They also incorporate a small bar and offer several Indian and Nepalese brews.
- Sitar is an authentic Indian restaurant, about 15 mins walk from Kokubunji Station and 1 mins walk away from Hitachi's Koigakubo Dormitory. The food is reasonably priced but tastes very authentic Indian. Be sure to try their Garlic Nan and Lassi! The restaurant manager and staff are very friendly.
- Takeshige-shokudo has a reasonably priced set menu, under 1000 yen. It is located in front of Tokyo Keizai university, a 10 min walk from Kokubunji station. Popular with students, this shop provides filling menu choices. Try the fried rice.
- Supuun is a special curry shop. Be sure to order the weekly special curry. The store has a relaxed and congenial atmosphere, five minutes walk from the north exit of the station.
- Bunraku - A perfect place to drink bottled beer with friends.
- Ikkyu - This Japanese-style bar is one of the cheapest in Tokyo, so if you want to drink economically, this bar is perfect.
- Rubber Soul - A Beatles-themed bar with a very friendly staff. They often have live bands. 3 minutes walk from the south side of the station.
- Shoya (庄や), near the South Exit of the station. Japanese style izakaya. Open 11:30 am to 2:00 pm (lunch time) 5:00 pm to 5:00 am. All foods and drinks are delicious and low price. Enjoy seasonal food.
- Yataiya is a very good Japanese style pub. This pub has tatami rooms (zashiki) on the 2 floor. The food is good. Try the large-portioned and delicious Bakudanyaki.
- The Lighthouse, 東京都国分寺市南町2-15-6 迦葉国分寺グリーンハイツ1F (Just south exit past the Mizuho bank, past the pachinko and small park, first building end of the park before the Lawsons.), ☎ 050-1361-4797, . 17.00-02.00. Dutch-English brother and sister started this very European pub/restaurant. Great staff, room for 60 people, 110 is max. Over 37 types of beers, 8 draughts, and tons of great pub foods. Great atmosphere and interior. 2,500. edit
- Hotel Mets Kokubunji, adjacent to the station. 74 guest rooms. Attached to a child care.