Ko Sire (เกาะสิเหร่), also Ko Si Re, Ko Si Le, is an island off Phuket. The name is pronounced "Sih Reh" (two syllables).
Separated from the mainland of Phuket by the Khlong Tha Chin, a shallow mangrove swamp, this twenty-square kilometre island is connected by a causeway to the city.
- Wat Ko Si-Re, on the hill, has a large Reclining Buddha and provides fine views of the surroundings.
- Phuket's largest settlement of Sea Gypsies (Chao Le), can be found on Ko Si-Re at Laem Tuk-kae. The muddy seabed means the island is not good for swimming.
- Visit the Sea Gypsy community. It may seem run down and dirty - but the people are real and have genuine smiles!
- Barbara, . Cheap pearls of all colours from the sea Gypsie as well as shells and mobiles. Very good prices compared to Phuket Town. Bargain with a smile - the sea Gypsies are very friendly! edit
There are some popular seafood restaurants on the eastern shore.
- The Nchantra Pool Suite Residences, 41/44 Moo 1 Sirey Beach, Rassada, ☎ +66 76 510 011, . All rooms have air conditioning, kitchen, bath tub/jacuzzi, living room, fridge, outdoor shower, IDD/direct dial line, WiFi, cable TV and safety box. They also offer facilities like swimming pool and restaurant. Rates start at THB 14000.00. edit