King City is a city in the central region of California between San Jose and San Luis Obispo. Considered the mid-way point between Central and Southern California, King City is both a popular pit-stop for drivers, and a nice little town to visit.
King City is on Highway 101, one of California's main interstates roughly 3 hours north of Santa Barbara and 3 hours south of San Francisco Bay Area. It is home to the local Highway Patrol, so watch your speed even if just passing by.
Greyhound buses stop in town.
To find the 'real' town, hop off the freeway on Canal Street and go east to where it dead-ends on Broadway.
To get back on the freeway, continue south on Broadway until it dead-ends in First Street, and circle west back to the freeway.
- The Salinas Valley Fair Talent Show in mid/early May (advised for those that enjoy teenage dance groups).
- Visit the Salinas Valley Fair in mid/early May. Rides, cowboys, corndogs, and so much more.
- Fast food options just off the northern exit include Taco Bell, McDonalds, and Denny's.
- La Potranca If you're hungry and just passing through, skip the fast food and instead go for something local. Make your way south on Broadway to Second Street, and stop at a little taco stand for traditional Mexican food and drinks.
- Keefer's Inn, 615 Canal Street (Exit Canal Street), ☎ 831-385-4843, . checkin: 2.00 pm; checkout: 11.00 am. 47 Units Inn W/Swiming pool, Hot-Tub, Free High speed Internet,Business center, On site resturant, Free Continental Breakfast, Nice Clean Rooms 69. edit
- Quality Inn King City Hotel (hotel near monterey bay aquarium), 1190 Broadway, ☎ 831-385-6733, . checkin: 03:00 P.M.; checkout: 11:00 AM. The Quality Inn King City hotel located near Monterey Bay and Carmel in Central California. Information on local attractions, rates, rooms, and reservations. Enjoy the comforts of home when you stay at Quality Inn King City Inn! Each of our gracious Standard King, Standard Queen and Double Queen guestrooms is a model of comforting convenience. $59.99 - $69.99. edit