Kielce  is a large city in Poland's Swietokrzyskie voidship.
Kielce is the capital city of the Holy Cross Voivodship (Swietokrzyskie) with a population of over 200,000 residents. Its history dates back to 10th century. In 1364 Kielce becomes recognized as a city and gains certain privileges connected with this legal status. In 1496 Kielce are conferred its coat of arms by the Fryderyk cardinal Jagiellończyk, Polish prince and primate , serving as a bishop in Krakau. History of Kielce is rich in important events for the history of Poland, for example here, in 1816, was organized first Polish higher technical university (that was free of charge and had two teaching languages: Polish and German). The city was hosted howsoever the unfortunate scene of the Kielce pogrom, which resulted in the deaths of 40 Jewish Holocaust survivors and another 80 injured nearly a year after the final Nazi death camp was liberated. The antecedence of the pogrom are still not clear and many hypotheses are still being considered.
- Tourist Information Center, Rynek 1; Phone +48 041/ 367-6436; Hours: Monday - Saturday 10 AM - 6 PM.
There is an international airport in the near town of Krakow, but more flights go from Warsaw: Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport: For those travelling from Warsaw serviced by Polski Express. See also: Routes/Timetable
Kielce is very easy to reach by train, as it is on the main line between Krakow and Warsaw. You can check train timetables in English at 
You can easily get there by car from Warsaw, Krakow and Łódź.
Many international connections (see Poland::By bus). To travel to Warsaw a bus is probably a better option, as the train makes a rather long detour eastward.
There are city buses that connect almost all places of importance within the municipality of Kielce. There are minibuses to villages and small towns in the surroundings. They are however not as frequent as the city buses, especially not on Saturdays and Sundays. Note for instance that the minibus in the direction of Bodzentyn to Svieta Katarzyna at the entrance of the Svietokrzyski national park only goes once in every two hours. Check at the tourist office (off season closed on Sunday and on Saturday only open until 5 PM).
- The National Museum ; pl. Zamkowy 1.
- The Kielce Village Museum ; ul. Jana Pawła II 6.
- Toy Museum
- Palace of Kraków Bishops
- Cathedral of the Ascension of Mary
- Municipal Park
- The Gossip
- Kadzielnia Apmitheatre
- Design Centrum Kielce ; ul. Zamkowa 3. Located in renovated jail house.
- Kadzielnia Amphitheatre
- Sienkiewicza Street
- Forest Alleys
- Svietokrzyski Park Narodowy Nice to hike - marked trail from Nowa Slupia to Svieta Katarzyna (both places can be easily reached from Kielce by minibus; get a free map from the Kielce tourist office)
- Echo Gallery
- Pasaż Świętokrzyski
- Sienkiewicza Street
- Centrum Handlowe Radomska
- Zalewajka restaurant, ul. Duza 7, a street connecting Henryk Sienkiewicza and the Rynek. Opening hours from 11:00 to 18:00. Closed on Saturday and Sunday. Good quality and cheap local food with fresh vegetables. Soups are also excellent. Prices from 6 to 14 PLN.
- Youth Hostel Wedrownik (HI hostel), ul. Szymanowskiego 5, ☎ +48-41-3423735, . Budget hostel near a school, about 15 minutes on foot from the city center, with Wifi accessible in all rooms. They have a kitchen for use by guests. There also is a TV room with a computer and internet access. Nearby are Tesco in Bohaterow Warszawy. Biedronka and Lidl are at the Sandomierska-Slaska intersection, a 10-minute walk from the hostel. Rates from 25 PLN. edit
- Dom Harcerza Hostel Kielce, Ul Panska 1A, . A cozy & friendly hostel invites you to rest and relax about 6 km from the city center of Kielce. Rates from 5 €. edit
- Hotel Binkowski**** , ul. Szczepaniaka 42; Phone: +48 41/ 340 35 00; Email: [email protected]; - The Binkowski Resort is a 4 star luxury hotel in Kielce . Price: 280 PLN - 520 PLN.
- Hotel Kongresowy***- Exbud , Al. Solidarności 34; Phone: +48 41/ 332-63-93; Email: [email protected]; - The Hotel Kongresowy is a modern hotel catering to business people. Price: 182 PLN - 690 PLN.
- Hotel 365*** , Al. Na Stadion 365; Phone: +48 41/ 361 55 35; Email: [email protected]; - The Hotel 365 is situated in very nice area. Price: 240 PLN.
- Łysogóry Hotel , ul. Sienkiewicza 78; Phone: +48 41/ 36 55 000; Email: [email protected]; Price: 240 PLN - 600 PLN
- La Mar Hotel , ul, Sikorskiego 2; Phone: +48 41/ 33 02 200; Email: [email protected]; This hotel is only a few years old and has very large rooms. The hotel also has a swimming pool and bowling alley.
- Qubus Hotel, ul. 1 Maja
- Hotel Kameralny , ul. Tarnowska 7, Phone:+48 41/ 348 25 30; Email:[email protected];
- Astoria Hotel, ul. Kościuszki 26, . If you are looking for a nice accommodation in reasonable price in a city centre od Kielce, feel welcome to make use of our service. edit
- Hotel Ibis Kielce Centrum, Ul Warszawska 19, ☎ +48 41 3406900 (fax: +48 41 3406969), . A recently opened chain hotel (May 2009) in the city center with reasonable rates. rates from 36 €. edit