Kerman is the capital of Kerman Province, Iran.
Scenery in Kerman province
Kerman is a city in southeastern Iran with 677,650 inhabitants (2006), situated on a sandy plain 1749 meters above sea level. It is the capital of Kerman province with 2,652,413 inhabitants (2006) and an area of 181,714 km².
Kerman is the largest carpet producing and exporting center in Iran. Kerman is a large producer of pistachios on the world market. The province is rich in minerals, like copper, coal, chromium, lead, zinc, uranium and aluminum, but mining has remained on a small scale. In recent times crude oil has been discovered but is yet not exploited.
A lot of useful information for tourists is available at; http://www.kerman-info.ir/
Kerman International Airport (IATA: KER – ICAO: OIKK) has regular flights to some major and smaller cities in Iran.
The destinations include:
1. Tehran (3-4 flights per day)
2. Isfahan (1 flight per week)
3. Zahedan (1 flight per week)
4. Mashad (2 flights per week)
5. Kish Island (2 flights per week)
Kerman is well connected to most parts of the country by bus. Kerman’s new Bus terminus named Adineh opened in 2013.
Freeways connect the city to Tehran, Yazd(360 Km), Zahedan, Bandare Abbas(600 km), Birjand and Shiraz(600 km), Mashhad (920) km.
Kerman is connected to the whole railway network of Iran. It is connected to Tehran, Qom, Kashan, Yazd, Mashhad and also to Zahedan in the near future(Under construction).
You can get around the city by taxi or bus. You can also go to the small towns such as Mahan, Joopar Shahdad, ...as well as the villages, such as Sirch, Zngi-Abad and ... by bus or taxi.
بازار كرمان - Covered Bazaar
Jabaliye dome - گنبد جبليه
Ganjalikhan bath - حمام گنجعلیخان
Yakhdan-e-Moayedi - يخدان مؤيدی
- Bazaar - Explore the arcades of this ancient, authentic bazaar, indulge in the smells of oriental spices.
- Gonbad-e-Jabaliyeh - An amazing dome in the east of Kerman. Mysterious place, perhaps an ancient Zoroastrian fire temple.
- Ganjalikhan hammam - A historic hammam
- Mouyedi Ice-House - There are several small-gardens around this ice-house which were filled with the water in winter, then after the water turned to ice, it was kept in the "ice storage" between layers of straw to use in summer. Amazing centuries-old system.
- San'ati museum - An interesting museum in contemporary arts of Kerman featuring local as well as famous international artists (Rodin, Dali...).
- Vakil traditional tea house - An attractive old hammam turned into a beautiful traditional tea house in the covered bazar. Often has live music.
- Ganjali Khan Square - It is similar to "Naghshe Jahan" and "Mirchakhmaq" squares. The bazaars are located in three side of square and in the fourth side, the Ganjali Khan School is established.
- Ganjali Khan Mosque - It is located in the north-west of square and near Ganjalikhan School. It was constructed in 1007 A.H. Lovely little mosque, highly recommended!
- Zarabkhaneh museum - It is located in the north side of square. This eight-angle place includes an arch, four porticoes and four booths in four views. Now, it has changed to coin museum.
- Jameh mosque - The beautiful blue-tiled Friday mosque.
- Moshtari-ye-Moshtak Ali Shah - A beautiful holy shrine at the end of the bazaar. Blue domes and a peaceful garden.
- Malek mosque (Imam mosque) - A gem of a mosque!
- National Library, housed in a former a textile factory.
- Museum of the Holy Defense - Interesting installation in the courtyard, depicting a battlefield in the Shatt-el-arab. Admission 3000 IRR.
- Takht-e-Darya-Gholi-Beyg - A small monument in the side of the hills in the east of Kerman.
- Ghal'e Dokhtar - A historical castle and oldest building in Kerman, on the hills in the east of Kerman; attributed to the Ashkanian era. Nice view on the city to enjoy sunset.
- Ghal'e Ardeshir - A historical castle and oldest building in Kerman, on the hills in the east of Kerman; attributed to the Ashkanian era.
- Zoroastrian fire temple - The sill alive fire temple of Kerman. Big peaceful garden, little museum.
- Go on an organised Visit Kerman tour As there are so many attractions and landmarks in Kerman, visitors with limited time could take advantage of an organised tour. Have a local guide show the main sights in one or half a day or full day . The wealth of history in Kerman is staggering and Visit Kerman Tour leaders is expert on all Kerman has to show. Visit Kerman Tours offer a comprehensive day tour of the main sights in Kerman.
- Rugs, Like many Iranian cities, Kerman produces rugs and has its own well-known style of rug-making.
- Pistachio, Kerman is the center of producing the pistachio in Iran. More than 95% of Iran pistachio is produced in Kerman.
- Kolompeh is a very delicious pie
- Henna a flowering plant which is another souvenir of kerman.
- Cumin a herbaceous annual plant, which is another souvenir of kerman.
- Patteh is a unique handicraft which is produced in Kerman.
- Quvetoo (Persian:قوِتو - قاووت)
- Distills, Kerman have many kinds of aromatic distills.
- copper crafts more informatiomn at : http://www.kerman-info.ir/copper-craft
You can almost find any food that is served in other cites of iran.There are many resturants ( both fast food and traditonal) around the city and notably on Jomhuri Blv.
The traditional hotel - restaurant Key Khosrow close to the fire temple offers local and vegetarian traditional food in a nice yard.
- Boz ghormeh (Boz ghormeh main course as a thing to eat of Kerman). One of the delicious foods in Kerman province which is called because of goat meat in its ingredients. Boz-ghormeh Abgoosht is one of Kerman's most popular local dishes and is also known as Kerman broth. edit
- Khoresht aloocheh (Khoresht aloocheh main course as a thing to eat of Kerman). Khoresht Aloocheh or Plum stew is another of Kerman's local and official foods. This excellent and tasty dish that is a constant food in Kerman's formal parties and gatherings is made with both red meat and chicken that The taste of both types is unique. edit
- Omaj (Omaj main course as a thing to eat of Kerman). Omaj Ash or Amaj Ash is one of Kerman's oldest, most delicious and popular local foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients. In Kerman it is known as Umchu and Shauli (Shawli). edit
- Qottab (Qottab snack and souvenir as a thing to eat of Kerman). Qottab Snack and Souvenir as a thing to eat in Yazd and Kerman. One of the most famous Persian cuisines is Mirza Ghasemi's North Food, which is considered an Iranian vegetarian cuisine. To prepare Mirza Ghassemi, grilled eggplant mix with garlic and crushed tomatoes should be blended to make tomatoes and garlic, complete with eggplants. Add the egg and mix the ingredients until the whole egg is spread and cooked. edit
- Faloodeh (Faloodeh dessert as a thing to eat of Kerman). Faloodeh or Paloodeh from Iranian Desserts. In fact, Faloodeh is an old ice cream dessert that is made up of thin strands of starch in a mixture of water, ice and sugar. Faloodeh of Shiraz, Kerman and Yazd are the most well-known of that which Shiraz Faloodeh type is usually eaten with a condiment such as lemon juice, Nastaran sweets or juice, but mix and eat Kermani Faloodeh with rose water and mint. edit
- Gandom shir ash (Gandom shir ash main course as a thing to eat of Kerman). Another of Kerman province's local cuisines is the Gandom Shir Ash, which has its own fans. This delicious tasty soup is one of Kerman’s delicious and tasty dishes. In the month of Ramadan, Kermanis use this Ash as an iftar and can be seen on the Iftar table. edit
Drinking alcohol is illegal, and if seen by police may be met with punishment, though available on the black market.
- Doogh is a popular and delicious naturally-carbonated yogurt drink. It is generally served with ice and a dash of mint.
- Distills - Kerman have many kinds of aromatic distill's.
- Pāloodeh-e-Kermani (Fāloodeh-e-Kermani) is a special deliciously refreshing sorbet made from small drops of starch, suspended in rosewater.
- Black tea (chāi, چای) is the national drink of alcohol-free Iran. It is served strong and with crystallised or cubed sugar (ghand, قند) which is held artfully between the teeth while tea is sipped through.
- Fruit juices (āb miveh, آب ميوه), A wide variety of fruit juices (āb miveh, آب ميوه) and drinks are available from shops and street vendors including cherry cordial (sharbat ālbāloo, شربت آلبالو) and banana milkshakes (shir moz شير موز).
- Soft drinks are widely available, both international makes such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi, and their brand names including 7up, Sprite, Fanta, etc., and local makes such as ZamZam. Note that "Coca-Cola Original" and "Pepsi Original" etc. are NOT made of original The Coca-Cola Company's and PepsiCo's ingredients and taste exactly the same as ZamZam.
- Ma-o-sha'eir is a non-alcoholic beer which you can find in the supermarkets.
- Arad Hostel, ☎ 00989132998482 ([email protected], fax: 00983432524852). the owner are friendly family that their mother cook.. 8 euro for dormitory and 20 euro for double room. edit
- Guesthouse next to Akhavann Hotel, 50m eastwards of Akhavann Hotel. 350.000 Single no toilet, 550.000 double no toilet, 750.000 double with toilet (prices from May 2017) Pretty dirty place, shared toilets were disgusting and the place has no shared shower (so if you don`t have shower in your room there is no shower, the room that was a shower is full of empty palstic bottles instead.. 750000 Rials for a double with bathroom. edit
- Hotel Omid, Close to Azadi Square. 400.000 Single, 600.000 double 800.000 triple (prices may 2017), all shared bathrooms, No wifi 400000 Rials for a single. edit
- Kaloot eco resort, Shafiabad, Kerman (last village before the desert) (Nice), ☎ +98(0)91376482794. edit
- Pars Hotel, Jomhuri Blvd. - Kerman, ☎ +98(0)341 2119331-2 (kerman reception&[email protected], fax: +98(0)341 2119333), . edit
- Akhavann Hotel, Shahid Sodooghi Ave., ☎ 0098(+)341 2441411-2. 55€ double room (supposedly 65€ without discount) with dinner and breakfast included, rooms are pretty decent and confortable, if don't want dinner price is cheaper. (price from may 2017) 55€. edit
- Govashir Hotel, Imam Khomeini Expreress way., ☎ 0098(+)341 2512718. edit
- Kerman International Pars Hotel (Pars Hotel), Kerman International Pars Hotel, At the corner of Moallem and Jomhouri Blvds, Kerman, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. International Pars Hotel in Kerman is one of the most beautiful and luxurious branches of Pars Hotels Group. The hotel provides easy access to the major tourist attractions of Kerman and is located 8 km away from the airport. The modern and luxury amenities of the International Pars Hotel in Kerman have made it one of Iran's topnotch accommodation facilities. You can book a fancy room in this stylish hotel by using the International Pars Hotel's online booking services. But Pars Hotel isn’t the only hotel in Kerman with such a perk (30.280574,57.025204) edit
- Visit Rayen with a magnificant old citadel (similar to Bam).
- Mahan is only 30 kilometers away. Thereby you can visit Shazdeh's garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site which is about 5.5 hectares with a rectangular plot and a wall around it. The garden is a fine example of Persian gardens that take advantage of suitable natural climate. As well as the Shah-Ne'matollah-e-Vali monument.
- Visit The Kaluts, a stunning formation of desert stones. About 1,5h from Kerman. There are villages like Shahdad or smaller desert villages on the way. Higly recommended, specially for sunset! In summer, destertcamping is also possible.