Kemer is a city in Lycia, Turkey.
Kemer is a coastal city with some beaches, as well as mountains (up to the elevation of 2200m) close by. Surrounded by large resort hotels on northern and southern sides, this city is a much preferred destination for Russians on package holidays—as well as Western and Northern Europeans—and one of the few towns in Turkey with a welcome sign in Russian (in addition to the usual Turkish, English, German, etc).
Kemer seems to be a seasonal town. Several hotels are closed during the winter. Food is more expensive than in Antalya: don't expect to get 3.5 TL kebab including Ayran here.
Kemer is 45 km far from Antalya International Airport where is located Göynük and Kiriş.
There are 1-4 minibuses per hour from Antalya Otogar (small terminal) to Kemer Otogar. The trip takes 50-90 minutes. All buses stop at the clock tower in the center of Kemer. The trip costs 8 TL (as of April 2014), you can pay cash at the driver. Most drivers do not speak English.
Kemer otogar is a 20-30 minutes walking distance from Kemer center; just walk up up the hill the broad road at the clock tower, always straight on. On your way you'll pass the mosque and cross below the D400 street bridge. You will clearly see the modern otogar then, it is well labeled. Several bus companies run ticket counters at the otogar.
Antalya Airport, the nearest international one, is about 42 km to the north-east, about an hour away by car. There is no official airport shuttle service to Kemer, you can take the public bus from Antalya airport to Antalya otogar (30-60min, 4TL as of April 2016), then a minibus to Kemer (50-90 min, 8TL as of April 2016).
Private airport shuttles might offer more convenient services:
- Kemer Koop. (, tel: +90 242 814-38-28, [email protected]) operates a 24/7 VIP pickup service. 100-110 TL one way between airport and Kemer.
- Yellow taxis has a set price of 135 lira to/from the airport.You can also prefer kemer airport transfer companies
- Scandinavian charter operator Tyrkiareiser  run coaches between Kemer and the airport when they have flights arriving/departing. Quoted at 150 Norwegian Kroner NOK per person, (about 32 TL) or 200 NOK including pickup in Arslanbucak. Tyrkiareiser Kemer office phone: +90 242 814-66-10
- The wide highway D400 with seperated lanes per each direction, which passes by the town, connects it with north (Antalya) and south.
- Bus service (dolmuş) as usual. 1 TL. Route up to Arslanbucak and all the way down to the beach.
- Yellow taxis are common. The ~3km distance between Arslanbucak and downtown Kemer costs 13-16 TL.
- Some of the restaurants and beaches offers to pick you up, and return you home, for free.
Liman Street (Liman Caddesi in Turkish). The street is one of the main attractions in Kemer. There are various shops in this street, varying from cheap souvenir shops, clothing shops, et cetera. There is a police station in the Liman Street.
- swim at the sandy beach, close to the marina. There is a pebble beach, which belongs to the hotels, and a sandy beach at the other side of the marina. The sandy beach is wonderful, clear water, and a little bit caribbean-like.
- Sea to Sky/Olympos Teleferik (colloquially known as 'Tahtalı Teleferiği' in Turkish), Yeni Mah. Atatürk Bulvarı 2/1, Kemer (their office in downtown) (access to lower station is from a 7-km surface road that branches off from the main highway between the towns of Çamyuva and Tekirova , 8 km south of Kemer; shuttles are also available), ☎ +90 242 814-30-47 ([email protected], fax: +90 242 814-44-91), . Every half an hour between 9AM-7PM daily in high season/10AM-5PM daily in low season. Cable car connecting to the 2,365 mt summit of Mt Tahtalı. A trip takes 10 minutes. 75 TL/€30. edit
- Outdoor Sports, A great Downhill Mountainbike Ride at Ovacik and a cool Canyoning Adventure through the Kuzdere Passage is offered in Kemer by Lukka Outdoor on a regular basis. Their shuttles pick you up at your hotel. contact [email protected]
- Night Clubs, The town has got four night clubs. They are open for business during summer. Aura Night Club, Inferno Night Club, Klub Kristall, Club Salinas. The clubs are open from 22:00 PM until 04:00 AM every day of a week. Famous singers such as INNA and Alexandra Stan occasionally perform at Aura Night Club and Inferno Night Club. Tickets cost around 20-35 liras. They are located near the clock tower in centrum, just by the beach.
- Kardelen, Aslanbucak. Excellent food. 20-25 TL for a main course. (36.59530499560991,30.531105467084483) edit
- Merhaba Garden. Great steaks. ~20TL. Pickup service at tel +90 242 814 5594 or +90 535 554 3661 edit
- Club Med Palmiye. A luxury all inclusive resort on a private beach north of the town, perfect for families edit
- Club Med Kemer. A sports orientated, Adults Only resort for those travelling on a budget edit
Dial +90 242 xxx xxxx (from out of Turkey) or 0 242 xxx xxxx (within Turkey) to call local phone numbers.
Either you can call a yellow cab to your hotel or reserve transfer from kemer by the tourism agencies