Kasaragod  is a city in the northern end of Kerala in India.It borders Karnataka state. It is part of Tulunadu region.
One of the major attractions of the district of Kasargod is the Theyyam festival– it is one of the only places in the world where this unique ritual is practiced.
Kasaragod is by no means culturally homogenous, however. Other important festivals in the area include Onam, Vishu, eid ul fitr, eid ul azha and Christmas.
Kasaragod is often described as the land of seven language, as Malayalam, Beary, Tulu, Kannada, Konkani, Marathi, Urdu are all spoken by significant portions of the population. English has a wide acceptance as well, largely due to the influences of colonialism and, more recently, touris
The nearest international airport is at Mangalore in Karnataka State which is about 65 km away from Kasargod. Another airport is at Kozhikode (Calicut) 200 km away.
Kasargod and Kanhangad are well connected and serviced by rail to all major cities in India like H.Nizamudeen, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Jammutawi, Gandhidam, Jaipur, Pune, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Mangalore, Kochi, Chennai, and Bangalore.
You can also reach Kasargod by bus from big cities like Kozhikode, Mangalore, Kochi, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Mysore, Goa as the KSRTC (Kerala State Road Transport Corporation) and many other private bus operators are there to transport you.
Kasaragod is well connected with the road networks, including NH17 (from Mumbai-Kochi), SH (Kasaragod-Kanhangad). Thus has access to major cities like Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Chennai, Bangaluru, Coimbatore, Mysore, Shimoga, Koorg, Goa.
- Bus - local bus service system is cheap serving passengers at Rs ₹6 per km. Private and KSRTC are available
- Autoricksha - this is cheap way of transportation facility between attractions and have the minimum fare of Rs 25 and about Rs 5 addidtion to every kilometres
- Taxi - local taxis are also available at cheap rates varying from Cars,Jeeps,Tourist buses
- Car - there are many rental companies offering cars with drivers or self drive
- Walk - many places of attractions are near by other so you could walk between them
- House Boats - at places like Bekal, Kottappuram, Valiyaparamba you can have a journey by houseboats in the lake.
calicut To kasaragod 200 km on road
- Siva Temple, Adoor. Famous for ancient where legendary Kiratha Yuddham a battle between Arjuna and Lord Siva took place. edit
- Madiyan Kulom Temple, Ajanoor. kalashat theyam date edit
- Anandashram. Spiritual centre. edit
- Lake Temple, Ananthapuram, . The largest and best preserved fort in the state. edit
- famous Bekal Fort, bekal fort near bekal juntion kasargod (NH17). edit
- Bekal Hole Aqua Park. Pedal boats and water cycles. edit
- Bela Church. Gothic style Roman Catholic church. edit
- Bellikoth. A cultural centre. edit
- Chandragiri Fort. 17th century fort. edit
- Veeramala Hills, Cheruvathur. A picnic spot, ruins of 18th century Dutch fort. edit
- CPCRI. Central Plantation Corps Research Instituite. edit
- Sankaracharya tradition art and learning center, Edneer Mutt. edit
- Govinda Pai Memorial. Native place of the greatest Kannada poets of modern time. edit
- Kammatam Kavu. An evergreen forest associate with Kammadam Bhagavathi Temple. edit
- Kanjan Junga. An artist village. edit
- Kanwatheertha Beach Resort. edit
- Kappil Beach, (NEAR UDMA TOWEN). edit
- Kottancherry Rain Forests. edit
- Mud Fort, Kottappuram. Build by the Nileshwar Rajas. edit
- Kumbla Temple. Sri krishna temple. edit
- Srimad Anantheswara Vinayaka Temple, Madhur. edit
- Madiayankulam Temple. Famed for Bhutha Dance (pootham) festivals in May/June and December/January. edit
- Maipady Palace. Palaces of Kumbala Rajas. edit
- Malik Dinar Mosque. Thalankara,Kasargod and its one of the famous Dargas in south India.It is one of the first ten mosques in India edit
- Nellikunnu Mosque. Famous for Uroos edit
- Nityanandasramam. Spiritual centre for all edit
- Padanna Theme Village. The ultimate theme village where one can have a look of hunting fish, stay ,food etc. edit
- Perne. Place 28 Muchilottu Bhagavathi temples, The mass marriage at the time of Pooram festival in the month of Meenam is a unique feature of this temple. edit
- Pallikere Beach, (Very close to Bekal Fort). edit
- Posadigumpe, (Dharmathadka 30 KM north-east of Kasargod). An ideal picnic centre. edit
- Povval Fort, (Kasargod-Mulleria route about 10 KMs from Kasargod). edit
- Ranipuram Hill Stations, (48 KMs east of Kanhangad). edit
- Sree Mahalingeswara Temple. edit
- Trikaripur. Famous for T.S.Thirumumbu of Thazekkattu mana, poet and freedom fighter. edit
- Trikkanad. Ideal place for adventurous swimmers and famous Pandyan Kallu temple. * This temple is famous for "Baliyidal - Pithrutharpanam". * It face towards the sea. edit
- Tulur Vanam (a.k.a Kekulom). edit
- Valiyaparamba back Waters. Scenic backwater. edit
Thurthi is a scenic island on the Chandragiri River. It is privately owned and accessible with the permission of the owners.
It's famous for its sweets like Holige. Here is a partial list of some popular dishes:
- Steamed food - Puttu, Iddali, Idiyappam, Ada
- Fried food - Fish fry, Fried bananas, bajji (fried chillies)
- Deserts - Payasam (rice, wheat, or coconut), Pickled mango
In Kasaragod one can have coconut water, coconut water made toddy, juices of different fruits.
- hotel city tower. edit
- Vivanta by Taj Resorts, . It is five star resort by Taj hotel network edit
- “lalit. It is five star resort by lalit group edit
- The Lalit Resort & Spa, Bekal, . Five star spa resort Rs 12000. edit
- Gitanjali Heritage, . This heritage home stay in Panayal village offers a first hand experience of Malabar heritage, cuisine, and hospitality. Houseboat facilities and opportunities to experience the Theyyam art form are also available. edit
- Kalluvalappil Holiday Inn, opp. new bus stand (New Press Club Road), ☎ 04994220007. checkin: 00:00; checkout: 00:00. 1400. (,including taxes) edit