DHA or Defence Housing Authority is one of Karachi's most affluent neighbourhoods by the sea, popular among tourists visiting the city. The neighborhood has emerged as the largest and most prestigious residential estate of the city. Through a well-managed and regulated administration it provides the best educational, recreational, cultural and civic facilities in an aesthetically dynamic environment. These are cardinal factors which have made the DHA's land precious estate property.
The neighborhood of DHA is connected with the rest of the city via a network of bridges. These include Jinnah Bridge, Mai Kolachi Bypass, Clifton Bridge, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road bridge, Queen's Road Bridge, Lilly Bridge, Kala Pul and KPT interchange at Hino Chowk.
Port Grand, Clifton Boat Basin and DHA Peninsula (Marina, Carlton hotel, Savor, Restaurants at Do Darya and DHA Golf Club) can also be reached by boat from Keamari Harbor.
- Sea View, is a section of Clifton beach and one of the most popular entertainment sites in Karachi. It also has a number of restaurants including McDonalds, KFC, Salt n Pepper and Pizza Hut along the coast and is the only cheapest and easily accessible picnic point of Karachi. The beach is famous for its lighting arrangements during night and also due to nearby Sea View Park (also called McDonalds park) and Maj Khalid Shaheed Park.
- Dolmen City, (next to the clifton beach), is the largest shopping complex of Karachi. It is home to numerous high street shops, a huge Carrefour hyper market, Sindbad amusement park for kids and a large food court with eateries from western cinnabon, fat burger, johnny rockets to the most trendiest GunSmoke. You can also enjoy beautiful sea view from Gloria Jeans here or try Fish Spa.
- Do Darya, also referred as Devil's Point and located in DHA Phase 8 next to the Arabian sea has now became a giant food district housing several authentic restaurants such as Kolachi, Charcoal, Ambala, Afridi Inn and several others. Restaurants by the sea really worth a visit.
- Masjid-e-Tooba, (in Defence) is the largest single-domed mosque in the world. Built in the late 1960s, the mosque complex is under one vast dome with no supporting columns or vaults. Constructed of white marble, it has thousands of mirror tiles in its thermally proofed interior, giving the impression of twinkling stars. Visitors are welcome, although it's recommended to avoid prayer times and Fridays. Free.
- Defence Central Library , (on Sunset Boulevard), is one of the prime institutions of Defence Housing Authority Karachi. It was established on 3rd November 1991. The library building has a beautifully designed and artistically decorated compound with lush green lawns, fountains and rockeries all around it. Like any modern library, DCL has a computerized book inventory, modern and speedy Internet facilities, exclusive newspapers & periodicals section, access to digital library of HEC, state-of-art audio visual facilities and a unique Children's Library fully equipped with modern facilities.
- Zamzama Park is a 26 acre park located near Zamzama Avenue. It has jogging tracks, walking paths, roller blading enclosure, skating rink, plays & swings for children, bonsai garden, kido fido dides & play, canteen and beverage area and gymnasium. Karachi's only Museum of Modern Arts (FOMMA) is located inside the park. Rs. 10.
- Nisar Shaheed Park is another 26 acre park opposite Sunset Club. It has Walking Paths, Jogging Track of 1 km length, Plays / Swings for children, a Tuck Shop outside the Park and Gym Area. Rs. 10.
There is much to do in Karachi, a city of more than 18 million people is unlikely to be short on activities. Simply let yourself be overwhelmed by this city, its size and scope, its heart breaking disparity between rich and poor, and its breathtaking sights and sounds. Karachi isn't just a city, it is a world unto itself.
You can also walk along the beaches, under clear skies, which at night is an experience worth the travel alone, as visitors can gaze towards the heavens while the Arabian sea cascades over their sandalled feet. Streetlights dotting the coast of Karachi increase the beauty of the sea and surrounding areas.
From Jet Skiing to Underwater Activities, you can do all in Karachi.
Karachi is also a great place to go to the movies. Most cinemas have world-class standards and show the latest Hollywood, Bollywood and Pakistani releases. The tickets are available at very low prices compared to the west and expect to wear 3D glasses for some of the latest Hollywood releases.
- Neuplex Cinemas, The Place at Khayaban-e-Shaheen, DHA Phase VIII (Opposite Creek Vistas Apartments), . is Pakistan's largest Cinema Complex. The complex has five theatre halls – 270 seats in cinema 1, 360 seats in cinema 2, 275 seats in cinema 3, 148 seats in cinema 4 and cinema 5, which is a luxury cinema, has 48 seats. edit
There are a great number of shopping places in DHA, ranging from the traditional bazaar to the modern shopping malls. A first-time visitor should try and visit the bazaars. The bazaars usually consist of many small vendors selling a variety of products from accessories to clothes to food and drink. In addition, there are larger stores which are more specific in their products.
- Sunday Market, 26th Street, DHA. Sunday 11AM to 7PM. DHA Sunday Market is a great place to shop in Karachi. The market opens only on Sunday's and here you can buy a lot of cool stuffs at bargaining prices from household items to clothes, bags, shoes, books and groceries. edit
- Dolmen City, Beach Avenue. is the largest shopping complex of Karachi. It is home to numerous high street shops, a huge Carrefour hyper market, Sindbad amusement park for kids and a large food court with eateries from western cinnabon, fat burger, johnny rockets to the most trendiest GunSmoke. You can also enjoy beautiful sea view from Gloria Jeans here or try Fish Spa. edit
- Mercato, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer (Opp Sea View McDonalds). M to S 10:30am-12:00am. is a UAE based chain offering a complete range of Groceries, Fresh Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy Products, Fresh Meats, Pharmacy, Jewelery & Ladies Handbags, Sunglasses, Clothing, Foot Wear, Health & Beauty products/accessories and a complete range of household products. edit
The beauty of the food in Karachi is that you will probably find cuisine for every taste.
- BBQ Tonight, Com. 5/1 Boat Basin, Block 5, Clifton, . One of Karachi's most popular restaurants. Spread over four stories of seating, including partly covered rooftop seating, the restaurant is almost always completely packed, but the turnover is high, so reservations aren't required. It now serves lunch. The rooftop is good. UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 227-111
- Al-Bustan, Sheraton Hotel, Club Rd. ☎ +92 21 3563-3333. Live Pakistani traditional band playing nightly from 8PM-midnight.
- Laziz Mix Fruit Chat, Liberty Chowk Tariq Rd.
- Chandni, (Pearl Continental Hotel), Club Rd, UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 505-505.
- Chawal Inn, Boat Basin, Clifton
- Jans chicken, Boat Basin, Khayaban-e-Roomi, (opposite Clifton Jamat khana).
- Marco Polo, (Pearl Continental Hotel), Club Rd, UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 505-505.
- Mughal Darbar, Boat Basin, (opposite Sailing Club),
- Qasr-E-Nakheel, Boat Basin, Clifton.
- The Pakistani, (Sheraton Hotel), Club Rd, ☎ +92 21 3563-3333
- Village Garden Grill and BBQ, Club Rd, (opposite Avari towers). Great BBQ and restaurant. One of the top ones in Karachi. ☎ +92 21 3521-2880
- Laziz Mix Fruit Chat, Tariq Rd. Well known and hygienically well mannered place.
- Nihari Inn, at boat basin near clifton for traditional nahari with hot nans.
- Chatkharay, Khadda Market, Defence.
- Nando's, Main Boat Basin, Clifton.
Phone: +92 21 3586-8145, 3586-8144
Chinese and other East Asian
- China Town, Com. 7/3, Khayaban-e-Saadi, Kehkashan Block 2, Clifton, ☎ +92 21 3586-0528, +92 21 3537-4423
- Chairman Mao, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3585-3333, +92 21 3535-0855, Delivery Only
- Dynasty, Avari Towers, Fatima Jinnah Rd., ☎ +92 21 3566-0100 ext. 2080
- Jade Garden, Sea Breeze Heights, Fl-2 Khayaban-e-Saadi, Block 2, Clifton, ☎ +92 21 3586-5650, +92 21 3583-1126
- Suzie Wong, Marriott Hotel, 9 Abdullah Haroon Road, ☎ +92 21 568-0111
- Sweet and Sour, 55-C, Khayaban-e-Muslim, Muslim Commercial Area, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3584-0996, +92 21 3584-0997
- Tai Pan, (Pearl Continental Hotel), Club Road, UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 505-505
- Singapore Sling, Clifton, (near the beach). Singaporean, Malaysian and Chinese foods and BBQ, Great food, clean and reasonable.
- The Korean, Clifton, (near Schoen Circle),
- Telefood, 24th street DHA II, ☎ +92 21 3589-2372, +92 21 3589-0384. Free home delivery Pakistani, Chinese, Italian, English and BBQ menu to choose from,
- Asia Live, (Avari Towers), Fatima Jinnah Rd, UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 282-747
- Cafe 9, 5-E, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3529-5081, +92 21 529-5082
- Cafe Zouk, Plot No. 27/C, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Phase 5, D.H.A, Clifton, ☎ +92 21 3585-6491, +92 21 3585-6492
- Cafe Flo, Clifton, (near three swords in the Alliance Francaise).
- Clifton Grill, (is closed now) Plot No. 2/A, K.D.A., Scheme 5, Clifton, ☎ +92 21 587-9335, +92 21 3587-9336
- Cafe Grand, Abdullah Haroon Rd, (opposite Metropole Hotel).
- Cactus Cafe, 71/C, 24 St., Phase-V, D.H.A, Off. Khayaban-e-Tanzeem
- Don Corleone's Cafe & Restaurant, Mall Square, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3583-0615
- Evolution, 66C-68C, 25th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3586-0941, +92 21 3582-4651
- Excellent, Marine Arcade, Kehkashan,Clifton
- Fuchsia, E-23, 2nd Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3536-3944, +92 21 3536-3948
- Hang Out, Plot #23-C, Mezzanine Floor, DS123, Badar Commercial Area, 26th Street, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3824-9060, +92 21 3534-5072
- Henny Penny, # 99, 9th Commercial, Phase-IV, D.H.A
- Kabana Restaurant, Clifton Food Centre, Opp.Bilawal House
- Le Grand, 9-E, 7th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3582-0186, +92 21 3582-0187
- Lotus Court, Sheraton hotel, Club Rd
- Maxim's, UBL Building, Main Clifton Rd
- New York Cafe, 10-C, 6th Zamzama Lane, Phase-V, Main Zamzama Blvd., D.H.A
- Patio, F-50/1, Block- 4 , Clifton
- Saint's, 12-C, 26th Street,Tauhid Commercial Area, Phase-V, D.H.A
- Secret Recipe, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Phase 6 DHA.
- Shangrila International Restaurant, Avari towers
- The Elbow Room, Mumtaz Hussain Street, I.I. Chundrigar Rd, ☎ +92 21 3241-2241, +92 21 3241-2242
- Topkani Restaurant, Arts Council Building, M.R. Kayani Rd
- Village, Opposite Avari towers, Club Rd, Also offers Sheesha.
- Zen, 49-C, Khayaban-e-Sehar, Phase-VI, DHA
- Telepizza. Pizza home delivery to DHA and Clifton 24th Commercial Street DHA II, ☎ +92 21 3204-3533, +92 21 3539-1783
- Cafe Coffee Day, First Stadium Lane, Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Phase 5, D.H.A. ☎ +92 21 3546-3814, Live rock bands, usually on random Saturday nights. Call for schedule.
- Chatkharay, 27-C, Stadium Lane No. 2, Phase 5, D.H.A. , UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 242-854
- Dumpukht, (Marriott Hotel), 9 Abdullah Haroon Rd, ☎ +92 21 3568-0111 Ext. 2201, Show: Indian traditional dancer every night except Monday from 8PM-11:30PM.
- Gazebo, Saba Commercial, 2-C Saba Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 111 842-1167, 585-2406 and at 3-C Gul Arcade, Commercial Lane 1, Khaada Market,
Phase 5, D.H.A. ☎ +92 21 3842-1169.
- Delhi Muslim Kali, Plot #23-C, Zamzama Boulevard, Land-2, D.H.A.
- Baan Thai, 23-C, 2nd, Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3586-9084, +92 21 3586-9085
- Fuchsia, E-23, 2nd Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase 5, D.H.A.
- Royal Blue Elephant, Pearl Continental Hotel, Club Road, UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 505-505
- Sawasdee, 29-C, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 111 535-0771, +92 21 3535-0772
- Thai Seafood, Old Sunset boulevard.
- Thai Express, Marine Arcade No. 5, Block 3, Clifton
- Cafe Aylanto, 2-C, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3587-5724
- Limoncello, 14-C, 7h Zamzama Commercial Lane, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 530-1973, +92 21 3530-1974
- Pompeii, Shapes Health Club Compound, Old Railway Club, 139 Mc Niel Road, Cantt, ☎ +92 21 3521-4684, +92 21 3521-9657
- Thyme, 11-C, 1st Commercial Lane, Zamzama , Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 321 921-1901
- Quattro, 147-C, Khayaban-e-Seher , Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3524-3257, +92 21 3524-3258
- Cozmo, Sheraton Hotel, Club Rd, ☎ +92 21 3563-3333
- Fujiyama, Avari Towers, Fatima Jinnah Rd, ☎ +92 21 3566-0100 ext. 2076
- Kamameshi, C-22, Suite No. 2, 26th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3530-4257, +92 21 3530-4258
- Sakura, (Pearl Continental Hotel), Club Rd.
- Beirut, 7th Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase ☎ +92 21 3530 1973, +92 21 3530 174
- Kabab-Ji, Sheraton Hotel, Club Road, ☎ +92 21 3563-3333
- Meezaj Restaurant (Arabian food center), Chapal ocean center, Sea View, Near Bilawal house, Clifton, ☎ +92 21 537-3077 is in the lane next to shabestan (Iranian restaraunt) and Live Rostrum.
- Cafe Aylanto, 2-C, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama Phase 5, D.H.A.
- Nadia Cafe, Marriott Hotel, 9 Abdullah Haroon Road, ☎ +92 21 3568-0111, (Theme Nights/Call For Cuisine Schedule)
- Okra , 12-C, 10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3583-1350, +92 21 3586-6616
- Olive Bistro & Grill, Shop #2, Plot 27/C, Stadium Lane 2, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3534-5270
- The Deli, 5-C, 1st Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 583-8954, +92 21 3854-5790
- Domino's Pizza, on Zamzama Boulevard
- La Pizza Pie, 1/A, Marine Arcade, Block 3, Clifton, ☎ +92 21 3529-2301
- Papa John's Pizza, Main Clifton road also at D.A. Degree College Ground
- Shakey's Pizza, BC-7, Block-5, Crystal Court, KDA Scheme-5, Kehkashan, Clifton
- Pizza Hut (19 Locations) easily found in most areas of the city
- Telepizza,C9-C 24th Commercial Street DHA II Ext. ☎, +92 21 3204-3533, +92 21 3539 1783. Free home delivery.
- Aqua Lounge, 18-C, 1st Floor, 5th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3537-6700, +92 21 3537-6701
- 'Nadia Cafe, (Marriott Hote)l, 9 Abdullah Haroon Rd, ☎ +92 21 3568-0111, (Theme Nights/Call For Cuisine Schedule)
- Thai Seafood, Old Sunset Boulevard, DHA
- Arizona Grill , (4 Locations) DHA Country Golf Club, Clifton near Teen Talwar, 20-C 2nd Commercial Lane, Main Zamzama Boulevard, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3583-4974 and at Bahadurabad, #5, Ground Floor, Iqbal Arcade, Main Shaheed-e-Millat Rd, ☎ +92 21 3438-2055, +92 21 3438-2056
- Copper Kettle, (2 Locations) 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3583-8659 and at CK2, Plot # P.P.14, Sir Shah Soleman Rd, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, ☎ +92 21 3482-7571
- Gun Smoke, 10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 3536-2283
- Jason's Steakhouse, (Pearl Continental Hotel), Club Rd, UAN: ☎ +92 21 111 505-505
- Arizona Express, Marine Pride, Block 7, Clifton
- Crab Attack, ☎ +92 21 3201-9687, Boating excursion & seafood buffet. Private bookings.
- Cafe Mist, Inside Arena games arcade, Karsaz road, From sandwiches to burgers to a specially designed children’s menu, Café Mist is the perfect place to replenish yourself after a day of fun and games.
- Ittehad Wine Shop, Phase 6, D.H.A. (Near Cafe Zouk). Wine shop selling liquor edit
Apart from many good restaurants in town, there are also plenty of cafes cum restaurants with a nice ambience:
- Bread People Bakery & Cafe, 10-C, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, 26th St, Shahbaz Commercial Area, Phase 6, Defence, ☎ +92 21 524-3256. Live music bands, usually on random Saturday nights. Call for schedule. edit
- Butlers Chocolate Café, Main Road, Off 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, ☎ +92 21 3530-1927. 07:00-14:00. Ireland’s leading and award winning chocolatier has an upmarket and elegant cafe offering fine chocolates and gifts. Large selection in an excellent atmosphere. Rs. 800-1,000. edit
- Café 9, 5-E, 9th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase V, Defence, ☎ +92 21 3529-5081. 11:00-01:00. Recently renovated and soothing cafe offering many dishes from different cuisines. A branch is also located in Emerald Tower at Do Talwar. Rs. 800-1,000. edit
- Café Chatter Box, 3-C, 3rd Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase V, Defence, ☎ +92 21 583-3586-9548. 08:00-12:00. Pakistan's premier and popular bakery "Pie In The Sky" is located inside the cafe, which offers an extensive selection of high quality baked good. Cafe is very popular gathering spot among young people and offers many dishes of various cuisines in a nice atmosphere. Rs. 1,000-1,500. edit
- Latte Lounge, 47-C, Main khayaban-e-Sehr, Phase 6, Defence, ☎ +92 21 3535-0877. 11:00-23:00. Popular among youngsters, cafe offers continental food, many homemade baked goods, coffee as well as shisha in a nice pleasant atmosphere. Rs. 500-800. edit
- Olé, Plot# 22C/1, 6th Commericial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, Defence, ☎ +92 21 2529-5144. 12:00-23:59. Cafe is congested however environment is cosy and Continental menu is good. Overall a good place to hangout. Rs. 800-1,000. edit
- Purple Haze, 66C-68C, 25th St Tauheed Commercial, Defence (In the basement of 'Evolution' restaurant), ☎ +92 21 3586-0941. 13:00-01:00. Serves some of the best desserts in Karachi and shisha as well. Karaoke nights are usually fun too. Rs. 800-1,000. edit
- Roasters, 23-C, 2nd Commercial Lane, Main Zamzama Rd Phase 5, Defence, ☎ +92 21 3530-2204. A very cosy cafe with nice interior. A good place to hangout. Food is excellent and offering gourmet coffee, deserts, grill as well steak. Rs. 800-1,000. edit
There are hundreds of coffee shops clustered in this district especially in the Clifton and Defence areas. Few are mentioned here:
- Gloria Jeans Coffees, Third floor, Dolmen Mall, Beach Avenue, ☎ +92-21-3453-4176. 8AM-2AM. Australian based International coffee chain in the city offers more than 60 different varieties of coffees. Rs. 500 -800. edit
- Espresso, Across the city, ☎ +92-21-111-393-377, . A chain of an excellent local coffee house in the country located throughout out the city. edit
- The Second Floor (T2F), 10-C, Sunset Lane 5, Phase 2 Extension, DHA, Karachi, ☎ +92 300 823-0276, . 11AM- 9PM. The second floor is a wireless coffeehouse, featuring a bookshop and a space for creative expression and intelligent discourse. Apart from excellent coffee, T2F also has a range of excellent sandwiches, snacks and dessert. There are regular events such as poetry readings, book signings, workshops, talks, debates, film screenings, unplugged music sessions, gallery openings, exhibitions and stand-up comedy. Numerous well-known politicians, artists, writers, musicians, dancers, filmmakers and thinkers of all ages frequent the place to speak, work or simply hang out. edit
If you have the time, and inclination to smoke, check out one of Karachi's cigar lounges. They stock quality international brands including authentic Cuban cigars at Club Havana (DHA 5). Other notable lounges are Castro's and the Cigar Bar in Zamzama. These places have luxurious interiors and can give the illusion of being in a 1950s film, Note that you will have to pay a handsome sum for the pleasure of genuine Cubans.
- Club Havana, 10, Vawda House, 10th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, Defence, ☎ +92-21-3582-1696, . 11:30AM-12:30AM. A unique, cozy and tranquil atmosphere cigar lounge in the city often play music in the background. Offering large collection of cigars. Rs. 800-1,000. edit
- Castro's Cigar Lounge, Carlton Hotel, DC-5, Opp. Zulfiqar St, Phase 8, Defence, ☎ +92-21-3453-4176. edit
- Cigar Bar, 6th Commercial Lane, Zamzama, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ +92 21 530-2006. edit
There are also plenty of Sheesha bars & hookah lounges in Defence. Most of them are centered around Khayaban-e-Sehr including Cafe Downtown, Cafe Riverwood, Club Genova and Latte Lounge. Some popular sheesha bars include:
- Cafe Downtown, 45-C, Khayaban-e Sehr, 30th Street, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ (92-21) 3-524-3285, 3-524-3286. edit
- Cafe Riverwood, 33-C, Khayaban-e Sehr, Off Saba Avenue, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ (92-21) 3-584-3051, 3-584-3052. edit
- Club Genova, 37-C, Khayaban-e Sehr Off Saba Avenue, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ (92-21) 3-524-3351-53. edit
- Evolution, 66C-68C, 25th Street, Tauheed Commercial Area, Phase 5, D.H.A., ☎ (92-21) 3-586-0941. edit
- Studio Cafe, Plot 32 D/1, Khayaban-e-Shahbaz, Phase 6, D.H.A., ☎ (92-21) 3-524-3458. edit
- Rooftop Bistro, Area 51 Sports Complex, Zulfiqar Street 1 Phase 8, D.H.A. (Inside Area 51). edit
- Southend Club Hotel , Khayaban-e-Rahat Phase 6, D.H.A.. Karachi, Pakistan
- Sarai Hotel , 4th Sunset Street Club, Karachi, Pakistan
- Ramada Karachi Creek (Wyndham Group), DC-5, off Zulfiqar Street # 1, Phase VIII, DHA (Next to Marina Creek Club), ☎ +92 21 111 727 272. Built and managed by an international chain, this hotel is a mid range beach resort. Have two restaurants serving Chinese and Pakistani cuisine. Offers a luxury cruise out to sea with a buffet dinner for up to 35 people. There are two cafes also located inside the resort hotel. edit
- DA Country & Golf Club Chalets, Inside DHA Golf Club, . Built along the creek, Defence Authority Country & Golf Club Resort Chalets include 14 single and 6 double room chalets equipped with Plasma TV, attached bath, Jacuzzi, dressing room and front lawn facing the creek. 11700-30000. edit
South Karachi is packed with Internet cafés, resturants and hotels offering free WiFi and computer access. Be wary of key loggers which reputedly are epidemic at Internet cafés. There have also been cases where memory cards get infected with a virus when plugged into an Internet café computer.
The area code for Karachi is 21. Prefix +92 If you are calling from outside Pakistan. Phone numbers are eight digits long. All mobile numbers, however are 11 digits long and begin with "03", and should not be dialled with the city prefix. Omit the '0' when dialing a cell phone from outside Pakistan and prefix the '92' code.
Internet Access, can be obtained easily on mobile phone or notebook computers with the help of GRPS, supported by almost all of the 5 mobile operators but their speed is low. Alternatively, you can buy PTCL Evo , which is a USB internet device with speed upto 9.1 mbps. Witribe , Qubee  and Wateen  also offers wireless pocket modems with good speed at low prices.
Wifi, There are several free Wifi Hotspots in Karachi  in hotels, malls and cafes/resturants. Wateen HotSpot  is a paid WiFi service, which is being offered free of any charges for a limited time only.
Cybercafes, used to be found on virtually every street corner with rates as low as Rs 15-20 per hour but most of them have closed now with the emergence of mobile internet but still some exist. The ones which exist usually use 14 inch monitors with Windows 2000, Windows 98 or Windows XP installed. They usually don't have a very fast operating system or decent internet speed so don't be too impatient. Also caution is advised for putting USB in these computers as they mostly have viruses.
Public Call Offices, can be found all over the city. You will find a PCO in nearly 50% of the general stores , there is usually someone who operates the phone and fax. Fees will be charged according to the time spent, and you will pay when you have finished your call.
Cell phone, coverage in the city is pretty good. There are various service providers offering a huge variety of plans. Among them are Mobilink, Warid Telecom, Telenor, Ufone & Zong (China Mobile). Its not a bad idea to buy a new sim and use a prepaid plan to get yourself connected while you are in the city. You can purchase a new sim only from the customer care centers of the cellular companies by providing a copy of your passport while you can recharge your sim from almost every general store in the city.
Postal & Courier, can easily be found across the city. Some popular postal & courier companies include TCS , Leopards , Pakistan Post , DHL , Fedex  etc. Defence General Post Office is located on Sunset boulevard.