Jomtien is immediately south of Pattaya and, practically speaking, they form one municipality. Jomtien, like Pattaya, is popular with tourists, but has a significant population of permanent expats and some workers, making for a more sedate bar and night life scene.
As with most Thai place and street names written using Latin characters, Jomtien is spelled in a number of ways with road signs usually reading Chom Tien or Chom Thian while shops and businesses use Jomtien.
Visitors from Bangkok by bus will arrive at the main Pattaya bus terminal on North Pattaya Rd. Taxis can take you directly to your hotel or other destinations. From the bus terminal songthaews (aka "baht buses", converted pick up trucks with two longitudinal benches in the back) depart once full and will drop travellers throughout Pattaya and Jomtien for between 5 and 20 baht depending on the distance travelled. If taking a baht bus it's advisable to know roughly where your intended stop is, as passengers have to push the buzzer to signal the driver to stop.
Pattaya/Jomtien Beach from/to Suvarnabhumi Airport: Governmental bus Tel. +66 86 3242391 134 baht to Pattaya: 07:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 21:00, and 22:00. Even more frequency depending on numbers. The bus departs directly from the airport at Level 1 between door 7-8 and makes stops along Sukhumvit Rd at Pattaya Nua (north), Pattaya Klang (middle), Pattaya Tai (south), its bus station at Thapphraya Rd/corner at lower end of Theprasit Rd and the bus station at Chaiyapreuk Rd.
Departing from the Jomtien bus station  (Tel. +66 32 42389) at Thapphraya Rd/corner Theprasit Rd to the airport at 07:00, 08:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00, 20:00, and 21:00. It is also possible to board the bus 20 minutes prior to its departing time at the bus station at Chaiyapreuk Rd. No other stops are made.
If you have very little or no luggage (and don't mind risking your life) motorcycle taxis are plentiful and should cost between 20-100 baht to any destination within Pattaya or Jomtien.
The bus service from the new airport in Bangkok, pronounced "Soowanapoom" is now a lot quicker, and more reliable. The cost now is 126 baht, and is by far the best way to get to Jomtien. There were originally 2 terminals in Jomtien. The Soi Chaiapruek terminal is no more. The ticket office is still there, and in high season it is a good idea to book your ticket earlier on the day you are returning to Bangkok.
The terminus in Jomtien is best described as a car park, serving the small shopping precinct and Foodmart Supermarket opposite Pan-Pan restaurant. It is a busy junction, arrivals going to Pattaya travel north, and Jomtien to the south. There is no shortage of baht buses, they are helpful, and you simply indicate your destination. You will share with others, and should expect to pay about 20-30 baht per person. Jomtien Beach Rd is 400 metres away, and most hotels are located along the beach road, which is at least 3 km long. There are many guesthouse and apartments/studios, located up the side streets,the majority being in Soi Watboon, which is alongside The Grand Jomtien Palace hotel, shortly after Soi 11.
- Dongtan Beach runs to the right of the police box at the very end of Thappraya Rd. While this area is frequented by mostly straight families, it also boasts perhaps the largest concentration of LGBT community  beach-goers in SE Asia. A 265 m section of this beach, from Tui's Place  to Rabbit Resort  is greater-Pattaya's only gay beach. The beach is divided into sections, each run by a separate vendor. Here you can relax and share your experiences with fellow gay travellers from around the world or with local expats, get a foot massage (about 300 baht for an hour), purchase all manner of DVDs and other paraphernalia from roving vendors, people watch, eat, drink, read, relax.
- Jomtien Beach is some 6 km long and is especially popular with Thai families enjoying day outings. Beach chairs are 30 baht/day, and there are countless places to eat, shop and stay just a few steps away on the opposite side of Jomtien Beach Rd.
- Pattaya Park and Tower (สวนสนุกพัทยาปาร์ค), ☎ +66 38 364-110(-20), . Su-F 10:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-20:00. Pattaya Park Beach Resort and Tower at Chom Thian features a large whirlpool with giant sliders and a tower with a revolving restaurant. Visitors can also enjoy several games and rides on the tower and in its playground. 200 baht. edit
- Hardbody Fitness Gym (401/17 Moo 12, Thappraya Rd. No telephone. Small non-air-con weights-oriented gym. Open daily 08:30-21:00; 75 baht/day, 300 baht/week, 500 baht/fortnight, 750 baht/month, 2000 baht/3 months, 3,500 baht/6 months, 6,000 baht/year.
- Jomtien Bowl, Royal Jomtien Resort, Jomtien Beach Rd. 8 lanes, open daily 10:00-02:00.
- Jomtien Fishing Park Jomtien Beach Rd Soi 14. Charges 100 baht/own rod, 200 baht to rent house rods. Guides are available, as is food (including your catch!) and drink. Competitions on Sa Su 15:00-17:00 (100 baht/rod).
- Mari-Jari Sauna & Spa (New Level of Ancient Traditions), 13/68 Soi Wat Boon Kanjanaram Jomtien 2nd Rd (turn Jomtien Rd to Soi Wat Boon near Grand Jomtien Palace, cross Jomtien 2nd), ☎ +66 38 23 28 36, . 11-23, except Mondays. One of the best spa complex in Pattaya with relax and calm atmosphere. Visitors can use Finnish sauna, Russian steam room (banya), Turkish sauna, hot and ice cold water pools, swimming pool and recreation area, healthy food restaurant and children`s playroom. Mari-Jari Sauna & Spa offers to their clients different types of massages, body and face scrubs and masks, wrappings, Spa procedures (Charcot shower, Hydro massage, Circulation shower). edit
- Jungle Bungy Jump (15 minutes from town centre) Tel. +66 78 336655 . Located in a beautiful tropical setting, 50 m (165 ft) over a jungle lagoon. Provides transport anywhere in Pattaya. Open 09:00-18:00.
- Paintball World, Jomtien Beach Rd. Tel. +66 38 232796.
- Thai Alangkarn Theatre-Pattaya The extravaganza show presents "The Thai Performing Arts" in a panorama with a combination of multi-dimensional techniques. The theatre includes a prototype 70 m hexa stage theater with 2,000 seats in tiers and a restaurant with 1,000-seat capacity. Open daily (except Wednesday) Regular show 18:00. For reservations, call +66 38 256007 or +66 38 256000. E-mail: [email protected] km155 Sukhumvit Rd, from South Pattaya-Sattahip, opposite Pinnacle Hotel, 800 m before Ambassador City, Jomtien.
- Pattaya Park  on Dongtan Beach (at the north end of Jomtien) A large water park with giant slides and a tower with a revolving restaurant which offers a panoramic view of Pattaya. Good fun for families with children. Tel. +66 38 251201-8, +66 25 799612-4, +66 29 412056.
- Amara WindsurfingTel. +66 18 629958. Fax. +66 38 233276.
- Jomtien Yacht Club, 104 Moo 1 Sukhumvit Rd. Tel. +66 38 232774 fax. +66 38 232774.
- Bookazine Next to the 7-11 opposite the Dongtan Police Box at the very end of Thappraya Rd.
- Speakeasy Thai (Speakeasy Thai), . Paperback and E-books with audio files. Great start to learning Thai, in English, German (Deutsch), and Dutch (Nederlands) edit
- Pattaya Floating Market. Despite the name, you will find it in Jomtien at 451/304 Moo 12, Sukhumvit-Pattaya Rd., Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150. http://www.pattayafloatingmarket.com Opening hours 10 AM - 11 PM.
- Alois (say "ah-LOYZ"), Wonderful, sophisticated continental dining at very reasonable prices. +66 38 267191. Thappraya Rd, west side, near Third Rd overpass.
- Aquarius Very pleasant, inexpensive European dining. Closed M. +66 38 251895. Jomtien Complex.
- Bruno's Long-established, very fine continental dining. Expensive. +66 38 364600. Thappraya Rd, Chateau Dale Plaza.
- Cafe des Amis Charming, romantic continental dining. Moderate prices. +66 38 364327. At the foot of Soi 11 off Thappraya Rd.
- Cafe Ritz Nice British/continental food at reasonable prices. Very good daily specials. +66 87 9129108. Jomtien Complex.
- Dar's Place European and Thai food. Steaks, fresh coffee, espresso and cappuccino, outdoor and indoor dining. Daily 99 baht specials. Friendly English-speaking Thai lady owner with European and Thai cook. +66 87 9170561 Soi Bun Kanchana, side soi next to Tesco Lotus and dentist near covered market.
- Eurostar Austrian owned. Excellent Western and Thai food at reasonable prices. Jomtien Beach Rd near Soi 1.
- Gians Italian cuisine. +66 38 364934. Thappraya Rd, Chateau Dale Plaza.
- L'Olivier Informal French food, reasonable prices. Closed Tu. +66 38 251669. Jomtien Complex.
- Maggie May's Pub Soi Boonkanjana, Between Beach Rd Soi's 11&12. Lively bar and restaurant, frequented by locals. Bargain price drinks and American/English Cuisine, specializes in the American bar snack "Buffalo Wings". One of the few pubs that caters to a younger crowd.
- Maharaja, Moo 12, Jomtien Beach Rd. Outstanding, aromatic, impeccably cooked Indian food. One of Jomtien's best restaurants. edit
- Manhattans Pattaya's premier steak house. Expensive. Closed M. +66 38 259790. Thappraya Rd at Nirvana Place.
- Mignon Small but charming, inexpensive European food. Many beef dishes. +66 38 233763. Thappraya Rd, south side, about 200 m from Jomtien Beach Rd.
- Mike's Mexican Good fresh Tex-Mex in a charming open-air setting. +66 38 720222. Soi 5, a short way down from Thappraya Rd.
- Nawab Tadoori Excellent Indian food as well as Thai and European. They also have around 20 tasty dishes for vegetarians and the staff are very friendly. Located on Soi 5 off Pratamnak Rd, between Jomtien and Pattaya City. 08:00 to 24:00. Telephone +66 38 364392.
- News Cafe Good European food in a pleasant setting. Tapas menu. +66 38 267174. Thappraya Rd, Chateau Dale Plaza.
- Opal House Western and Thai food. Expensive for what you get. Jomtien Beach Rd near Soi 7.
- Pagoda Pleasant atmosphere, excellent service with continental/German cuisine at reasonable prices. +66 89 8041450. Jomtien Complex.
- Pan Pan (say "Bun-Bun"). Long established traditional Italian cuisine with wood-fired pizza oven. Very popular with Thai families. +66 38 251874. Thappraya Rd, west side, about 75 m north of Thepprasit.
- Poseidon European dining at reasonable prices (drinks are a bit pricey). Terrific 144 baht buffet breakfast. +66 38 303702. Jomtien Complex.
- See Sea Restaurant Near Soi 19. Excellent Thai Food restaurant with tables on the sidewalk a metre from the beach.
- Surf Kitchen Excellent Western and Thai food at reasonable prices. Jomtien Beach Rd near Soi 6.
- Tulip House Dutch food, Thai food. 344/3 Jomtien Beach Rd
- Tina's restaurant, Soi Thap prasit 8 (ซ.เทพประสิทริ้ 8), ☎ 081-741.53.60. 11-23. Thai and Farang food. Simple but tasty. Very clean and friendly. Inexpensive $. edit
- Just Burgers. Best American Hamburgers in Jomtien. Located on Jomtien Beach Rd. between Soi 8 and Soi 9 from 79 baht. edit
More subdued than the bar scene in Pattaya, Jomtien has a number of beer bars, a few ordinary bars and a small cluster of go-go bars concentrated mostly in one complex about 100 m from the beach along the main road towards Pattaya. Prices are generally a little lower than in Pattaya or Bangkok as bars are more reliant on the expat clientèle.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:
|| Under 1,000 baht
|| 1,000-2,500 baht
|| Over 2,500 baht
- Angel's Guest House, Jomtien Beach Rd, 131/23-24 Chaipreuk Rd, ☎ +66 86 8418920. Angel is a baby-blue miniature boutique complex with Wi-Fi and traditional Thai décor including shrines. Set back in a villagy part of the resort, it's a 1 min walk from the beach and a 15 min "baht-bus" ride to Pattaya. The staff speak English and can help with arranging local tours. edit
- Jomtien Golden Inn, Jomtien Beach Rd, Soi 7, ☎ +66 89 953226. A small guest house offers air-con rooms with cable TV and free Wi-Fi. From 550 baht. edit
- Jomtien Hostel, 279/347 Moo 12 Soi Somprasong Plaza, ☎ +66 38 233416 Ask for Joe the manager ([email protected], fax: +66 38 233837), . Cable TV, shower, fridge, balcony for smokers, LGBT-run establishment. 20 rooms, 8 apartments for monthly rent. Lift, wheelchair access. 260 baht bed in the fan dorm room, private room from 550-3,500 baht with air-con. edit
- Lek Hotel Jomtien, Jomtien Beach Rd, Soi 7. Offers clean but very basic air-con rooms with breakfast. 350 baht. edit
If you're looking for a unique place to stay, Maggie Mays Guesthouse is the right choice for you. The only choice.
Don't rush life. Time is short and life is no game. Slow down.
Find a dream place, where peace of mind opens a door wide open. A place, where summer felt in love with the sun.
Mornings do not bring you worry, and nights are clear, you should not hurry.
Let your mind wonder through pathless ways of Thai landscape, or feel childish in the coastal wonders.
Enbrace the blue, and let the green enrich you
Western-managed, large rooms, 200 m from the beach, authentic English and American food. Bar and restaurant on ground floor, with daily food and drink specials. 9 rooms with tea/coffee, air-con, safe, TV, DVD, free Wi-Fi, free computer with Internet at the bar, 100 channels, balcony. Long-stay rates available. Has an Irish pub that has long been known to serve Pattaya's best pint of Guinness (as well as its best-priced: 150 baht before 17:00). A good place to meet expats. Also serves excellent food and has daily drink specials. Rumoured to be frequented by the actor Colin Farrell when in need of a Guinness while on holiday. Pub open 09:00-02:00.</sleep>
- Chang Charlie Inn, Jomtien Beach Rd, Soi 8, ☎ +66 38 232446 ([email protected], fax: +66 38 232386), . Boutique hotel a couple blocks from the main stretch of Jomtien Beach. Beautiful rooms with a mixture of traditional Thai as well as colonial British-Indian décor and art. Great rates for what you are getting (private patio, flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi, etc.). 1,000-2,000 baht; 2-4 bedroom suites 2,500-6,000 baht. edit
- Jomtien Boathouse, 380/5-6 Jomtien Beach Rd, ☎ +66 38 756143 ([email protected], fax: +66 38 756144), . Centrally located 4-storey hotel faces across Jomtien Beach Rd to the sea. Rooms are a decent size with very pleasant décor and large beds. You have to climb the stairs for the best view, and bear in mind that the balcony rooms facing west get hot in the afternoons. Wi-Fi signal is best in the lobby and bar. 875-1,500 baht. edit
- Tui's Place (Tui's Place Guest House, Bar & Restaurant), 318/78 Thap Phraya Rd, Moo 12 (on Jomtien gay beach, 10 minute songthaew ride from Boyztown and Sunee Plaza), ☎ +66 38 251432, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Comfortable guest house rooms and features contemporary furnishings. Each room comes with a private bathroom, balcony, cable TV, complimentary reliable Wi-Fi, in-room safes and more. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and laundry service. Less than 30-seconds from the beach and the only guest house located right on Pattaya's gay beach. Bar serves a full menu of drinks, including coffee, fruit smoothies, soft drinks, beer, cocktails and wine in its terrace restaurant. Room rates vary, depending on type and season. Prices start at 1,200 baht up to 2,100 baht. (12.900861,100.864762) edit
- Dental Café, 306/57 Moo 12 Thappraya Rd, ☎ +66 38 364663. Daily 10:00-20:00. Delightful reception area and café edit
- Jomtien Post Office, Jomtien Beach Soi 5, ☎ +66 38 231944. edit
|This article contains content that was once found at Pattaya. View that page's revision history for the list of authors.