Johnstown is located in Pennsylvania.
Main access from points east is the Johnstown Expressway (PA Route 56), which turns into a surface street as it reaches downtown.
Amtrak's Pennsylvanian offers twice daily service from Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and New York. The Johnstown-Cambria County airport, just to the east of the city, offers scheduled daily air service to and from Washington, DC (IAD).
- The World's Steepest Vehicular Inclined Plane
- Johnstown Flood National Memorial
- The Point
- Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St. Downtown Johnstown, . Part of the Johnstown Area Heritage Association. Tells the story of the Great 1889 Johnstown Flood, with small exhibits of photos featuring the other 2 major floods. edit
- Heritage Discovery Center, 6th and Broad Sts. Johnstown's Cambria City Neighborhood, . Part of Johnstown Area Heritage Association. Museum tells story of immigrants life in Johnstown, also features Johnstown Children's Museum, and special Iron and Steel exhibit. edit
Gallitzin State Forest Hike the Bog and Boulder Trail within the state forest. This footpath follows a series of boardwalks around a rare upland bog, which features an array of plants specalized for living in the harsh conditions. Trailhead is on Clear Shade Road east of Windber on PA Route 56.
- Gobs, many local eateries throughout town. a true Johnstown dessert tradition. edit
Szechuan Chinese Restaurant - 124 Main St. - Incredible Chinese food. Reasonable prices, great atmosphere, incredible attention to customers. The owner, Sam, is a trip.
- Coney Island Lunch, 127 Clinton St. Downtown Johnstown, . very good hot dogs, also has a Johnstown delicacy called the sundowner edit
As of 2017, both the Szechuan and Coney Island have been closed.
- Comfort Inn
- Super 8 Motel
- Holiday Inn Johnstown. Prominently visible in the middle of downtown. Walking distance to all points of interest. Indoor pool with retractable roof. Also they are pet-friendly and allow dogs. edit
- Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site, 110 Federal Park Road, Gallitzin, ☎ +1 814 886-6150 (fax: +1 814 884-0206), . Daily except Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, December 25, January 1, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and Presidents Day. Hours vary seasonally. 28 miles northeast. $4.00, under 16: free. edit