Jiangmen is a city in Guangdong Province, just west of Zhuhai.
Jiangmen consists of three urban districts:
- Pengjiang District (蓬江区)
- Jianghai District (江海区)
- Xinhui District (新會区)
Furthermore, Jiangmen has jurisdiction over four county-level cities
- Taishan (台山) - small and beautiful city, ancestral home of many Chinese Americans, 140 kilometers west of Hong Kong
- Kaiping (开平) - cantonese Hoi ping, ancestral home of many Chinese Canadians and Chinese Americans
- Enping (恩平)
- Heshan (鹤山)
The Zhuhai-Guangzhou intercity rail started operations in 2011 with 2 stations in Jiangmen. Trains run at top speeds of 125mph-150mph. 20% of the trains are express trains that skip stations for even faster transit time.
- Jiangmen currently has 2 stations (Jiangmen and Xinhui) on the east-west spur line. From Guangzhou, Shunde, Foshan and the northern towns of Zhongshan, you can take a spur line train. The cost from Guangzhou to Xinhui is ¥30 and the trip takes 40 minutes.
- The main north-south line is still under construction. From northern Zhuhai and central/south Zhongshan stations, take a main line train to Xiaolan station and transfer to a spur line train. Note Zhuhai stations are still under construction so it will take a 30min bus ride from Macau Gongbei border crossing. Timetable for extension from Macau border crossings (both Gongbei and Hengqin) and Zhuhai Airport is currently unknown.
- When you want to visit Jiangmen from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, you can take Intercity Bus to there. And the beginning time from Baiyun Airport is 08:50 am(beijing time).
There are buses from the nearby towns Zhuhai and Zhongshan or provincial capital Guangzhou.
CKS  runs a daily ferry connection with Macau.
- Kaiping Watchtowers (开平碉楼). Kaiping Watchtowers was founded in the early Qing Dynasty, a lot of construction in the 1920s and 1930s, currently surviving 1466. These towers is the old overseas Chinese in Guangdong as a defensive bandits, the financing of overseas Chinese to return home construction. edit
- Tea Hut Park (茶庵公园). Jiangmen suburb of tea Um temple is a famous places of historic interest and scenic beauty, is located outside the town of Ma Yu Jianghai sea video foothills, away from the urban area about ten km, is a beautiful scenery good place. edit
- Aofong Hill (鳌峰山). Ao mountain tourist area in Enping District of Beijiao, is150 meters, majestic mountains, pine as the sea. Known as the ancient stone mountain, the Ming Dynasty had" Shi Shensong green" is listed as one of Enping eight edit
- Kawashima style (川岛风情). Kawashima is located in the city of Taishan Kawashima Town, sea ( Island )222.32 km long coastline, the island many beautiful mountain scenery, singular attractive. Among the most scenic island is possible and Kawashima, two island across the sea. edit
- Mei Courtyard (梅家大院). Mei Courtyard compound (i.e. Tingjiang River dike Overseas Construction Group ) is located in the town of Datong River Fen side, in 1931 by local plum surname Chinese and their relatives Qiaozhu to create. edit
- Fortuna Spa Resort (富都温泉度假村). The resort is located in the town HOH has the high yield rice demonstration area, production Taishan specialty Duhu rice, fresh and delicious, famed, Duhu town picturesque scenery, old times. Hot spring is in this castle show the water out of the ground, spa crystal clear water, salty, is a pure natural sea salt water hot springs, without any industrial pollution. edit
- The new citrus. The new Chenpi gets, the more clearly the incense, taste is more pure, the effect is better, the article is more high, known as the" hundred years of Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae wins gold"," the thousand year ginseng, hundred years tangerine peel". It is the Qing court tribute, Guangdong ten medicinal herbs in one," Guangdong Sambo" ( orange, ginger, straw ) in the first, called the hometown of overseas Chinese. edit
As mentioned in the Stay safe section of wikitravel China, rabies kills 2000 people every year in China. While that statistically is only 0.000001429% of a population of 1.4 billion, sensible precautions should be taken. See this page . Jiangmen made international news due to a public outcry in 2011. Authorities in Jiangmen announced a ban on pet dogs after 42 people died from rabies in Jiangmen in the previous 3 years.