Jaworzno (Ya-vozh-noh) is a mountainous city in Silesian Voivodeship, on the border with Lesser Poland.
Jaworzno is located in a halfway between Katowice and Kraków airports.
There're buses from Kraków and Katowice. International buses from Berlin, Munich, Brno,Prague, Ostrava and Vienna also stop in Jaworzno. You can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
Jaworzno Szczakowa station offers dirrect connectiosn with Kraków and Katowice.
Jaworzno is located on A4 motorway and DK79.
- Kamieniołom Koparki. A former stone-pit with beautiful lake and diving center.
- Geosfera. A geopark in other stone-pit.
- City center. A nice city center and market place
- Saint Adalbert collegiate. A contemporary church near the market place with the Polish biggest stain glass. There's a miraculous picture of Our Lady of Passau. Main holidays're celebrated 24th April and 25th November.
- Labor Camp Memorial. A place commemorating German Nazi (1943-45) and then (1945-56) Stalinist labor camp. The memorial is located in near Kolonia Ryszarda street in the forest.
- Gothic City walls. City walls ruins located in Byczyna District
- Zalew Tarka.An artificial lake with abandoned resort, now it's a place of nature walks.
- Dolina Żabnika natural reserve. A beautiful natural reserve near Zalew Sosina. Many rare plants and animal species use to live there.
- Zalew Łęg. A group of artificial lakes in beautiful scenery.
- City Museum. Located on Pocztowa 5 street. There's a historical and ethnographic exhibition
- Jewish Cemetery. Located on Józef Piłsudzki Alley near Saint Barbara church.
- Równa Góra chapel. A chapel in the place where Kosciusko Uprising insurgents use to gather.
- Polish Aviators Park. A lovely park on Osiedle Stałe
- Dobra-Wilkoszyn. A protected area with sulfur springs and rare plants.
- Well in Jeleń district. A 17 century well in the district's center
- Sacred Heart Church. An interwar period church located on Kościelna street. There're beautiful polychromies and stain glasses. There's also a great view point.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help church. A beautiful church on ks.Andrzej Mroczek street with beautiful interior and miraculous Our Lady of Perpetual Help painting's copy.
- Holy Cross church. A church in Jeleń district, in Zwycięstwa street, with 17 century origins.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Sanctuary (Katowicka street 6). A contemporary church and place of miraculous Our Lady of Perpetual Help picture. The main patron saint day is 27th of June.
- Saint Brother Albert church (Przemysłowa street 3). A castle-like church in the woods with beautiful stain glasses.
- Saint Elizabeth the Hungarian church (Sobieski street 1) A neogothic church from beginning of 20 century with beautiful interior.
- Pagóry Jaworznickie. Not high mountains in Jaworzno. The biggest ones are: Góra Grodzisko, Celinowe Górki. Glinna Góra, Góra Bielana, Góra Chrzanowska, Koniówki, Korzeniec, Łazy, Pańska Góra, Pietruszowa, Przygoń, Równa Góra, Ruda Góra, Rudna Góra, Sodowa Góra, Staberek and Wielkanoc. Góra Grodzisko region's inhabited by rare european hamster
- Kozi Bród stream. A small but lovely stream near Żabnik Valley Natural Reserve.
- Góra Grodzisko. High forested hill famous by European hamsters inhabiting nearby
Zalew Sosina offers public beaches as well as boat, canoe or water bikes rentals. Pagóry Jaworznickie are ideal for hikers. Biała Przemsza river is ideal for canoeing but the trail is suitable for more experienced people. There're many and trails in Jaworzno.
- hotel Brojan, Paderewskiego 43. edit A hotel in the city center, restaurant, spa, rooms with free WIFI
- Wodnik, Bukowska 10. edit A B&B on Zalew Sosina, restaurant, barbecue place, rooms with balconies, accommodation bungalows also available
- hotel Pańska Góra, Krakowska 1. edit A splurge hotel with spa and excellent restaurant, indoor swimming pool, rooms with free wifi
- Aqua hotel, Kpt. Karola Pniaka 2. edit Hotel with garden and good restaurant
- Greyhouse, Energetyków 12. edit Guest rooms with TV and free WIFI
- Dom EL III, Energetyków 16. edit Guest rooms with free WiFI
- Dalia, Grunwaldzka 285. edit Guest rooms with WiFI
- OWR Sosina, Bukowska 12. edit Resort on Zalew Sosina with bungalows, tent and camper places, canoe and water bikes rentals.