Jalgaon is a city in North Maharashtra in India. It is mostly famous for its gold, bananas, cotton, temperature in Summer (47 Deg.Celcius!!), Industries.
Jalgaon is well-connected to Mumbai and Pune and other major cities by road, especially highways. There are private buses daily plying between Pune and Jalgaon. Most trains between Mumbai and Kolkata going via Nagpur stop at Jalgaon. Further, Central Railways' major hub Bhusawal is only 19 kms from Jalgaon. All trains stop at Bhusawal that pass through this route. Further, Jalgaon is a branching (junction) station for going to or coming from Surat.
You can even book tickets for Jalgaon from Pune online. Indian Railways' official ticket booking site is www.irctc.co.in.
- Manudevi in monsoon.
- Tarsod Ganpati
- Mehrun Udyan and Lake
- Omkareshwar and Venkateshwara Temple
- Ajanta caves (50Km south of jalgaon)
- Patna Devi (good for trekking & forest walks)
- Ardi is small village in Amalner taluka. it is very near from taluka place hardly (12 kms). in this village there is main door to the village on that door there is symbol of Ashok chakra or whta we see normally on Government offices or on court. It is said that one of the good political leader from that village brought it and placed it the main door. as we know that villages are now changing very fast but this village is still remained same. though the facilities are changing but culture is still same. here we can enjoy Yatra (fair) in the month of Shravan. Local artists perform some comic Dramas.
- Aryan Park. Boating, You can see rabbit, ostrich, sunflower garden. (,8km) edit
- North Maharashtra University. edit
- MEHERUN LAKE. enjoy evening walk on meherun lake edit
- Pal (hardly 50-60 kms from jalgaon). very pleasent place to visit in monsoon edit
- Gandhi Teerth (Gandhi Research Foundation), Jain Hills, Shirsoli Road, ☎ +91 257-2260033, . Tuesday to Sunday- 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Gandhi Teerth, a uniquely conceived and magnificently built museum, is a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s values and India’s essence in the global community. Promoted by Gandhi Research Foundation, it is the largest museum in the world based on the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi. Located in a small Indian town (Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India) and surrounded by a vast green landscape, the Gandhi Teerth makes for the perfect destination to explore India’s rich cultural and natural heritage. Gandhi Teerth is a thematic, state-of-art, interactive multimedia museum aimed at inspiring the minds of today. Moreover, it is audio-guided with English, Hindi and Marathi language options. The GRF provides an opportunity to anyone and everyone wanting to research, study, enjoy, and experience everything Gandhi and Indian in a modern yet peaceful-environment. The GRF, a Non-Profit Organization, also provides clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation. starts from Rs. 100. edit
- Electronics, Golani market. edit
- gandhi dham (jain hills). very beautiful museum must visit edit
Jalgaon is famous for its GOLD showrooms,few biggest gold ornaments showrooms are located in Jalgoan.
purity of gold is an specialty of all biggest showrooms like RL RC BAFNA & MAHAVIR JEWELER
- There are many roadside stalls serving local soda, ice cream and kulfis.
- Bharit - Don't miss the baingan ka bharta which is called bharit in local language (Marathi). It is a spicy dish made from peculiar big light green colored brinjal (aubergine / eggplant) which are available exclusively in this region of Maharashtra. The bringals are huge & one might weigh from 1 to 1-1/2 KG ! Krishna Bharit restaurant is especially very popular destination for Bharit lovers all over the region, People come from all corners of maharashtra to indulge in the test of bharit.
There are a number of affordable hotels just outside the Railway Station premises in the price range of Rs. 200/- ( US $ 4.00)
Hotel Ajanta, Jalgaon is in the city centre and close to the railway station and bus stand. It offers comfortable facilities and is a good place for tourists looking to explore Ajanta and Ellora as it is on the way to the caves.
Hotel Royal Palace is also good though far, around 3 km from railway station (rs 20/- by auto rikshaw)& 1 km (rs 15/- by auto rikshaw)from Bus Stand