Jalandhar is a city in Punjab, India.
Travel options from Delhi include train and road travel. Jalandhar is well connected by trains, including a Shatabdi train from Delhi to Amritsar via Jalandhar which runs twice a day with air-conditioned chair car coaches. Jammu Mail, among others, runs in the night from Delhi to Jalandhar.
Apart from trains, Jalandhar is easy accessible by buses plying from all over the North India. There are many interstate buses connecting Jalandhar to the major towns of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Delhi and Rajasthan.
Jalandhar is well connected to all the major cities in Punjab by Public and Private buses. There are private buses connecting Jalandhar to the towns in other states but generally they don't have the legal permits and take much time compared to state owned buses. However, they can be comfortable compared to state buses depending upon the bus operator. There are air conditioned buses also which generally have valid permits.
There is no airport in Jalandhar but the nearest airport is in Amritsar at a distance of 100 km (90 mins). There are many airlines operating from Amritsar airport connecting it to Europe, North Ameica and Middle east. However the transport system connecting Airport to Jalandhar is poor, so it is advisable to book a taxi before you arrive.
- Rickshaw (pedicab)
- "Ola" & "Uber"
- It's one of the Shakti Peeth & very old shrine.
- Attend Baba Sodal Festival - Devi Talab Mandir
- Bowling - Prithvi's Planet
- Water rides - Wonderland
- Sports goods - Jalandhar is famous for its sports goods.
- Traditional Clothes - salwar suits, sarees etc. at Sheikhan bazaar.
For non branded - There are lot of local jewellers at phoolan waala chowk.
For branded - Nakshatra, Tanishq etc are located in Model Town market.
- Bombay Jewellers, Model Town Road (Adj. Hotel Skylark), ☎ 0181-2233811. 11AM-7PM. Gold and diamond jewellery. edit
|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
This place offers a variety of delicious authentic punjabi food.
Some of the "must-eat" dishes:
-Makki di roti and sarson da saag
-Aloo ka paratha
- Vijay Dhaba - This is one of the famous dhabas known for fresh food (like home-cooked) and affordable prices. "Shahi Paneer" and "Kheer" is definitely a must try.
- Lucky Vaishno Dhaba -One of the best budget Dhabha's with the authentic vaishno food. Known for its special Aaloo ka Parantha and Lassi.3kms from Rama Mandi Chowk. 7 kms from Bus Stand.
- Radhey Radhey - A place for pure vegetarian food with autehntic ingredients like Ghee,etc. 3kms from Rama Mandi Chowk.
- Havelli - One of the best places to eat typical Punjabi food. It hosts variety of snack stalls as well. 3kms from Rama Mandi Chowk.
- Rangla Punjab - The Punjabi village setting makes it one of the favorite places of everyone who visits this city. It models village houses, wells etc. It offers buffet in a typical Punjabi village home setting. The hospitality offered here reflects the open and loving hearts of Punjabi people. One can get tired of eating but the food will not stop coming. It also hosts a number of shops where you can buy the Punjabi jutis (slippers), clothes, bangles etc. On weekends, cultural performances by singers and dancing groups is offered. Definitely a "must" visit place. 3kms from Rama Mandi Chowk.
- Puris Chana and Halwa Kat Lamba at Jaggu Chowk
- Pahadganj Chana Bhature
- Kulfi at Pahwa
- Chana Kulcha at Dina Nath opposite DAV college
- Radisson - 3 Kms from Bus Stand.
- Sekhon Grand- 3 Kms from Bus Stand.
- President- 2 Kms from Bus Stand.
- Billa Kulfi corner (Kulfi and faluda rabri), Attari bazar & adarsh chopati, ☎ 9988271144. This is one of the famous Kulfi corner known for Kulfi and faluda rabri and affordable prices."milk badam" and "kesar milk " is definitely a must try.u will get happy edit
- Cheers Bar, BMC chowk (It's opposite the Radisson hotel), ☎ (0181) 5074617. A really comfortable bar. A pitcher of beer costs Rs. 200/- edit
- Hotel Classic , Football chowk
- Hotel raddisson, bmc chowk
- Hotel country inn, gt road
Hotel Best Western BSF Chowk Jalandhar