Inglewood is a city in Los Angeles County in Southern California.
While Inglewood is not served by any major Interstate, U.S or California Highway Route, the city is served by axillary Interstates. Interstate 405, which is near the LAX, is always busy. Interstate 105 and 110, although less busy, are still pretty clogged with traffic. The California State Highway Route 90, while does not directly go to Inglewood, is near the city. Although it might take a longer time, if the traveler wants less traffic to deal with, they may want to take the California State Highway Route 90, then take West Slauson Avenue, then turning to South La Cienega Boulevard and then turning at West Manchester Boulevard.
While although Inglewood doesn't have its own airport, there are many major airports that surround Inglewood, it gives it the motto "Harbor of the Air". The LAX is the major airport that mainly serves flights to Inglewood. The Hawthorne Municipal Airport is just south of the city. The Compton Woodley, Santa Monica and Long Beach Airports are also nearby.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Hawthorne Municipal Airport
- Santa Monica Municipal Airport
There are many Car Rental shops in Inglewood, especially near LAX. This is probably one of your fastest ways of getting in and around Inglewood.
There are various buses and bus stations around Inglewood. Many of these stop at main tourist destinations and restaurants, such as Randy's and The Forum.
There isn't much to see in Inglewood. The city is mainly just single-family homes and apartments, although there are a few nice parks and the famous Los Angeles Forum.
- Inglewood Park Cemetery, 720 E Florence Ave, ☎ (310) 412-6500 , . 8:30 a.m - 5:00 p.m. One of the oldest cemeteries in the Los Angeles area. Has some beautiful chapels. edit
- The Los Angeles Forum, 3900 West Manchester Boulevard, ☎ (310) 330-7300 , . The famous dome in Inglewood. It is no longer used by professional sports teams as they moved to the new Staples Center, but the stadium still holds concerts, so look out for that. The stadium, from 2000 to 2009, was used for church services. Very rarely, the Lakers will play a pre-season game here. edit
- L.A. Forum Concert, 3900 West Manchester Boulevard, ☎ (310) 330-7300 , . Look out for concerts, as there are some bands that do play in the L.A. Forum. edit
- Centinela Park, 700 Warren Lane, ☎ (310) 412-5370 . Take a stroll around this beautiful and large park. The park offers a public swimming pool and has a nice amazing view. edit
- Crenshaw Imperial Shopping Center, 3130 West 111th Place, ☎ (310) 677-3014 . edit
- Inglewood Wholesale Elec Co, 923 South Prairie Avenue, ☎ (310) 673-4400 . edit
As Inglewood is mainly suburban and has low tourism, most restaurants are fast food restaurants (such as McDonald's, KFC, Subway, etc). However, Inglewood has some of its distinct and well known famous eateries.
Randy's Donuts, an LA landmark
- Randy's Donuts, 805 W Manchester Blvd, ☎ +1 310 645-4707, . Open 24/7. Home of the "Big Donut", Randy's is one of only 4 surviving "giant donuts" in the Los Angeles area. The donuts and coffee and other snacks are pretty cheap yet also tasty, so you shouldn't have much problem on finding something you like. The store has gone as far as to give worldwide deliveries of their donuts. This drive-thru shop is shaped like a giant donut and is visible from the 405 freeway. 70¢-1$. edit
- Lee's Caribbean Restaurant, 1041 S Prairie Ave. Near Toni's, this traditional Caribbean restaurant has some pretty good chicken. The service may be a little slow, but it's worth it. edit
- Fiesta Martin Bar & Grill, 300 E Florence Ave, . Another very good Mexican cuisine restaurant. Service is pretty fast and friendly, and the prices are very reasonable and the food is of good quality. edit
- Brolly Hut, 11205 Crenshaw Blvd, ☎ +1 310 674-2344, . 7:30am – 11:30pm. A local hamburger restaurant with some pretty good cheeseburgers and burritos. Probably Inglewood's 2nd best well known restaurant, just behind Randy's. If you're looking to indulge into some unhealthy food, this is your paradise. If you are health savvy, you're better off looking elsewhere. edit
- Toni's Soul Burgers, 1035 S Prairie Ave, . 11:30AM-7:30PM daily. Very good fast food restaurant. Makes some good burgers. This is a pretty busy restaurant, so expect to wait for a long time. However, it's worth the wait. edit
- Tortuga Bay, 147 W Manchester Blvd, ☎ +1 310 671-8000, . 9AM-7PM daily. One of the best Mexican restaurants in Inglewood. They serve some pretty good tortas and seafood. They also have some good burritos, tacos, and burgers. edit
- Stuff I Eat, 114 N Market St, ☎ +1 310 671-0115, . A completely vegan restaurant for those who have certain consumption beliefs or those watching weight. It's not cheap, but the food is fresh and healthy. edit
- Soul Food Kitchen, 202 E Manchester Blvd, ☎ +1 310 671-3345, . A very pricey restaurant in Inglewood, but serves 100% authentic soul and American Southern food. The restaurant tends to be moderately busy, which means the service is a little slow, but the food is very good. $16-25. edit
- The Green Horse, 1662 Centinela Ave, ☎ +1 310 649-6776, . 9PM-2AM daily. Probably Inglewood's most famous bar, with a distinctive "Green Horse" sign on top of the bar. This bar serves some great cocktails, beer and food, and also has some great music. edit
- Best Western Airpark Hotel, 640 W Manchester Blvd, ☎ +1 310 677-7378 (toll free: +1 800 233-8060, fax: +1 310 674-1137), . edit
- Best Western Airport Plaza Inn, 1730 Centinela Ave, ☎ +1 310 568-0071 (toll free: +1 800 233-8061, fax: +1 310 337-1919), . edit
- Comfort Inn and Suites, 4922 W Century Blvd, ☎ +1 310 671-7213, . edit
- Days Inn Los Angeles - Airport Center, 901 W Manchester Blvd, ☎ +1 310 649-0800, . edit
- Los Angeles / LAX Microtel Inn & Suites, 4751 W Century Blvd, ☎ +1 310 491-7000 (fax: +1 310 491-7001), . edit
- Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX, 5101 W Century Blvd, ☎ +1 310 419-1234 (fax: +1 310 677-7871), . edit
- Hollywood Park Motel, 823 S Prairie Ave, ☎ +1 310 673-1919. edit
Since the 1992 riots, the crime rate has been dropping, and also alongside with it murders. Contrary to misconceptions, Inglewood, although has a higher murder rate than the US national average, is the least likely crime to happen, and this murder average is only just because of its size and population (which is small). Rape is slightly higher than the national average. However, robbery and assault are extremely high, and are much more higher than the national average, which give it a higher crime rate than average. At day time, gang activity is low and police patrol the streets high. At night time, be careful of your surroundings and avoid anyone acting suspicious. Most crime happens in the central part of the city, and the outer suburbs have a lower crime rate. Be careful when in the central neighborhoods such as the areas surrounding Lennox Boulevard and Burl Avenue, 104th Street and Crenshaw Boulevard and the area between Van Ness Avenue and the Imperial Freeway. These are the areas that you will most likely encounter trouble.
- El Segundo - The home of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is located to the west of Inglewood.
- Hawthorne - Inglewood's more calm neighbor south of the city.
- Santa Monica - Famous for its beach and Ferris Wheel, Santa Monica is very close by.
- Ladera Heights - Small, quiet suburb with a good African American population and culture.