Hubli - Dharwad 
- population 9,40,000 (according 2011) - is a city in Karnataka State.
The twin cities of Hubli and Dharwad are actually two cities, unified by single Municipal Corporation. Hubli-Dharwad is the second biggest conurbation of Karnataka after Bangalore. Hubli has been renamed as as Hubballi on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee of formation of Karnataka state. The name Hubballi literally means "Hu" - flower and "Balli" - creeper in Kannada. In reality however, the city is a bustling trading centre of little scenic beauty. On the other hand Dharwad is a charming quaint town spread across seven little hills.
Hubli is the commercial centre and business hub of North Karnataka. It is also a noted industrial town. This historic town was known as Raya Hubli and also as Elaya Puravada Halli during the ancient times. This city metamorphosed into an important commercial centre for trade in cotton and iron during the reign of the Vijaynagara empire. The city is noted for its handloom textile units and has many cotton ginning and processing mills. Cotton and groundnuts (peanuts for the Americans) are grown aplenty in the surrounding rural areas, and Hubli serves as a major trading centre for both commodities. It is also an important city for the Indian Railways, being the headquarters for South Western Railway Zone and the Hubli Division. It also has a century-old railway wagon workshop.
Dharwad, on the contrary is the seat of learning with two universities, one of the country's premier technical institution (IIT)- Indian Institute of Technology, plenty of colleges and some very progressive schools. Hubli-Dharwad are also the renowned seat of Hindustani Music. Dharwad is also emerging as hub for Automobile industry with big plants like Tata Construction (TELCON) & Tata Motors.
Hubli Airport (IATA: HBX) is located 4km northwest of the city center. A taxi to/from the airport takes 20 minutes and costs ₹250, while a tuk-tuk/auto-rickshaw can take 20-25 minutes and costs around ₹100. As on December 2017, Air India  has started services connecting Hubli with Mumbai and Bangalore. Air India offers two direct flights to Bangalore daily and thrice a week direct flights to Mumbai. Air India offers daily connecting flights to Delhi, Ahmedabad and Rajkot along with other major cities across India.
Spicejet  connects Hubli to Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Jabalpur and Mangalore with daily direct flights. Spicejet also offers daily connecting flights to Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Patna and Pune.
Indigo offers daily direct flights from Hubli to Bangalore, Goa, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Hyderbad and Chennai.
With night-landing facilities being constructed at Hubli Airport, the traffic is expected to grow in the coming years.
Hubli is well connected to all major parts of India
- To Bangalore: InterCity Express (12726)(Departure at 6.20AM), Jan Shatabdi Express (2080)(Departure at 2.00PM), Rani Chennamma Express (6590), Hampi Express (16591), Golgumbaz Express (16536)
- To Mysore:Dharwad-Mysore Express (17302), Golgumbaz Express (16536), Hampi Express (16591), VishwaManav Express (17325)
- To Mumbai and Pune: LTT-Hubli Express (17318), Chalukya Express (11018), Sharavati Express (11036), LTT-Hubli Weekly Express (17322)
- To Delhi: Link/Goa Express (17305), Sampark Kranti (12629), Swarn Jayanthi(12781), YPR Sampark Kranti (22685)
- To Chennai: Hubli Chennai (17314), Vasco Chennai (17312)
- To Hyderabad: Amaravati Express (17226)/ (18048), Secundrabad Express (17319), Kolhapur Munguru Express(11304), Vasco Hyderabad Weekly Express (17022)
- To Varanasi: Hubli Varanasi Express (17323)
- To Gujarat and Rajasthan: Jodhpur Express (16508), Ajmer Express (16510), Garib Nawaz Express (16532), Gandhidham Express (16506), Udaipur-Mysore Humasafar (19668), SGNR Humsafar (22498), Barmer AC Express(14805)
- To Tamilnadu: SGNR Humsafar (22497), Velankanni Express (17315)
- To Kerala: Kochuveli Express (12777)
- To Goa: Hubli Vasco Link Express (06948)
- To Tirupati: Haripriya Express (17416), Hubli Tirupati Passenger (57273), Vasco Tirupati Weekly Express (17420)
Hubli is well connected to Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Mangalore,Mysore and Goa by bus, both by private carriers and the state owned KSRTC  and NWKRTC (North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation).
Some prominent private carriers are:
- VRL:  Offers Air conditioned Sleeper coaches and sitting to Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Mangalore
- Kamat: Offers Sleeper coaches and sitting to Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai
VOLVO buses being operated by many of the private and state carriers are much faster and comfortable than normal deluxe buses.
- There are various options available to travel within the city. There is a good suburban city bus service connecting various parts of Hubli and Dharwad. Local Rickshaws are also available,though you will have to bargain hard as they refuse to ply by the meter. To travel around one option would be to hire a local taxi from any of the travel agents. Another good option is to use a ride hailing mobile app like Ola Cabs or Uber. Of the two, Ola Cabs has better ride availability in the region.
- Siddharoodh Math 3km from Chennamma Circle on Karwar road.
- Nrupatunga Betta - promising panoramic view of the expanse of Hubli City- with in city, 5 km from Chennamma circle. Go for the sunset.
- Unkal Lake and the Bund Gardnen - 4 km from Hubli on Dharwad Road.
- Venkateshwara temple behind Nrupatunga Betta (hill) for calm and serenity. 5 km from Chennamma Circle.
- Chandramaulishwar Temple Centuries old sculptural masterpiece, 1 km from Unkal lake (via Sainagar circle) or 4 km from Chennamma circle (200mts from Unkal cross on Sai nagar Road.
- Gangubai Hanagal Memorial Musical Museum Deshpande Nagar. Open every sunday 10 to 6pm.
- Gayatri Tapovan- Near Tadasa, 21 Km on bangalore road.
- Glass House Garden walking distance from Chennamma circle.
- Water Park 9 km from Chennamma Circle on Karwar Road.
- Iskcon Akshaya Patra Rayapur, PB Road (Hubli-Dharwad Road) : 10kms from Chennama Circle. (Serves ~2lakh children around every day) Temple with Asia's largest community ktichen.
- Nuggikeri Hanuman Temple in Dharwad. 4 km from toll gate towards Kalghatagi on bypass.
- Utsav Rock Garden is situated at Gotgodi on NH4, 37kms from Hubli - Beautiful sculptural Garden.
- Center for introspection and enlightenment, (in Hirehonnalli, Kalghatgi, Dhawar and 1/2 hr from Hubli), . For creating material and spiritual wealth on this planet. Screens 'The Purpose of life.Connecting the dots.' and 'The American way. Connecting the dots'. edit
- Magoda Falls
- Satoda Falls
- Sogalla - Water Fall
- Hebballi Math
- Sai Mandir in Unkal
- Lord Shiva statue (Shankar Moorthi), Shiva Nagar, near Green Garden. edit
- ISKCON Temple, Hubli-Dharwad Rd. Krishna temple, really relaxing place. edit
- Shree Sai Mandir, Sai Nagar (Near Nrupatunga Betta). Beautiful place to visit. edit
- Dharwad Peda - a sweet cake made from milk and khoa. This sweet is world famous for its taste and purity. Defnite no miss if you visit Dharwad or Hubballi
- Big Bazaar - A shopping mall has recently openend on Gokul Road and one can find all the requried items here.
- M,G , market named as brodaway there as long as one kilometer long market & you can buy everything at very low price
- Vijay book centre, koppikar road (beside mangaldeep), ☎ 9342905801. Reliance Fresh -- Has its branch all over Hubli....... More. - A Aditya Birla group has its retail Out let all over Hubli & Dharwad....... other retail shops are Vijay book centre,Ambika Bazzar, Harsha, Pai, Giriyas, Pick N Pay, Smart etc... edit...
- Urban Oasis Mall, Gokul Road (Hubli), . House of over 100 brand names, Urban Oasis Mall is ready to go... The portfolio includes Retail, F&B, Restropub, Entertainment (Amusement & Gaming), Food Court (Over 8 kitchens and seating capacity of 300 pax), Movies (Cinepolis - Hubli's 1st International Multiplex - 5 screens with over 1150 capacity seating), a Hotel and parking of over 400 four wheelers and 200 two wheelers... edit
- Kushi Travels (Taxi in Hubli), Hubli, ☎ 0836-2355192, . Taxi in Hubli, Cabs in Hubli. Call: 0836-2355192, +919945599193, +919964199193 Email: [email protected] edit
- Jawar Rotti
- Badanikai Palya
- Red Chilli Chutney
- Biryani Paradise, Unkal Cross
- Ground Nut Powder etc
- New Bombay Hotel, Old Hubli
- Smoking Joes Pizzas
- Good North Indian and South Indian restuarants are in plenty
- Do visit the local KHANAVALIs (Kannada name of "Hotel")which provide authentic North Karnataka food, they are plenty and aptly priced around Rs.30 to Rs.50 per meals.
- "Girmit" at Ravi hotel,opposite unkal lake
- Canara Hotel, Hosur. One of the best hotels for delicious South and North Indian delicacy edit
- The Hans Hotel, PB Road, Vidyanagar (Opp BVB College), ☎ 08362374771, . At The Hans Hotel pamper your taste buds to the exotic tastes of good food. A wide range for you to choose from - authentic cuisines of Indian, Continental and Chinese. Also, a great lounge bar to set your spirits free. edit
- Gokul Veg Restaurant, Opp, New Busstand, Airport Road (Airport road, Opp new Busstand), ☎ 08364252557. 7am-10.30pm. It is a Multi Cuisine Vegetarian Restaurent, Situated exactly in front of New bus stand, Hubli. Visit and enjoy the Delicious food and atmosphere. 50-500. (15°21'21.9N,75°07'00.6E) edit
- Butter milk
- The juice shop opposite Janata Bazar sells juices
- Juice shop at Panjulri Hotel Opposite to Lamington School near Railway station serves juices.
- The juice of sugar cane all seson you can drink in all over hubli or dharwar,
- Abhiman hotel, Opp kims main gate (Vidhyanagar). Onion chicken,natti chicken,neer dosa,boiled shenga,g p dry,ring pakoda edit
- Nirmila Kitchen, Ashok Nagar (Near old railway gate), ☎ 9663860907. Specialist in North indian thalis and Prathas edit
- OMG Lounge, Poolside at The Hans Hotel, ☎ 08362374772, . 15:30 to 23:30. The OMG Lounge - an intimate & fashionable lounge bar is the first in genre of designer Food & Beverage outlets in the North Karnataka landscape. The OMG Lounge has been created to reflect an identity that is young , hip and trendy with a use of colors that are 'citrusy' vibrant and 'fresh OMG is a luxurious Lounge that offers great value to its discerning clientele. It combines international standards with a touch of Indian warmth and hospitality & presents a distinctive dining experience (15.369095,75.118825) edit
- Gokul Restaurant, Opposite New Busstand (Airport Road,), ☎ 08364252557, . 07 to 22.30. It is a Multi Cuisine Vegetarian Restaurent, Situated exactly in front of New bus stand, Hubli. Visit and enjoy the Delicious food and atmosphere 50 onwards. edit
- Hotel Taj Gateway, Unkal, P.B.Road.
- Hotel Hans, Vidyanagar, P.B.Road.
- Hotel Clarks Inn, Gokul Road.
- Travel Inn, Sattur, Dharwad (Beside SDM Dental College)
- Kamat Yatri Nivas, Sattur,(Near SDM Medical college)Dharwad Road.
- Hotel Hoysala, P.B. Road, Dharwad
- Mandar ResidencyCollege Road, Dharwad
- The Niyaz, P.B Road, Opp Government Polytechnic College, Hubli (near hosur Bus Depost), ☎ +918362371744, . Navallur, P.B Rd. edit
- Hotel Ashray, PB Road, Traffic Island, Hubli (In the heart of city (Traffic Island) on PB Road), ☎ 0836- 2261259. Well maintained, clean and reasonable business Hotel edit
- The Hans Hotel, PB Road, Vidyanagar Hubli (Opp BVB College of Engg), ☎ 08362374771, . checkin: 24 hours; checkout: 24 hours. The Hans Hotel is a modern business class property that offers convenient access to all the important commercial and business centers of the city, as well as to the popular educational and shopping centers. With its range of modern conveniences and personalized services, the hotel caters to the requirements of business travelers who are looking for a comfortable place to stay & discuss business 2000. (15.369095,75.118825) edit
- The Noyaz, P.B Road, Opp Government Polytechnic College, Hubli (near hosur Bus Depost), ☎ +918362371744, . Multi-cuisine veg & non–veg restaurant A/C FAMILY SECTION in vidyanagar Hubli that offers mouth watering Biryanis and tandoori Itemns, Don't Miss this spot. edit
Hubli has all the necessary infrastucture to emerge as an ideal base for exploring North Karnataka historical places. It serves as the best pit stop for tourists visiting the world heritage monuments of Vijayanagar at Hampi, the Chalukyan temples at Aihole, Badami and Pattadakal and the Kadamba temples at Banavasi. Dandeli Wild Life sanctuary, which offers river rafting in Kali river and one of India's highest waterfalls at Jog Falls are also located nearby. Also not to miss are the Tibetan Monasteries and temples in Mundgod. A little bit of state support and plenty of private initiative (which is yet to manifest)can pitchfork Hubli as an important base centre for tourism.
- Hampi - UNESCO World heritage monuments of Vijayanagar. Buses and trains, including overnight trains for Hospete, leave several times a day. Distance 150 Kilometers.
- Pattadakal, Badami and Aihole - UNESCO World heritage monuments, Cradle of the temple architecture, Rock cut caves, temples. Can be reached via a 2.5 hour train or bus ride. Distance 125 Kilometers.
- Dandeli - Dandeli Wild Life Sanctuary, River rafting, Kayaking, Jungle resorts and Forest camps. Distance 70 Kilometers.
- Goa - Beaches. Head out with daily trains and buses to Madgaon, Vasco and Panjim. Distance 200 Kilometers.
- The city has an advantageous location being surrounded by a number of important historical and mythological places within a radius of about 200 km. There are important tourist and historical places such as Ghataprabha, Gokak Falls, Soundati Yellamma Temple, Kittur, Badami, Pattadkal, Aihole, Kudalasangam, Bijapur, Bagewadi, Basavakalyan on northern side, on the western and southern sides there are Dandeli, Port-town of Karwar, Gokarn, Magod falls, Ulavi, Banavasi, Jog-falls, Shimoga and Bhadravathi, Laxmeshwar and Tungabhadra Dam and on eastern side Hampi, Lakkundi and Mantralaya.