EaDo (short for "East Downtown") and East End are two historic districts located just east of downtown Houston.
- Houston Ship Channel Boat Tour, . 10:30 and 2:30 Tu, We, Fr, Sa, 2:30 Th and Su.. See one of the busiest ports in the world. Advance reservations required. Free, reservations required.. edit
- The Orange Show, 2401 Munger St, ☎ (713) 926-6368. USPS postal worker Jeff McKissack built a maze-like monument of balconies, walkways and arenas to his favorite fruit, the orange. 5.00. edit
- Kanomwan, 736 1/2 Telephone Rd, ☎ 713-923-4236. Wonderful Thai restaurant in historic 3rd Ward; home of the "Thai Nazi" (a la "Seinfeld"). edit
- Kim Son, 2001 Jefferson, ☎ (713) 222-2461, . One of Houston's best Vietnamese restaurants. They also serve a wide variety of Chinese dishes as well such as dim sum, and they have several other locations in town. edit
- Andes Cafe, 2311 Canal St Ste 104, ☎ (832) 659-0063, . Restaurant serving cuisine from Venezuela, Colombia, and Peru. They also have Tango nights on Thursdays. edit
- Mercedes Mexican Food, 3326 Canal St.. A very good Mexican take out restaurant located inside a Texaco gas station. Be sure to try the red-chile enchilada stuffed with stout picadillo, edit
- Antojitos Salvedorenos, 1011 Telephone Rd, ☎ (713) 924-6995. 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. This no-frills spot offers some of Houston's best Salvadoran food at low prices. Spanish is helpful, but not necessary. edit
- Super Happy Fun Land  is Houston's venue for experimental electronic music, underground jazz, and outsider art!
- Moon Tower Inn, 3004 Canal St, ☎ (832) 266-0105. 6pm-2am. Dive bar located in Houston's East End known for their hot dogs and burgers. edit
- Voodoo Queen, 322 Milby St, ☎ (713) 555-5666. 6pm-2am. Dive bar located in Houston's East End. They have a jukebox on the side and tables throughout and they have a pretty big cocktail menu. edit
- Lucky's Pub, 801 St. Emanuel, ☎ (713) 522-2010, . This sports bar is quite large and offers plenty of room for you and a large group of friends to go and watch your favorite sporting events. Anytime a Houston team is playing, this place gets packed with fans. They have plenty of beer on tap. Their food is also not bad for a sports bar. edit
- Little Woodrows, 2019 Walker St., ☎ (713) 222-2224, . While the Little Woodrows name isn't new to the city (there are multiple Little Woodrows around the city with Big Woodrows aka the motheship being located in Uptown) it is new to this area of town and its opening marks the rebirth of this part of downtown. With a wide selection of beer and an excellent patio, this is a great place to go with friends to enjoy a cool autumn night. edit
- Arlo's Ballroom, 2119 Leeland St, ☎ (713) 489-1899, . 7 pm to 2 am. Hipster dance club in a renovated home. Drinks are cheap, and the DJ spins the best hits from the 80s, 90s, 00s and today. edit
- Around the Corner, 1510 Hutchins St., ☎ 346-444-6699, . 4 pm to 2 am. Trendy bar offering classic cocktails. The back patio sports an excellent view of the Houston skyline. edit
- D&W Lounge, 911 Milby St, ☎ (713) 226-8777. 7 am to 2 am. An East End staple since 1940, this no-frills dive bar features lava lamps, a deer head, vintage photos and cheap drinks. The bar opens at 7:00 am to catch employees of the nearby coffee plant. edit