Hopkins is a city in Stann Creek in Belize. It is a quiet, laid-back fishing village with a long white-sand beach.
Hopkins is located 5 miles east of the Southern Highway. If coming by bus, you have three options to get into town. The first is take either the 10:30am or 5:15pm bus from Dangriga. The second is to take the bus to take the James bus that runs between Punta Gorda and Dangriga, tell the guy to let you off at Hopkins. Then start walking and try to hitch a ride into town, most likely on a truck. The last is to take an expensive cab from Dangriga.
Shuttles can pick you up at the airport, or most any other spot, and transfer you much quicker and with much more ease:
- BZ Belize Shuttle On both side of the village are some amazing Resort, your driver will safely shuttle you to or from the village or these resort like: Almond Beach, Jaguar, Jungle Genie.
- Hopkins Shuttle Service an easy way of getting to and from Hopkins, Shuttle can be done on your time. Shuttle is Reliable and on-time for transfer at Any Resort or Hotel.
- San Ignacio Shuttle Service Operated by Sergio Paiz, runs to all major shuttle destination in Belize, Located on Burns Ave, San Ignacio Town.
- Valdez Shuttle Belize provides shuttle service from the Belize International Airport, Belize City Water Taxi, or San Ignacio town to Hopkins Village. Providing a door to door transfer service to Hopkins at an economical cost.
- Hopkins Shuttle Due to the many reviewers of visitors who came to Belize, William's Shuttle Service remains the must trusted and reliable transportation provider to Hopkins and other destination in the country.
- The Muy'Ono Explorer offers transportation to Hopkins from the Philip W. S. Goldson International Airport in Belize City. Included are scenic stops through the jungle, drinks, and
- Rent a bike or be prepared to walk. The town is about 3 miles north to south, and about a quarter mile wide.
- Rent a motorbike that you can use within the village of Hopkins and also to visit the surrounding areas.
- On Weekends, watch traditional music at the drumming center. Tipping is mandatory, at $10Bz as of July 2007.
- LeBeha Drumming Center. Take drumming lessons.
- Diving at Glover's Atoll It's cheaper here than in other parts of Belize. This is also the cheapest place to get certification in Belize.
- Day trips to local parks and wildlife sanctuaries (Such as Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary) are possible. GReat for Hiking and swimming in Waterfalls or rent an innertube and flote down the river for an hour.
- A snorkeling operation run by local fishermen.
- Windsurfing and kayaking are also possible, e.g. at http://www.windsurfing-belize.com.
- At nearby Sittee River, there is excellent birdwatching and canoeing -- including guided night trips up Boom Creek.
- Marie Sharp's Tour, The factory for Marie Sharp's is just north of Dangriga off of the highway. A reasonable day trip from the town.
- Belize Fishing and Charters,. The only sports fishing charter operator in central and southern Belize. Belize Fishing and Charters provides world class fishing and cruising around and beyond the world's second longest barrier reef, home to one of the most diverse marine populations in the world. Explore deserted cayes, secluded beaches, untouched reefs, and virgin fishing areas. Enjoy 3, 4 and 5 day all-inclusive Belize adventure charters, as well as half and full day Belize fishing trips.
- Rent a Motorcycle for a day and visit one of the following: Mayflower National Park, Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve, Dangriga, Gales Point or Placencia or for overnight rentals for longer trips. Rentals possible at Motorbike Rentals & Motorbike Alternate Adventures 
- Belizeing Adventures Belizeing Adventure & Nature Travel offers inland tours with pickup in Hopkins. If you're seeking to do Archaeological Sites, Birding, or Caving in the rainforest of Belize from Hopkins you can count on Belizeing Adventure & Nature Travel.
- Belize Underwater SCUBA and Snorkeling is a PADI 5-star dive shop in the village offering a variety of SCUBA and snorkel excursions, as well as diving courses.
- Blue Horizon Fly Fishing is an Orvis endorsed fly and reef fishing guide service.
- Hopkins Bay Resort Tours include a private island excursion at Thatch Caye, Mayan Ruin tours, Ziplining, and more.
There is an internet cafe, grocery store, tire repair, gas station (which doubles as a liquor store)and a couple of art- and giftshops, like UNIQUE TREASURES at the northside of the village.
- A local dish called hudut is served here. It is a coconut milk based soup with onions, basil, whole snapper, and unknown ingredients. Mashed plantains are served on the side. It is eaten mid-day and is quite filling.
- Marva's, on the beach on the north side of town. Serves the Belizean standards. On Sundays, go in early to around 10AM and request Hudut or Tapado and it will be prepared in a couple of hours.
- Driftwood Pizza - handmade delicious pizza and bar made by locals. Ask the boys who sit out front to drum for you, they will drum and sing for over 10 minutes for a small tip. And for a special treat, ask them to dance to the drum beats. You won't ever want to leave.
- Innies - Local food at its best. Famous for the coconut crusted fish. Prices are reasonable (about $10 - $15 BZE) and atmosphere comfortable on a front paito.
- Thong's Cafe in the center of the village has great coffees, smoothies, fresh sandwiches, salads, pastas and more and is open for breakfast and lunch. Good spot for people watching and also always some good tunes in the background.
- The Rhum Shack, at Hopkins Bay, ☎ 501-533-7804 (toll free: 1-800-603-7610). edit serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Popular dishes include fry jacks or the snapper nachos and the bar is known for The World's Best Pina Colada.
- Windschief, on the beach, with hammocks and chairs. A bar run by expats. Good place to while away the afternoon.
- If dancing is desired, ask where the local Punta Rock Club is and embarrass yourself trying to dance like the locals.
- There are assorted local bars in town. Look at the Belikin signs.
- Hopkins Bay Resort, North End, Hopkins, ☎ "501-533-7804 (toll free: 1-800-603-7610, "[email protected]), . Ideally situated at the edge of Belize, on the Caribbean Sea, in the heart of the cozy Garifuna village of Hopkins Bay. This beach house style resort is oceanside with two pools and two on site restaurants. If you want the authentic experience in Belize, welcome home. edit
- LaBeha Drumming Center, on the north side of town. There are three rooms here. One with a single bed, one with two beds, and one with a private bath. The two with the shared bath were $30Bz a night. Hammocks and Book exchange. The drumming center is located on the property.
- Windschief - two rooms here, located on the beach. 
- Kismet Inn, on the extreme north side of town, worth the walk and offers free bikes and Wifi to guests, the sound of the water is the best for sleeping since place is on the beach. They have rooms or a full kitchen cabana that one can cook for themselves or have the owner Tricia make you some of the best food in all of Belize. She cooks in front of you for vegans, seafood lovers,and even meat lovers, her salads are huge, crispy, fresh and full of salad goodies. The homemade breads baked 2 times a day. The variety of vegetables are endless the sauce for her meals are unique and tasty the ingredients that are used are grown in her garden or from local venders. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are large. For more details contact their web site www.kismetinn.com
- There are a number of resorts to the far south of town. There are also assorted other guesthouses located throughout the town.
- Latitude 17° all units have modernly furnished open style kitchen/living room area. Kitchens are fully equipped and supermarket and vegetable stand is less than a minute walk away from the property, so why not try to experiencing cooking with some of the exciting tropical ingredients! Also, the highest structure in Hopkins with rooftop terrace with 360° view over the sea and mountains. Latitude 17° is located in the center of the village by Motorbike Rentals & Alternate Adventures. Ask for availability at the reception of the motorcycle rental place.
- Hamanasi Adventure & Dive Resort, (1 mile south of Hopkins Village), (toll free: 1.877.552.3483), . Upscale resort located on a beachside private nature reserve. Offers the largest dive operation in southern Belize and a variety of inland tours. Named 2009 Hotel of the Year by the Belize Tourism Board and winner of multiple service awards from Tripadvisor.com. edit
- All Seasons Guest House, Main Road (south end of Hopkins), ☎ +501 5237209, . Email: [email protected] Individual theme rooms (Jungle Room, Bamboo Room, Butterfly room and Orchid Room), beach appartments and cabana. Included for guests: bicycles, Wifi, Fridge, coffemaker, A/C, babeque pit and lush garden. High rating on Tripadvisor under Bed & Breakfast edit
- The Funky Dodo Backpackers Hostel, Hopkins village, Stann Creek Belize (Very close to king casava and larubea), ☎ 5016683852. checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. The funky dodo Backpackers Hostel is located right in centre of the original Garifuna village of Hopkins on the Caribbean coast of Belize. We offer comfortable budget accommodation in the spacious 14 bed dormitory in full size single bunk beds, free Wi-Fi, shaded outdoor chill out area with hammocks, well equipped kitchen free of use, new clean bathrooms and a laundry service. We also arrange any trip, adventure or tour you would like to go on commission free. Within a 30 second walk from the hostel there is The King casava bar and restaurant, internet cafe, the beach, and supermarket. A 5 minute walk will take you to several more bars, restaurants and shops. The village is known as the safest place in all of Belize. You can walk the streets anywhere in the village alone at any time of day or night without a single worry. The local crowd are a really friendly bunch of people and will smile and wave as you go by. 25BZD. edit
- Yu Ga Dah Inn, hopkins Village (opp Innies Restaurant). Very clean rooms at this family inn run by a extremely nice family (Rosie and her son Amil are very hospitable and willing to help in anyway). The rooms are basic but clean, the inn is quite small with only 4 rooms. But these are probably the best value rooms in town and in a great location - pretty much in the centre of town, close to the biggest supermarket, bars and restaurants. The private rooms with a double bed and share bathroom are $20 BZD. They also have a restaurant on site and the best local restaurant across the road called Innies restaurant. You can also get the bikes from downstairs for free if the kids aren't using them. Great place if you want clean rooms, value for money and a genuine local experience! 20 BZD. edit
Belize Vacations Sinsonte Beach Hotel. North Hopkins. Six private cabanas. Some with kitchenette. Prices from $30 BZ for a thatch cabana to $100 Bz for an upscale beach cabana with cable TV and kitchenette.
To the south of Hopkins are a couple of self-contained resorts, such as Hamanasi and Jaguar Reef. Some of these may be able to book you on tours or dives.
- A bus to Dangriga will come into town in the morning at 7AM and again at 2pm. Everyday except Sunday it makes doorstop pickups. If heading south, take this bus to the Southern Highway, and switch there. Check with your guesthouse if a similar bus to Punta Gorda comes into town.