Holyoke is a city in the Pioneer Valley in Massachusetts. It is a former mill city, which made a large chunk of the worlds paper. It has interesting architecture and is close to many attractions. It contains the Volleyball Hall of Fame and some of the largest former paper mills. If you visit, there are a number of things here and close by to entertain you.
Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, is the closest airport. Other nearby airports are Logan, in Boston and a few in Rhode Island. There is local bus service from Springfield (Massachusetts) and Northampton using Peter Pan bus lines.
There is train service into Springfield.
A car is preferable. There is bus service around Holyoke and the Valley, but it is sporadic.
Bus service info:
- Holyoke St. Patrick's Parade +1 413 533-1700, . The second largest St Patrick's Day Parade in the country!
- Volleyball Hall of Fame, 444 Dwight St, +1 413 536-0926, .
- Mt. Tom. 125 Reservation Rd, 413 534-1186  A great place to hike and explore. It used to host a ski slope and an amusement park. Now they are both overgrown.
- Open Square, 4 Open Square Way, . An ongoing project downtown.
- Wistariahurst Museum, 238 Cabot Street, .
- Nuestras Raíces, 24 Jones Ferry Road, . A farm in Holyoke where the residents work the land. A tradition of agriculture is carried on.
- Paper City Brewery, 108 Cabot Street, +1 413 535-1588 . Holyokes own micro-brew.
- The Canal Gallery, 380 Dwight St, +1 413 532-4141, .
- Wire Monkey Dance, +1 413 587-0077, .
- Holyoke Merry Go Round, 221 Appleton St, +1 413 538-9838, . This was saved from the old Mountain Park on Mt. Tom.
- Children's Museum at Holyoke, 444 Dwight St # 2, +1 413 536-5437, .
- Holyoke Sox, MacKenzie Stadium, .
- The Holyoke Mall, +1 413 536-1441, . One of the largest malls in New England. Mall Hours: Monday - Saturday 10am - 9:30pm | Sunday 11am - 6pm
- TnT Pizza, 548 South St, +1 413 536-1100. Delivery available.
- Delaney House, 3 Country Club Rd, +1 413 532-1800, . Fine dining.
- Nick's Nest, 1597 Northampton St, +1 413 532-5229. The hot dogs get rave reviews.
- Mel's Restaurant , 490 Pleasant St, +1 413 532-1476
- Strum's Deli, 502 Westfield Rd, +1 413 532-8020, . Sandwiches available for take out.
- Elizur's Pub, 874 Hampden St, +1 413 539-6504,
- Holiday Inn, 245 Whiting Farms Rd, +1 413 534-3311, .
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, 1 Country Club Road # B, +1 413 533-2100,  Has a 24 hour desk service. A/C, has 62 rooms and 6 floors. Breakfast room open seasonally.
- Super 8, 1515 Northampton Street, +1 413 536-1980, .
- Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North (Homewood Suites), 375 Whitney Avenue, Holyoke, MA 01040, ☎ 413-532-3100, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 12:00PM. The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Holyoke/Springfield North is located just north of Springfield, Massachusetts, off I-91, with convenient access to the Massachusetts turnpike and local attractions and restaurants. This summer, enjoy the comforts of home at the best Six Flags New England hotel. Also, we’re right near The Big E and all the fun it brings! Hotel features full kitchens, suites, complimentary breakfast, dinner and drinks (Monday - Thursday), fitness center, whirlpool, indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and outdoor patio with barbecues. (42.167727,-72.645507) edit
- 6 Flags, 1623 Main Street, +1 413 786-9300, . Very close to Holyoke. They have a waterpark.
- Northampton. A neat place to visit while you're in town.
- The Basketball Hall of Fame, West Columbus Av., Springfield, +1 877-446-6752, . M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 10AM-5PM. Along the Connecticut River, in a stunning (and quirky) steel structure. Adults $17, Seniors $14, Ages 5-5 $12.