Hillsboro is a city in the Portland Metropolitan Area.
Max light rail will bring you to the Orenco station stop for just a few dollars. Back to Portlands nightlife in about 30 minutes
Get in by road via Highway 26 west from Portland. Drivetime from Portland is roughly 20-30 minutes.
Hillsboro, which is less urbanized than Portland, has plenty of nature spots sprinkled throughout its districts and neighborhoods. The Tualatin Plains for instance offer great views of the Coastal Range, and are best enjoyed by bicycle.
- Rivals Fantasy Games, (Downtown on the E Main Street), . A great traditional geek store - board games, Magic, Munchkin! A great place. Although very lifeless when I was there, it seems like it has tourneys and D&D sessions. Varies. edit
- Costco, ☎ (503) 681-2800. Wholesale with bulk food at cheap prices. Also equipped with a gas station, optical center and food court. edit
- Amelia's Restaurant, 105 NE 4th Ave Hillsboro, OR 97124, . Very good steak, freshly made tortillas, and really good overall food and service. 10$. edit
- Merchant of Venice (the merch!). Great Bar, great food, great fun edit
- '''The Orenco''' (Orenco Manor), 1457 NE Orenco Station Pkwy (From Portland Intl Airport take I-205 South to I-84W. Follow I-5 South. Take I-405 North to HWY 26 West. Take HWY 26 West to Exit 62A (Cornelius Pass Rd.) Turn right heading South. Turn right on Evergreen Parkway. Turn left on 229thAvenue. Turn right on Brighton Street and follow Brighton St. to NE Orenco Station Parkway. Turn left on NE Orenco Station Parkway. The Orenco are on your immediate right in the Boston styled Brownstones second door from the end, closest to the park. The main entrance is between the USA and Oregon flags on the west side of the street.), ☎ 1-888-503-7094, . checkin: 3:00; checkout: 12:00. edit
- Larkspur Landing Hillsboro, 3133 N.E. Shute Road, ☎ 503.681.2121, . Hotel offers free shuttle service and grocery shopping service. Rooms come with full kitchen and there is a weekly Social Hour. edit