Havelock North is a town in the Hawkes Bay region on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island.
Havelock North is a 'suburb' of Hastings, but the locals consider themselves separate. It strives to maintain a 'village' feel about the town despite its size.
- A variety of turnoffs from the main highway through Hastings.
- The views from the top of Te Mata Peak are spectacular, but the road up is poorly marked. Ask any of the friendly 'villagers' how to get up there.
- The half a dozen or so really close winerys.
- Havelock North has many privately owned upmarket stores and is the "trendy" place to go shopping in Hawkes Bay, besides Napier.
- Diva and Loading Ramp are the trendiest places to go clubbing.
There are a few hotels, but the majority are in Hastings
- Havelock North Motor Lodge, 7 Havelock Road (Near the middle of town.), ☎ +64 6 877 8627 (, [email protected], fax: +64 6 877 8144), . Studios, 1 & 2 Bedroom units, 2 access units. Sky TV, Spa baths, Wireless Internet. Breakfast menu. A member of the Host Accommodation group. Qualmark applied for self contained and serviced. edit
- Nearby Hastings, Ocean Beach, Waimarama or the gannet colony at Cape Kidnappers near Clifton.