Hatfield is a town in the English county of Hertfordshire, located 20 miles north of London. It is perhaps best known as the location of Hatfield House, an historic stately home with strong royal connections that include Queen Elizabeth I. It was formerly the base of De Havilland (subsequently taken over by British Aerospace) and it was at Hatfield that the Comet commercial jet plane was produced. The former runway is now a commercial zone, with roads named after planes produced by De Havilland.
Hatfield House North Wing
Hatfield is placed on the A1(M) road. Served by coaches such as National Express. It has good links with airports.
Hatfield train station has links to London Kings Cross to the south and Stevenage to the north.
UNO Bus which are operated by the university (they are pink and purple) serve the area and local community.
- Hatfield House, Park and Gardens, ☎ +44 1707 287010, . Summer months only, opening from Easter. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays except Bank Holidays.. Built by the first Earl of Salisbury who was Chief Minister to King James I from 1607 to 1611. The house has an extensive collection of pictures, furnishings and historic armour. Queen Elizabeth 1st spent much of her childhood here and it was here that she learnt that she had become Queen. The Garden dates from the early 17th century. The West garden includes a scented garden, herb garden and knot garden. edit
- University of Hertfordshire 
- The Galleria, Cavendish Way, Comet Way A1001, Comet Rd, ☎ +44 1707 278301, . The A1(M) tunnels under it, get there buy Bus 737 edit
- Asda Hatfield Superstore, 98, Town Centre, ☎ +44 1707 630800, . It sits in the center of the town and get there by Bus 205,242,242,300,301,312,341,602,607,610,615,641,653,657,658 edit
- Bar turan, 2 Parkhouse Ct, Tamblin Way, ☎ +44 1707 272721, . Modern Indian restaurant edit
- Town Inn Mai Tai, Queensway, ☎ +44 1707 271576, . a popular student hangout edit
- Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, Roehyde Way, Hatfield AL10 9AF, ☎ +44 1707 275 701, . Modern Hotel close to the A1(M). Special 'Real Deal' from £100 per couples for one night including three course dinner, bottle of house wine and full English breakfast. From £59 per room. edit
Interesting places nearby include Ayot St Lawrence, the former home of George Bernard Shaw, and Hertford the county town of Hertfordshire.