Hastings-on-Hudson  is a village in Westchester County in the state of New York in the United States of America.
MacEachron Waterfront Park is a great spot to while away a sunny afternoon. In summer, watch sailboats and kayaks.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Road, White Plains, +1 914 995-4860 (airlines), . The closest airport, about 25 minutes drive. Rental cars are available.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor, +1 845 564-2100, . Another alternative to the congestion of the 3 major airports, but at present offers few direct flights.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, , John F. Kennedy International Airport , and LaGuardia Airport : The three major international airports in the New York City area offer service to just about anywhere. Westchester-based taxi and livery cars offer regular service to and from the three internationals from most areas of the county. New York City yellow cabs will take to you Westchester in a pinch, but the fares can be exorbitant. If staying in Westchester, ask if your hotel offers shuttle service. Rivertowns Taxi (914) 478-2222 will pick you up from the airport for around $95-100. Phone ahead to book.
- Metro-North Railroad - Hudson line, . Express service between Hastings-on-Hudson station and New York City's Grand Central Terminal is about 25 minutes. Local rail service is available between other Metro-North commuter stations. Taxis are usually available at the arrival of trains from New York City. On all Metro-North trains on-board fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the station or at the vending machines.
- Amtrak, . Long distance connections are available in New York City's Penn Station and at Metro-North's Yonkers and Croton-Harmon stations.
Hastings-on-Hudson is boat accessible.
- Bee Line System, . Westchester County's bus service provides access to White Plains and other locations in the county. Schedules and route maps are available on-line and at the Hastings-on-Hudson train station.
- Rivertowns Taxi at 58 Main Street 914-478-2222 will get you from A to B, but it is easy and pleasurable to walk in and around Hastings and the other river towns of Dobbs Ferry and Irvington.
- Around Town Taxi - 914-361-0139. Fast and reliable serving the Rivertowns.
- Jasper Francis Cropsey Home Studio and Gallery, 49 Washington Ave, +1 914 478-7990, . Cropsey was a painter of the Hudson River school and an architect (Cropsey designed the stations of the now-demolished 6th Avenue elevated railway in New York City). Home and grounds are beautifully maintained, and are tucked away on a quiet side street in the center of the village. Open by appointment only.
The aqueduct offers unique views of the villages, passing between backyards, along quiet streets, and the village's community garden.
- Old Croton Aqueduct, . Go hiking or biking on the aqueduct's trailway. The original water supply to New York City is now a walking trail that runs from Croton-on-Hudson in the north to Yonkers in the south. Over the 180 years since it was built, portions have disappeared from the downtown areas of several river towns, but it is mostly intact through Hastings-on-Hudson. Two shops sell maps of the trail: Good Yarns at 8 Main St. and The Office Ink at 572 Warburton Ave.
- riverrun bookshop/riverrun rare book room, 7-12 Washington Ave, +1 914 478-1339. Used books: has two storefronts and a warehouse, about 80,000 books in all. Open 365 days a year, 11AM-5PM. [or riverrunbookshop.com anytime...].
- Gordon Beckhorn—Bookperson, 497 Warburton Ave, +1 914 478-5511. Used books.
- Rockwood & Perry Fine Wines, 525 Warburton Avenue, (914)-478-1028.
Open Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm and Sundays 12pm-6pm
- Harvest on Hudson, 1 River St, +1 914 478-2800, . A top restaurant on the Hastings waterfront, with a garden patio for drinks or dinner and views of the majestic Palisades. Try to catch dinner at sunset on a gorgeous day.
- Buffet De La Gare, 155 Southside Ave, +1 914 478-1671. French bistro in a Hudson River village.
Dial 911 from any telephone for emergency police, medical, and fire services.