Húsavík  is a town of approximately 2,500 inhabitants in North Iceland. It is the whale-watching capital of Iceland, with whales sighted on over 95% of trips during the summer.
You can get to Húsavík by car or by bus. The town does have its own Husavik airport, however flights are rather infrequent and it may be more convenient to fly instead to Akureyri Airport (one hour driving distance).
- Husavik Whale Museum, Hafnarstétt 1, Húsavík, ☎ +3544142800, . edit
- Húsavík Wooden Church (Húsavíkurkirkja), Garðarsbraut 11, Húsavík, ☎ +3548611351. edit
- The Exploration Museum, Héðinsbraut 3 (In town center), ☎ +3548487600, . 9.00-17.00. The Exploration Museum is dedicated to the history of human exploration, from the early explorers to the exploration of space. The main exhibition room features photographs and artifacts from the Apollo Astronaut Training near Húsavík in 1965 and 1967. Other exhibition rooms features the history of Viking Exploration, Arctic explorers and a timeline of exploration history. (66.04771,-17.34432) edit
- Geosea, Húsavík, ☎ +3544641210, . Geothermal Sea Baths edit
- Horse riding. It is good option for tourists passing through the town of Húsavík. Its a good opportunity to come across the rugged Icelandic breed and also get to do some sightseeing on horseback at the same time. edit
- Husavik Mountain Trailhead. Hiking area edit
- North Sailing, Hafnarstétt 9, ☎ +354 464 7272 ([email protected]), . Whales, puffins and seals tours (duration 3-4h). edit
- Whale Watching. edit
- Gamli Baukur, (on the waterfront in an old wooden building), ☎ +3544642442, . Restaurant has an excellent selection of fish, soups, and salads. Downstairs is the small restaurant and upstairs a lively, little bar. edit
- Naustið, Ásgarðsvegur, Húsavík (yellow house by the harbor), ☎ +354 464 1520, . Nice and simple seafood restaurant. edit
- Pallurinn, (behind the Gentle Giants ticket centre), ☎ +354 496 1440. An interesting tent restaurant where they grill whole lambs. Very nice food with reasonable prices. Only open during the summer season. edit
- Salka, Garðarsbraut 640 (green house right by the main road), ☎ +354 464 2551. Restaurant pizzeria, where it is also possible to taste puffin. edit
- Lókal Bistro, Hafnarstétt, Húsavík, ☎ +3546809790. edit
- Arbol, Asgardsvegi 2, 640 Husavik, ☎ +354 464 2220 (fax: +354 464 1463), . A small cozy guesthouse with 8 rooms and located near the waterfront. Bathrooms are shared but very clean and towels are provided. edit
- Fosshótel Húsavík, Ketilsbraut 22, 640 Húsavík, ☎ +354 464 1003, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. A well-equipped hotel in the centre of town. Single and double rooms, as well as "whale-themed" superior rooms. Restaurant/pizzeria and bar facilities. Internet access free of charge. Close to the harbor and the various shops and service facilities in Húsavík. edit
- Húsavík Cape Hotel (Hótel Húsavíkurhöfði), Höfði 24, 640 Husavik (five minute walk to the harbour and two minute walk to the swimming pool), ☎ +354 463 3399, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 11:00. Húsavík Cape Hotel is a new 16 room hotel, located at Húsavík Cape, with great view over the town and Skjálfandi bay. edit
- Húsavík Guesthouse (Gistiheimili Húsavíkur), Laugarbrekka 16, 640 Husavik (five minute walk to the harbour and one minute walk to the swimming pool), ☎ +354 463 3399. checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. A friendly guest house, built in 1947 and renovated in 2009. Húsavík guesthouse is open all year. A great place to stay if you are going whale watching. Breakfast is served from 07:30 till 10:00. Wi-Fi in all rooms. edit
- Kaldbaks-kot cottages, Kaldbakur (Just 2km south of Husavik town), ☎ +3544641504, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Located on the farmland of Kaldbakur, within the town of Husavik, only 1.2 km from the town centre. Eighteen new cottages built of timber logs, 18-25 square meters in size, with all facilities (WC, shower, kitchen, TV, radio, refrigerator, kitchen utensils, toaster, stove, etc.). Big terrace. Beautiful view. Very private and convenient. edit
The public library offers Internet access on public terminals at reasonable rates, and a free Internet connection for those travelling with laptops.