Gwadar lies on the Arabian Sea coast of Balochistan Province in southwestern Pakistan. It is strategically located between three increasingly important regions: the oil-rich Middle East, heavily populated South Asia and the economically emerging and resource-laden region of Central Asia. The Gwadar Port is expected to generate billions of dollars in revenues and create at least two million jobs.
Karachi is the city from which Gwadar is closest and easiest accessible. You can either fly or else drive via the Makran Coastal Highway, which itself is a scenic journey, travel time is 7 hours.
Gwadar has a smaller airport operating to cater the local population.
- Gwadar Airport. The main airline flying from Karachi almost daily is PIA. edit
There are several buses shuttling between Gwadar and Karachi.
Car rental companies also offer cars for a fees and deposit.
Most Hotels offer Rent-a-Car services.
- Gulf Motors rent a car fleet comprises of latest saloon, medium and large vans, 4 WD jeeps, double cabin trucks, 4 Wheel motor bikes for trekking around the hotel and water scooters. It also offers air port transfers, city tours, desert safaris, trips to adjoining seaside cities.
- Alharam-rent-a-car Service offer luxury travel facilities and have a wide range of luxury cars. contact no. 923200290100
- Hingol National park- Cruising on the coastal highway approximately 190 km from Karachi you will come across Hingol National Park the largest in Pakistan. You can observe wildlife in its natural habitat and there is even a natural underground Hingol river where you can swim.
- Kund malir Beach- A must see place. It is the beautiful desert beach near Hingol, some 145km from Zero-Point on Makran Coastal Highway. It lies next to the huge mountains and together it give a wild look to the place. Enjoy the desert safari and breathtaking view of the desert.
- Buzi Pass- Travelling on the Makran costal highway about 6 km away from Kund Malir one would be struck by the sublime beauty of the smooth road of Buzi Pass as it snakes its way through the mountain. Sitting in a car on the Buzi Pass one can enjoy the vast blue water of the Arabian Sea on one side, then turn your head and marvel at the grandeur of majestic mountains on the other side. When you look at the lofty peaks along the coastal highway you will observe the princes of hope and lion of Balochistan.
- Ormara Beach- is one of the most beautiful long beach around the edge. Amazing blue Green beaches, Golden sand, and incredible natural beauty and fauna makes it worth a visit. Stay at the beach hut at Ormara Beach Resort city.
- Water Sports
- Scuba Diving giant fishes, turtles, stingrays have all been spotted.
- Boating Various cruises are available with or without packages lunches.
- Desert Safari on Sand Dunes
- Swimming at the beaches or at the pool of PC Gwadar.
- spa at PC Zaver, indulge in the sauna, steam bath or Jacuzzi.
- Bukhara restaurant offers Barbecue.
- Tai Pan is an authentic a Chinese restaurant.
PC Gwadar has their own bar.
- Nadia Coffee shop, (Located high above the harbor). Offers panoramic views of the Arabian Sea. edit
- PC Gwadar, . A five star beach resort.Currently closed ? edit