Gunnison is a mountain town in the state of Colorado.
Located in Southwestern Colorado, Gunnison is far from Denver and off the beaten path... unlike many of Colorado’s ski areas located along interstates or major population areas. Gunnison is a bedroom community located about a half hour drive from the Crested Butte Ski Resort.
The valley contains the Victorian towns of Gunnison and Crested Butte.
- Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (IATA: GUC) provides frequent and convenient jet service with airline partners, United Express, American Airlines, and United, . Regularly scheduled ground transportation offered by Alpine Express and Mountain Express are available as well as car rentals from Dollar, Hertz, Avis, and Budget
Black Hills Stage Lines runs intercity coach services to and from Denver.
Hartman Rocks- awesome bouldering, rock climbing, and biking
Mountain Biking, Skiing and Rafting are great ideas when you are in the area -- one for each season except Fall, try fly-fishing
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort, . world class skiing and snowboarding and Cross Country Skiing on over 30 kilometers of well maintained trails at the Crested Butte Nordic Center
- Rafting Black Canyon of the Gunnison, . The Gunnison River runs through this pristine and tightly controlled canyon.
- Palisades Restaurant, 820 N. Main, Gunnison (8 blocks north of hwy 50 on hwy 135 (main st,)), ☎ 970-641-9223, . 11 a.m.- 9 p.m.. Family restaurant with a western theme and great food. Large kids menu and full bar with 9 T.V.s for sports and buzztime trivia. Plenty of parking and free wifi. moderate. edit
- Farrell's Restaurant 310 N Main St.,(970) 641-2655. The beautiful outdoor patio is a pleasant place to eat lunch in the spring and summer months.
- Twisted Fork Bistro, 206 North Main Street, ☎ (970)641-1488, . Asian-influenced American food. Made from scratch, delicious food. edit
Crested Butte and Gunnison are both good pub-crawl candidates.
- Alamo, 226 N Main St, ☎ +1 970 641-9907. The dive bar of the valley. edit
- Smith Fork Guest Ranch, 45362 Needle Rock Rd, Crawford, ☎ +1 970 921-3454, . (38.7307,-107.516) edit
- The Water Wheel Inn, 37478 W Hwy 50, ☎ +1 970 641-1650 (toll free: +1 800 642-1650), . A hotel with free hot breakfast. edit
- The Bean Coffeehouse & Eatery. 120 N Main St. 970.241.2408. M - F 6:30 am - 8 pm, Sat & Sun 7am - 8 pm, "closing 7pm in the heart of winter." Wireless connection is $10 / hr in 15 minute increments. They also rent time on a couple workstations, same rates.