- For other places with the same name, see Gulfport (disambiguation).
Gulfport is the second largest city in Mississippi.
- Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport - Located on the Mississippi coast midway between New Orleans and Mobile. It services AirTran Airways, Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Continental Express,Vision Airlines and Delta.
Starting at New Orleans you will go east on I-10 for approximately 70 miles, you will cross into Mississippi. Get off I-10 at Exit 34A and merge onto US-49. This trip will take you about an hour and a half.
If starting at Mississippi's capital Jackson - Get on US-49 S at exit 47 A heading towards Richland/Hattisburg. Then merge onto I-59 S towards New Orleans/Gulf Coast. You will then merge again onto US-98 E at Exit 59, then take the US-49 exit heading towards Gulfport. Merge again onto US-49 S in the direction of Gulfport. This trip will take you about 3 hours.
To get around Gulfport you could rent a car. There are multiple car rental businesses located right at the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport. Including Avis, Budget, Hertz, National and Thrifty. There are also taxi and limousine services, along with shuttles that will take you to and from your hotel.
CTA - Coast Transit Authority - The public transportation route that runs through Gulfport. It also runs all along the Gulf Coast of Mississippi including areas such as Biloxi and Ocean Springs.
You can go and see the white sanded coastal beaches that look over the Gulf of Mexico. These beaches are viewable from Beach Boulevard (U.S. Highway 90) there are plenty of places along the highway where you can pull over for picture opportunities. Water temperatures range from 50sF in winter, 60sF in spring, 80F in summer and 73F in fall.
The climate is humid subtropical, with humid, hot summers and falls (frequent thunderstorms, tropical storm and hurricane risk) and mild, sunny and dry winters and spring.
- Ship Island Ferry - Leaves from the Gulfport Small Craft Harbor and takes you to Ship Island. Ship Island was named one of the top ten beaches in the United States by USA Today. This area is the perfect spot for picnics on the beach and for surfing.
- Bayou Vista Golf Course, 13756 Washington Avenue, (228) 868-9953. This is a public golf course featuring 18 holes on 6,287 yards of green.
- Island View Casino Resort, 3300 West Beach Blvd, (877) 774-8439/(228) 314-2100. This includes over 2,100 slots, 47 table games it also features live entertainment every week and an extensive beer, wine and cocktail menu.
- Alston's Antiques, 2208 25th Avenue, (228) 868-3985. M–Sa 10AM–5PM; Su by appointment only. An antique shop known for its beautiful selection of antique dolls, clocks, furniture, primitives, collectible and antique slot machines.
- Crossroads Mall, Crossroads Parkway, Intersection I-10 & Highway 49. Crossroads mall is home of Barnes & Noble, Pier One Imports, Old Navy, Happy Nails and Nevada Bob's Golf,Bedding Plus, just to name a few of its many retailers.
Gulfport is famous for its seafood, fresh seafood is bought from the ports every morning including shrimp, snapper, tuna,flounder and grouper. Gulfport also has many Cajun, Southern and International restaurants that will suit every taste and help make your trip to Gulfport exciting.
- Daddy's Little Kitchen #1, 2605 25th Avenue, (228) 822-0212. M-F 5:30AM–4PM; Sa,Su 5:30AM–2:30PM. a locally owned restaurant specializing in breakfast and lunch. Their Po Boys in particular are exceptional.
- Catfish Charlie’s, 11419 Canal Road, (228) 832-9195. Th–Sa 5PM-9PM. Specializes in fried and flaky catfish, their chicken and side dishes are good too. They are known for their down south, family atmosphere.
- Lookout 49, 12013 Highway 49, (228) 328-1366. was originally located in the Long Beach Harbor and went by the name of Long Beach Look Out, but then some ill weather took it down, so they have moved to a new location. It is the local favorite for spectacular seafood, steaks & specialties. They are also famous for their Sweet potato Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce.
- Emeril's Gulf Coast Fish House, 3300 West Beach Blvd, Phone: (228) 314-1515. Lunch: M-F 11:30AM-2PM; Dinner: Su-Th 5:30PM-10PM; F, Sa 5:30PM-11PM. Located inside the Island View Casino Resort, they supply a large amount of southern sea selections and are also known for their delicious desserts.
- Tug's Wharf Seafood Restaurant, 1458 Magnolia Street, (228) 604-2233. T-F 11AM-9PM; Sa, Su 11AM-10PM. “Gulf Coast Seafood The Way It Used To Be!” - They offer Chicago Angus beef, crab cakes, traditional Cajun cuisine, she crab bisque, gumbo and daily fish specials. They use only seafood that has been caught on that day, ensuring the freshest ingredients.
- Gulfport Elks Lodge No. 978 , 1800 E. Beach Blvd. Bill Connely the Music man every second and fourth Sunday, 2PM-5PM.
- Larry's at the Beach, US 90 between Courthouse Rd and Teagarden. This attraction holds outside concerts on a regular basis.
- American Legion Post no. 119, 111 Courthouse Rd, (228) 896-706. Art D'Lorio and the Sugar Mill Band perform on the first and third Sundays, 2-6PM.
- Best Western Beach View Inn, 2922 W Beach Boulevard, +1 228 864-4650, Toll-free: +1 800 748-8969, Fax: +1 228 863-6867, .
- Best Western Seaway Inn, 9475 Highway 49, +1 228 864-0050, Fax: +1 228 864-0739, .
- Courtyard Gulfport, 1600 East Beach Blvd., +1 228 864-4310, Fax: +1 228 865-0525, .
- Fairfield Inn Gulfport, 15151 Turkey Creek Drive, +1 228 822-9000, Fax: +1 228 822-9000, .
- Holiday Inn, 9415 Hwy 49, +1 228 868-8200, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 9435 Hwy 49, +1 228 864-7222, .