Granbury is a city in Hood County, near the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas.
Granbury is located approximately 30 miles Southwest of Fort Worth, Texas on US Highway 377. Take the Granbury 377 business exit off of 377, which will take you straight into the historic square.
A car is the best way to get around, but the Granbury stretch of US 377 can be quite clogged around noon and rush hour.
- Brazos Carriage Company, on the Square on
Bridge Street, 817 723 2322, . Offers horse drawn carriage tours of Granbury's historic district.
- Historic square, which is made up of several buildings which are registered historic landmarks.
- Granbury State Historical Cemetery, 801 North Houston Street, 817 573 5548. Visit the graves of General Hiram Granbury (which the town of Granbury is named after), Jesse James (supposedly buried here), and Ashley Crockett (son of Davy Crockett).
- Hood County Jail and Museum, 208 North Crockett Street, 817 573 5135. An old western jail built in 1885, with original cell block and hanging tower, exhibits, artifacts and memorabilia. It is also said to be haunted.
- Brazos Drive-In Theatre, 1800 West Pearl Street, 817 573 1311,  . An authentic 1950's drive-in, open March 1st- December 1st.
- Granbury Riverboat, 2323 South Morgan Street, Pier 144 Marina, 817 279 8687, . Enjoy a romantic dinner and boatride on scenic Lake Granbury in a 96-foot, 200 passenger boat.
- Granbury Live, 110 North Crockett Street, 817 573 0303, . Professionally cast, costumed and choreographed nostalgia concerts.
Shop at many little shops around the square.
There are 70+ restaurants and fast food chains to choose from in Granbury.
- Babe's Chicken Dinner House, 114 West Pearl Street, 817 573 9777, .
- Chop N Block, 1470 East Hwy 377, 817 573 3921.
- Garcia's Mexican Restaurant, 1840 Camp Crusis Court, 817 573 4920.
- Joe's Pasta & Pizza, 512 West Pearl Street, 817 573 0909.
- Miyako Japanese Restaurant, 715 Autumn Ridge Dr, Ste 104, 817 579 8668.
- Pam's, 204 South Morgan Street, 817 573 8052. Great breakfast, but it may be difficult to find a seat in the morning.
- Pastafina, 1106 South Morgan Street, 817 279 8669. Italian.
- Rice Garden, 1030 East Hwy 377, 817 573 0088. Japanese cuisine.
- Rinky-tinks Sandwich & Ice Cream Shop, 108 North Houston, 817 573 4323, .
- El Senor Ayalas, 115 West Pearl Street (just off the Square), 817 573 8960.
- American Heritage House Bed and Breakfast, 225 West Moore Street, 866 778 3768, . Beautiful home on the historic town square, run by Ron & Karen Bleeker.
- Americas Best Value Inn, 800 Harbor Lakes Drive, 817 573 4411, . An older hotel. Complimentary breakfast.
- Days Inn Granbury, 1201 North Plaza Drive, 817 573 2611, . Clean, comfortable rooms and a good free breakfast.
- Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, 635 Pearl St., 1-817-579-3800, . This 106 room hotel has a pool, 24-hour gym, 24-hour business center, and 8,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, and free WiFi. The on-site Great American Grill restaurant serves cooked-to-order breakfast and dinner in a relaxed atmosphere, and also offers evening room service and catering. It is located on Lake Granbury and has lake view rooms. It is adjacent to the Granbury Conference Center, and just walking distance from numerous restaurants and shopping in downtown Granbury.
- The Lodge of Granbury, 401 East Pearl Street, 817 573 2606, . Suites with separate dining, living and bedroom areas, free internet, and swimming pool.
- Plantation Inn, 1451 East Pearl Street, 817 573 8846, [plantationinngranbury.com]. Not really on Lake Granbury as advertised, yet the inn has a charming old plantation appeal for some.
- Pomegranate House Bed & Breakfast, 1002 West Pearl Street, 817 279 7412, . A quaint 1906 inn run by Tommy and Betty Potts. Clean spacious rooms and delicious meals.
- Inn on Lake Granbury, 205 West Doyle Street, ☎ 817-573-0046, . 13 Room Lakefront Luxury Inn steps to downtown featuring a waterfall pool, gourmet breakfast, afternoon wine social and lake view hot tub. $215-345. edit
Granbury is generally very safe. As with most small towns, a little common sense goes a long way. You should still lock your car door, keep your valuables secure, and not put yourself in potentially dangerous situations.