Goes is a small town of about 27,000 in the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands.
Goes is situated in the middle of the province of Zeeland. It's part of an area called Zuid-Beveland.
There is a rail link to Goes connecting it to the rest of the Netherlands.
Also several buses go in and out of Goes. A good website to check is 9292 public transport
There is also a motorway going all the way to Vlissingen with a clearly marked exit for Goes.
The centre of the city is very approachable by bike. There are several parking spaces around the town and one multi-story car park near the centre. Also there are buses around town. Also Goes is not very big so it's very well walkable.
The surrounding area is best visited by car or bike although there are buses going to various villages.
- A movie in 't Beest, a tiny cinema showing mainly art house, documentary and similar movies.
- Historical Museum de Bevelanden, Singelstraat 13, 4461 HZ Goes, ☎ +31 113 228883, . M-F 11:00-l7:00, Sa-Su 13:00-17:00. Learn some more about the area's history. edit
- Poppenhuis en Miniatuurmuseum, Deken Tomaslaan 31, 's Heerenhoek (About 15 minutes by car from Goes or take bus 23 from the bus station in Goes), ☎ +31 113 313003, . 1 Jul-31 Aug F-Sa 11:00-17:00. Ad en Christi van Soelens personal collection. Free. (51.453578,3.772362) edit
- Oosterschelde Museum, Kerkplein 1, 4401ED Yerseke (About 15 minutes by car from Goes or take bus 27 from the bus station in Goes), ☎ +31 113 574374, . Tu-F 09:30-12:30 & 13:00-16:00. During July and August extra open hours on Mondays and Saturdays. Tells the history of Yerseke and mussel- and oyster cultures in the river Oosterschelde. edit
- Take a ride on the steam train from Goes to Borsele and back. Along the way you can also visit Berkenhof's Tropical Zoo with lots and lots of butterflies, Wullempje's Shop like it was in the 1930's where they still sell sweets and candy, and have a walk to the Kouter Mill or have a look over the Westerschelde, one of europe's busiest rivers.
- Omnium swimming pool, Zwembadweg 3 4463 AB Goes, ☎ +31 113 233388, . Take a swim at the subtropical swimming pool Omnium. edit
- Omnium Climbing, Zwembadweg 3, 4463 AB Goes, ☎ +31 113 233388, . Starts at 19:30. On special days you can give the 10m high climbing-wall at the tropical forest a try. Available to anyone of 8 years or older. edit
Shops are open on Thursdays until as late as 21:00 in the evening and some eating establishments have special table d'hôte menus then. You cannot choose what you eat but they are very cheap and usually good meals. Happy Dayz and Stadhuis are two well known eateries.
- Adolfshoeve appartementenverhuur, Lindemansweg 9, 4474 NJ Kattendijke, ☎ 0113 621 264 / 06 309 498 68, . Situated about 6,3 kilometers from Goes. Rents out 6-person apartments situated next to a farm in a rural area. edit
- Gastenhuys Grote Kade (Goes Bed and Breakfast Grote Kade), Grote Kade 8, 4461 BE Goes, ☎ 0613347947, . Bed and Breakfast situated in a monumental building at the old harbor in the heart of Goes. edit
- Goes Hotel Centrum, Grote Kade 10, 4461 BE Goes, ☎ 0613347947, . Hotel situated in a monumental building at the old harbor in the heart of Goes edit
- Jersey's (Amadore Hotel Restaurant Jersey), Grote Markt 28, 4461 AJ Goes, ☎ +31(0)113-232323, . Hotel situated on the "big square" with lots of cafe's and restaurants. edit
- Omnium, Zwembadweg 3, 4463 AB Goes, ☎ 0113 233388, . Omnium is a sport centre with a tropical swimming pool and also has a camping that is open from 1 april till 30 september. The camping is a citycamping but surrounded by a lot of green. edit
- Oostmolenhoeve Bed & Breakfast, ‘s-Gravenpolderseweg 106, 4462 RA Goes, ☎ 0113-603157, . Bed and Breakfast located in renovated fruitfarm. Has 4 rooms and 2 studio's. edit
- Terminus, Stationsplein 1, 4461 HP Goes, ☎ +31 (0)113 23 00 85, . Hotel located next to the trainstation. edit
- Van der Valk Goes, Anthony Fokkerstraat 100 4462 ET Goes, ☎ +31 (0)113 31 58 00, . (51.491572,3.866897) edit
- Zwartenburg (Minicamping Zwartenburg), Monnikendijk 26, 4474 ND Kattendijke, ☎ 0113-621251 / 06-51224980, . Minicamping about 6,5 kilometer from Goes. edit
Tourist Information can be found at Singelstraat 11, ☎ +31 113 235990.
There is a railway connection going on to Middelburg, Arnemuiden and finally Vlissingen-Souburg/Vlissingen.
In the other direction the railway runs directly to Bergen op Zoom, Dordrecht, Rotterdam, Delft, Den Haag and Amsterdam.
By bus there are direct lines to Zierikzee and Terneuzen and several smaller towns
And by car your options are too many to mention really. Some cities that are around 1 hours drive or less are; Veere, Gent, Antwerp, Breda.