Gliwice  is in the Silesian Voivodship region of Poland.
The nearest airport is situated in Pyrzowice and is called Katowice Airport. It's about 30 kilometres eastern of Gliwice.
The airport has direct connections with over 30 destinations across Europe and Asia. The airport is a base of [Wizzair] and has strong network of Wizzair flights:
- Lufthansa Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund Dublin, Edinburgh, Kherson, Kiev-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan-Bergamo, Odessa, Oslo-Torp, Paphos
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas
- Wizzair Alesund, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania Cologne, Dortmund , Doncaster,Dubai-Al Maktoum, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kharkiv, Kiev-Zhulyany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmö-Sturup, Milan-Bergamo, , Oslo-Torp, Reykjavik-Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tel Aviv -Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South, Odessa
Seasonal: Alghero, Bourgas, Castellón,Dubai-Al Maktoum, Malaga, Podgorica, Santander, Split, Palma de Mallorca
There is a plenty of car rentals at the airport including Avis, Budget or the private of the airport called GTL LOT Car Rental.
There're direct connections between many Austrian, Belgian, Dutch, Luxembourg, Italian, French, Danish, German or Swiss cities. They're served by carriers as Sindbad. Companies as GlobTourist, Retman and Eurobus offer summer season direct connections Croatian cities as Zagreb, Karlovac, Sesvete, Split, Trogir and Zadar.
There're also place to place direct buses from Austria, Germany and Czech Republic. You can find their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
Gliwice're located on A1 and A4 motorways.
Gliwice Museum 
- Piast's Castle, ul. Pod Murami 2.
- Villa Caro 19th century residence, ul. Dolnych Wałów 8a.
- Gliwice Radio station museum, ul. Tarnogórska 129.
- with Radio Tower. At 118 metre high it is currently the world's tallest wooden tower and main city landmark. Played a role in history as a place where staged "Polish attack" on German radio station happened and gave reason for counterattack and beginning of World War II.
- City center.
- Artistic casting museum (Bojkowska 37)
- Geological museum (Akademicka 2)
- Szobiszowice manor house.18 century Von Welczek family manor house ruins.
- Jewish funeral house (Poniatowskiego). Building from 1904 designed by Max Fleicher- an author if Vienna town hall building. There's small exhibition inside.
- Sanitary Facilities Museum (Edisona 16). Museum dedicated to old hygiene facilitates like old baths
- Granary (Wiejska street). A 17 century granary now heading a restaurant.
- AL Gleiwitz memorials. AL Gleiwitz was one of German Nazi Work Camps. There're different locations of memorials: Andersa, Robotnicza, Pszczyńska and Przewozowa streets.
- Palm House (Polish: Palmiarnia). A place where you can admire different exotic plants and animals species.
Churches and religious places
- Assumption church. Tiny wooden church from 15 century located on Starokozielski cemetery.
- Sacred Family church (Polish: Kościół św. Rodziny). Beautiful church from the beginning of 20 century.
- Saint Anthony's church (kościół św. Antoniego). Beautiful modernist church in Wójtowa Wieś district.
- Armenian church. Tiny church with miraculous Mary's picture.
- City Center. Center with a market place and some old churches.
- Savior Church (Jagiellońska). Nice Lutheran church.
- Cathedral. beautiful, neogothic temple.
- Methodist church(Kłodnicka). Church from 1899.
- Saint Albert the Great church (Krzywoustego 1). Church from beginning of 20 century with interesting mosaics and geometric stain glass.
- Saint Bartholomew churches. There're two old churches having the same patron saint, first-middle age one and second build in the beginning of 20 century.
- Redemptorists monastery .(Daszyńskiego) Baroque monastery and church.
- Saint George Church (Piekarska). Wooden church from 1667-68.
- Ex-Lutheran church (Dworcowa). Nice church (currently Roman Catholic one)
- Mary's Birth church (Rolników). Neogothic church from 1898-1904 in Bojków district.
- Saint Anne's church (Przyszowska 36). Interesting contemporary church with a cave-like ceiling
- Saint Barbara church (św. Barbary 2). Beautiful ex. Lutheran church from 1863
- Christ the King church (Okrzei). Nice modernist church.
- Holy Spirit church (Nauczycielska 1). Beautiful neaobaroque church in the district of Ostropa.
- Our Lady of Częstochowa church (Kilińskiego 2). Contemporary church with beautiful stain glasses.
- Sacred Heart Church (Franciszkańska 1). Contemporary church with big and beautiful Sacred Heart stain glass.
- Our Lady Mother of the Church church (Pliszki 20). Beautiful contemporary church in Sikornik district with interesting stain glasses. The church's divided by upper and lower church.
- Our Lady Support of the Faithfuls church (ks. Stabika). Modernist church with beautiful mosaics.
- Saint Jadwiga church (Zamojska). Old church in Brzezinka district with a beautiful interior.
- Saint John Nepomucen Chapel. (Zamkowa street) Neogothic chapel from 1850 in district of Łabędy.
- Central Cemetery. (Kozielska). A huge cemetery from 1920 with big, old chapel.
- Steel Work Cemetery (Polish: Cmentarz Hutniczy). Cemetery from 1808 with a steelworking hall of fame.
- Linden cemetery. Beautiful old cemetery located near Jewish one. There's a beautiful cemetery chapel.
- Łabędy cemetery ( Wrzosowa). Cemetery located in pine forest with pyramid-like cemetery chapel.
- Water Towers. Water towers are located on Poniatowskiego, Sobieskiego and Kolberga streets.
- Gliwicki Channel ( Polish: Kanał Gliwicki). Water channel on Kłodnica River. You can fish or take a tourist cruise on it.
- Silesian Polytechnics. University campus with many old buildings
- Conrad Sharf glass works (Powstańców Warszawskich). Characteristic building of an abandonned glass works with a clock tower.
Nature and leisure
- Chopin Park. Small city center park.
- Chrobry Park. Huge park in the city center.
- Park Kultury i Wypoczynku. Huge forest park not far from city center.
- Las Dąbrowa Natural Reserve. Beautiful protected forest area
- Victoria Day Spa, Rynek 3/2 (on the Market Square), ☎ +48 884 966 966 ([email protected]), . 9AM-9PM. Facial treatments and massage in a relaxing, modern environment. edit
- Progress Bar is a spa bar with gym
There're summer swimming pools called Kąpielisko Leśne. There's a city beach on Raciborska street. You can also go canoeing on Kłodnica river. There's an artificial Czechowickie lake with public beach.
- hotel Diament Plaza, Zwycięstwa 30. edit Hotel in old tenement house in the city center, rooms with free WiFi and Smart TV, bar
- hotel Malinowski Business, Portowa 4. edit Hotel located not far from city center, restaurant
- Qubus hotel, Dworcowa 27. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, restaurant, air conditioned rooms
- Gold Hotel Silvia, Studzienna 8. edit Hotel in the city center, rooms with free WiFi, restaurant, live music
- Pod Platanem, Marcina 35. edit Object located 7 km from the city center, free WiFi, barbecue facilities, tennis court, terrace
- hotel Royal, Matejki 10. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, sauna, gym, bar
- hotel Trzy Światy Spa & Wellness Rajska Wyspa, Kilińskiego 14. edit Spa hotel located 2 km from the city center, free WiFi, barbecue facilities
- Villa Bianka, Architektów 298. edit Villa located 3 km from city center, near A4 motorway, WiFi, shared bathrooms
- Apartamenty Bednarska, Bednarska 2A. edit Apartments in the city center, free WiFi
- hotel Diament Economy, Zwycięstwa 42. edit Hotel in old tenement house in the city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- hotel Malinowski Economy, Chodkiewicza 33. edit Hotel located about 2 km from the city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- hotel Łabędy, ks. Jerzego Popiełuszki 44. edit Hotel located in a district of Łabędy, about 5 km from the city center, free WiFi
- Apartamenty Młyńska 4, Młyńska 4. edit Apartments in the city center with free WiFi
- Apartamenty Białe Studia, Jasnogórska 8/6. edit Apartments in the city center, free WiFi
- hotel Modrzewiowy Dwór, Mazowiecka 44. edit Hotel located near A1 motorway, free WiFi, garden, restaurant
- hotel Arsenał, Anny Jagiellonki 68. edit Hotel located 7 km from the city center, WiFi, terrace, barbecue facilities
- Guest Rooms, Rolników 343. edit Guest rooms located 4 km from city center, near A1/A4 motorways, WiFi, private bathrooms
- Guest Rooms, Żytnia 180 C. edit Guest rooms located 3 km from city center, not far from A1 and A4 motorway, Internet
- Przy Rynku, Zwycięstwa 7/7. edit Guest rooms in the city center
- Guest Rooms, Bohaterów Getta Warszawskiego 2 A. edit Guest rooms in the city center, free WiFi, shared bathrooms
- Guest Rooms, Błogosławionego Czesława 3/3. edit Guest rooms located about 2 km from the city center, free WiFi, shared bathrooms
- M hostel, Toszecka 192. edit Hostel located 8 km from city center, garden, free WiFi
- Villa Art Korab, Bernardyńska 76. edit An object located 2 km from the city center, free WiFi, garden, terrace
- hotel Ava, Pszczyńska 113. edit Hotel located not far from city center, free WiFi, bar, garden, restaurant
- Restauracja Park Szwajcaria, Łabędzka 4F. edit Accommodation object located 3 km from city center, free WiFi, bar, restaurant, terrace
- Gniazdo, Wróblewskiego 26/7. edit Guest rooms located 2 km from the city center, free WiFi
- hostel Kwadrans, Zwycięstwa 36. edit Hostel located in the city center, free WiFi, shared bathrooms
- The Loft, Kłodnicka 16. edit Guest rooms in the city center, free WiFi, shared and private bathrooms
- hostel Argentum, Sowińskiego 5. edit Hostel located 2 km from the city center, restaurant
- hostel Gliwice, Siemińskiego 22. edit Hostel in the city center, free WiFi, shared bathrooms
- Ślązaczek Youth Hostel (SSM Ślązaczek), Krakusa 16. edit Youth hostel not far from city center, WiFi, shared bathrooms
- Guest Rooms, Karpacka 17. editGuest rooms located near A1 motorway, garden
- Guest rooms, Narutowicza 19. edit Guest rooms located in Łabędy district, near Gliwicki chanel, garden, pets friendly
- MjM Lokum, Tarnogórska 15. edit Guest rooms in city center, free WiFi
- Pomarańczowy Dom, Architektów 211. editObject located near A4 motorway, WiFi
- ABI Noclegi, Bohaterów Getta Warszawskiego. editObject mostly dedicated for workers, located in close city center, near main attractions, shared bathrooms
- Workers Guest Rooms, Poniatowskiego 29. edit Rooms dedicated mostly for workers, located in close city center
- Workers Rooms, Jasińskiego 20. edit Rooms mostly dedicated for workers, located about 2 km from city center, the minimal accommodation period's one week.
- Kwatery Silesia, Toszecka 33. edit Guest rooms dedicated mostly for workers, about 2 km from city center, shared bathrooms, internet, prefered minial period of accommodation is one week.
- Elko, Wielicka 24. editObject mostly dedicated for workers, located near A1 motorway, WiFi
- Pławniowice — Village with castle-like palace and lake with public beaches. You can spend a night in the palace.
- Rzeczyce and Wrzosy — Villages on Dzierżno lakes with pristine beaches and camping
- Tarnowskie Góry — Lovely old town
- Kędzierzyn-Koźle — Interesting city in Opole Voivodeship
- Chudów — Place of medieval castle
- Knurów — Town with beautiful contemporary St. Cyril and Methodius church
- Rybnik — Old city with an artificial lake
- Zabrze — City with an old coal mine.
- Ruda Śląska — Beautiful postindustrial city
- Rydułtowy — Small town with the highest European coal pile.
- Toszek — Small and old town with castle