Gainesville is a city in the state of Texas.
- Frank Buck Zoo, California Street (ín Leonard Park). One of the better small-town zoos in the state.
- Historic Victorian homes on brick-paved Denton, Lindsay, and Church streets.
- Scenic drives on Farm and Market roads 372, 678, 902 east and south of town. These roads give some great panoramic views of the rolling Cross Timbers landscape.
- The Gainesville Factory Shops, I-35. A large factory outlet mall which attracts many shoppers from the DFW Metroplex and other area communities.
- Game Stop
- Super Plaza, 811 U.S. 82, 76240-2209, 940 612 3400, a market designed with Hispanic culture.
- Backstage Cafe, 204 East California Street, ☎ 940 612-2000. Soups, sandwiches, and daily specials. edit
- Catfish Louie's, 1825 E Highway 82, ☎ 940 665-2779. edit
- Dieter Brothers Restaurant, 401 J M Lindsay Boulevard. Texas-style barbecue. edit
- Gainesville Corral, 903 U.S. 82, ☎ 940 665 4134. edit
- Hungry Hippo Sub Shop, 112 North Commerce Street. This hole-in-the-wall shop sells decent made-to-order sandwiches. edit
- Main Street Pub & Eatery, 216 West Main Street, ☎ 940 668-6883, . Good home-style dinner spot with a lot of local flavor. Try the trout. edit
- Los Mariachis Mexican Restaurant, 319 North Commerce Street, ☎ 940 612-1721. 11AM-9PM. What it lacks in timely service, it makes up for in flavor. edit
- Luigi's Italian Restaurant, 2217 N Interstate 35, ☎ 940 612-4948. Great Italian cuisine made fresh, accompanied by wonderful bread. edit
- Neu Ranch House, 1825 U.S. 82, ☎ 940 665-6789. edit
- Sarah's On the Square, 115 West California Street, ☎ 940 612-4782. Great homestyle cooking, including good soups and burgers. Try the pecan-crusted chicken. edit
- Quality Inn, 600 Fair Park Blvd, 940 665 8800, .
- Hampton Inn
|Routes through Gainesville