Frisco is a suburb of Dallas and part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the USA. Being the home for well known corporate firms and having an excellent school district, Frisco is an attractive area for relocation. It has many things to visit in the city itself as described below or one can also visit Dallas or Fort Worth with its many attraction ranging from multiple sports events, museums, the Fort Worth stockyards, the Dallas Symphony Orchestra or parks like Six Flags Over Texas.
Getting into the Dallas Fort Worth Area can be done by plane, car, train and bus. Check the information provided under the city of Dallas. From there the only real option to get to Frisco is by car, be it your own, a rental car or a taxi. Please consider heavy traffic on the outbound roads between 7:30 and 9:00 am and on the inbound roads between 4:30 and 6:00 pm.
Assuming you are in the area you can use the following main routes to get into Frisco.
- From DFW Airport (IATA: DFW) Take the north exit and follow the signs for Highway 121 (toll). Once you have passed I-35 start looking for the Dallas North tollway. To get to the city center take the Dallas North Tollway from Highway 121 to the north and take exit Main street. Go right on Main street to get to Toyota Stadium and Town Hall. If you drive a bit further you will drive into "old town Frisco". To get to the Frisco Mall (Stonebriar), take the first exit after passing the Dallas North Tollway. You will drive into an area with a lot of shops, restaurants and the Frisco Mall (on your right hand)
- Dallas or Dallas airport (IATA: DAL) take the Dallas North Tollway in northerly direction and follow the directions as mentioned above once you have passed Highway 121.
- Oklahoma take I-35 South. Exit towards Denton onto 380. Follow 380 to the east. First through Denton and then through the country. Once you get to the Dallas North Tollway take the tollway south and exit at Main street. Take a left to get to the town center
- McKinney dependent on where you are in McKinney take 380 west and then Dallas Tollway south as indicated above when coming from Oklahoma or take 121 west and then Dallas Tollway north as indicated when coming from Dallas
The most practical way to get around is by car, as it is seldom reached by public transportation services, and not frequently visited.
- FC Dallas, 9200 World Cup Way, Frisco, TX 75034 (From North Dallas Tollway - Take exit Main / Cotton Gin and turn east. The Stadium is on your left on Main street), ☎ (214) 705-6700, . Watch FC Dallas of Major League Soccer play from March till October. The stadium is also home to concerts and high school football. The surrounding complex is home to many youth and adult soccer tournaments edit
- Frisco rough riders, 7300 Rough Riders, Frisco, TX 75034 (From North Dallas Tollway - Take exit Gaylord Parkway and turn east. The Ballpark is on your right), ☎ (972) 731-9200, . Located along the Dallas North Tollway and TX highway 121 lies Dr Pepper Ballpark. Home of the Frisco Rough Riders Baseball Team, AA Affiliate for the Texas Rangers. Recently named one of the best ballparks in minor league baseball by Baseball America, the Frisco Rough Riders have a post-game fireworks show every Friday night that can be seen throughout most of Frisco. edit
- Texas Legends, 2601 Avenue of the Stars, Frisco, TX 75034 (From North Dallas Tollway - Take exit Gaylord Parkway and turn east. The Stadium is on your right), ☎ (214) 387-5500, . NBA Development League team plays at home in Frisco at the Dr Pepper Arena, a 2 min walk north of the Dr Pepper Ballpark. edit
- Heritage Museum (Frisco Museum), 6455 Page St, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (972) 292-5665, . . edit
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center, 8004 North Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (972) 546-3050, . edit
- Museum of the American Railroad, 6455 Page St, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (214) 428-0101, . edit
- National Videogame Museum, 8004 Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (972) 668-8400, . edit
- Cinemark, 5655 Frisco Square Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034 (From North Dallas Tollway - Take exit Main / Cotton Gin and turn east. The theater will be close south of Main street), ☎ (214) 705-9901, . edit
- IMAX Theater at AMC Stonebriar 24, 2601 Preston Road #300, Frisco, TX 75034 (2nd Floor inside the Stonebriar Mall), ☎ (972) 377-0140, . The IMAX brand is world famous and stands for the highest-quality, most immersive motion picture entertainment. Visit the IMAX Theater for an amazing large screen display with great sound. edit
Events and Concerts
All year round events and/or concerts are arrange in Frisco in FC Dallas Stadium or the Dr Pepper Stadium. Try the links below to see what is organized at the dates you are in Frisco
- Toyota Stadium (FC Dallas Stadium), 9200 World Cup Way Frisco, TX 75034 (From North Dallas Tollway - Take exit Main / Cotton Gin and turn east. The Stadium is on your left on Main street), ☎ (214) 705-6700, . For concerts and events check the schedule by clicking the link edit
- Dr Pepper Arena (http://www.drpepperarena.com/), 2601 Avenue of the Stars Frisco, TX 75034 (From North Dallas Tollway - Take exit Gaylord Parkway and turn east. The Stadium is on your right), ☎ (214) 387-5500, . For Concerts, Events and Performances check the schedule by clicking the link edit
Frisco is home to four golf courses some are open to the public others have restricted access. Additional Golf courses can be found within a 15 min drive in the Colony (3), McKinney (2), Allen and Plano
- The Trails of Frisco, 10411 Teel Parkway Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (972) 668-4653, . edit
- The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club (Stonebriar Golf & Country club), 1549 Legacy Drive, Frisco, TX 75034 (From highway 121 - Exit Legacy go north. Turn left on Stonebriarway), ☎ 972-668-8000, . . edit
- Plantation Golf Club, 4701 Plantation Ln, Frisco TX 75035 (Highway 121 Exit on Hillcrest and drive north. Turn right on Lebanon; Turn left on Plantation Lane.), ☎ (972) 335-4653, . 6:30am - 8:00pm. . edit
- Frisco Lakes Golf Club, 7170 Anthem Dr. Frisco, TX 75034 (From Highway 121 – Exit FM 423 and go North for 5.6 miles. Turn left on Stonebrook Parkway for 1.2 miles. Turn left on Anthem Drive for .3 miles to the Clubhouse on the left.), ☎ ( 972) 292-3089, . . edit
Frisco has a bunch of entertainment centers ranging from bowling to rock climbing and go-karting:
- GattiTown, 3251 Preston Rd #1400, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (214) 618-9800, . . edit
- Main Event, 9375 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034 (From Dallas North Tollway - Exit Main street, turn west, Main Event is directly on the right), ☎ (469) 362-7227, . edit
- Dave & Busters, 2601 Preston Road, Frisco, TX 75034 (1st Floor on the south side of Stonebriar Mall), ☎ (214) 387-0915, . For dinner, bar, billiards and shuffleboard, or video arcade. edit
- Strikz, 8789 Lebanon Road, Frisco, TX 75034 (From Dallas Tollway North - Exit Lebanon. Head East on Lebanon. Strikz is located at the southwest corner of Lebanon and Preston rd), ☎ (972) 668-5263, . edit
- Canyons of Frisco, 7164 Technology, Ste 202, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (214) 387-0906, . , edit
- Pole Position Raceway, 10550 John W. Elliott Drive Suite 100 Frisco 75033, ☎ (972) 727-7223, . No reservations are required for you to enjoy indoor go-kart racing edit
- Stonebriar Mall (Frisco Mall), 2601 Preston Road Frisco, Texas 75034 (Cross roads of North Dallas Parkway and Highway 121), ☎ (972) 668-4900, . 10am-9pm. The mall has an abundance of stores, some restaurants, a movie theater and an entertainment center. On top of that many well known stores and restaurants are located outside the mall such as IKEA. edit
- The Shops at Legacy, 7300 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75024 (From Dallas North Tollway - Exit Legacy. Turn East), . Though not within the city limits of Frisco this area of shops, bars and restaurants is only 5 min south of the Stonebriar Mall and is a very lively area after 5pm all days of the week especially when the weather is nice edit
The choices of going out for breakfast, lunch or dinner are enormous. Frisco houses many chain restaurants especially in the mall area. As these restaurants can easily be found through any of the chain websites they are not listed below. Instead the list below gives you a flavor of local shops, diners and restaurants.
- Snow Cone Lady, 8760 John W Elliott Dr (Elm St) Frisco, TX 75034. 2pm - 10pm. A local legend. Please check the facebook page for actual opening hours edit
- 5th Street Patio Cafe, 8621 5th St, Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (972) 377-3483, . 8am - 8pm. With a menu that provides a variety of dishes for all appetites, 5th Street can accommodate your pallet for breakfast, lunch and dinner 5$ - 15$. edit
- The Londoner Pub, 5454 Main Street Suite 123 Frisco, TX, ☎ (214) 618-5025, . edit
- Irish Rover Pub & Restaurant, 8250 Gaylord Parkway Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (214) 618-6222. edit
- CrossRoads Winery and Wine Bar, 15222 King Road Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (972) 294-4144. edit
- 3rd Base Sports Bar, 2390 Parkwood Boulevard Frisco, TX 75034, ☎ (214) 618-4450, . Close to the Dr. Pepper Ballpark edit
Pizza Hut Park - FC Dalllas Pro Soccer
Dr. Pepper Ballpark - Frisco Roughriders baseball
Dr. Pepper StarCenter - Home of the Dallas Stars hockey team