Frenchboro has a population of 38 and is located on 14 small islands in Blue Hill Bay in the Down East region of Maine. Less than a hundred people live here year round and they keep things much as they have been for decades. The island is a favorite stop of yachts and boats.
- Moorings are available for boaters.
- Annual Lobster Festival, 2nd Saturday in August.
- The island is a simple place. A 900 acre land parcel has been put into conservation. One can walk the beaches and trails, probably see one of the nearly tame deer that are protected on the island.
- Offshore Store, Head of the cove, . 8am-8pm. If they don't have it, they can get it! From basic supplies to boat parts to small engine repair, this place is your go-To for necessities while traveling the coast. edit
- Lunt's Dockside Deli, Phone: +1 207 334-2922. July and August only. Famous for it's lobster rolls, it has an assortment of things for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
- Offshore Store, 88 Oceanview drive (Head of the cove), ☎ 207-334-2943, . 11-8pm. Seating right along the shore. edit
- Harbor House Inn, Phone: +1 207 334-2973 or Phone: +1 207 334-2991. May-Sep.