Fort Pierce is a city in St. Lucie County, Florida, known as the Sunrise City.
Although Fort Pierce isn't a big city, there are many things to do such as, going to the beach, nightclubs, or shopping malls.
Fort Pierce is served by Greyhound.  The #3 bus connects to Downtown Fort Pierce. 
Another way to get into Fort Pierce would be by plane. Although Fort Pierce doesn't have their own airport, the nearest airport is Palm Beach International which is about 70 miles South of the city.
St. Lucie County operates several bus routes in and around Fort Pierce. 
Downtown Fort Pierce has an extremely beautiful view of the water and some of the bigger buildings of the city.
Fort Pierce also has a Regional History Center located near Downtown Fort Pierce on Seaway Drive.
- St. Lucie County Aquarium featuring the Smithsonian Marine Ecosystems Exhibit, 420 Seaway Dr., ☎ 772-462-3474, . 10am-4pm Tues-Sat; noon-4pm Sun; Seasonally (Jan-Mar) 10am-4pm Mon. Their focus is on displaying ecosystems as complex communities of organisms interacting in their environment. At the Marine Ecosystems Exhibit, visitors can explore six different Florida marine habitats and learn about the complexity and importance of marine ecosystems. The largest aquarium is a model of a Caribbean coral reef. Other displays include living models of seagrass, mangrove, estuarine and nearshore habitats, as well as a deepwater Oculina coral reef. There are several smaller aquarium displays and a touch tank where you can meet some of our local sea creatures. Feeding Frenzy tours daily at 10:30am and Snack Time tours daily at 2:30pm. Behind-the-Scenes tour Saturday at 2:00pm. $3-4. edit
- Beach- Fort Pierce is surrounded by about four beaches, but the most popular is Pepper Park..
- Navy Seal Museum- located at 3300 N.rte.A1A. Open from 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday-Saturday, Sunday 12 pm to 4 pm. You can explore the history of the navy seals and their specialized equipment used during WWII all throughout today. This museum is the only one that’s dedicated to the navy seals. Admission for adults is $8, and $4 for ages 6-12, and under 6 is free. Group rates and tours are available and you should call 772-595-5845. Gift shop available on site.
- Super play USA- A fun arcade/bowling alley located at 1600 NW Courtyard Cir, Port Saint Lucie, Florida which is about 12 minutes away from Fort Pierce.
New York Mets- In nearby Port Saint Lucie the New York Mets Spring Training is held. The stadium is located at 525 NW Peacock Blvd Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34986. Their phone number is 772-871-2115.
- Farmer’s Market A Saturday morning tradition that has been going on for 17 years now and counting. Open every Saturday from 8-noon rain or shine, free parking behind city hall. This farmers market is ranked 2nd in Florida and 42nd nationally. The market provides beverage, fruit seafood, sauces, plants, produces and other products. Some Saturdays live music is available. Some of the venders availableat the market are Al’s family farms, Brenda’s Mix-a-lot, Gina’s bake shop and Tropical Jerk.
- Sunrise Theatre Located 117 South 2nd street in historic downtown Fort Pierce. It has been the home of broadway shows, Ballet and Opera, country artists and rock legends. Within the theatre the 220 seat black box within the theatre is home to jazz music every Tuesday has a comedy corner on the 2nd and 4th of each month. There is also a free summer time showing of movies on Sundays all summer long. The jazz show is 5 dollars and comedy corner is 15 dollars. Visit SunriseTheatre.com for movie times and schedules.
- Gator trace Golf & Country club, Gator trace course. Located at 4302 Gator Trace Drive. Phone number is 772-464-0407. Gator trace is an 18 hole course with over 6,000 yards of playing with a par of 70. It is open to the public.
- Island Pines Golf Club, Island Pines Course- Located at 5700 Indian Pines Blvd. Phone number is 772-464-7018. This golf course is also 18 holes with over 6400 yards of play with a par of 71. This golf course is open to the public.
- Bike Night- Every Thursday evening from to 5- 9 pm weather permitting. It takes place at 101 North 2nd street. There are beer specials at beer tubs. This event is held for motorcyclists all around the area.
- Friday fest- First Friday of every month. It is held from 5:30 to 9 pm in Melody Square. It’s the longest running street festival in the Treasure Coast. The Friday fest is winner of the 2011 Great American Main Street Award. The admission of parking and attendance is free.
Besides visiting many of the beaches if you ever decide to try something new you’re able to go diving and there are also dive shops. Below are some suggestions:
- Indian River Lagoon- Part of a 156 mile long waterway. Houses more than 4,000 plant and animal species. The Indian River Lagoon is 1 0f 28 national estuary programs in the US. Aims to protect and manage wildlife.
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institut - A research community of marine scientist, engineers and educators. Located at 5600 U.S. 1. Phone number is 772-242-2400. Founded in 1971.
- Dive Odyssea - located at 621 N 2nd St. Phone number is 772-460-1771.
- Shipwreck Site Seeing Tours/Diving - With Captain Bob Bouchlas at 772-465-2009.
- Dive Sites and Reefs - Urca de Lima Wedge Wreck Where People Beach Dive from Pepper Park and located on 3302 North SR Hwy A1A, Fort Pierce. It is 200 yards from shore where people can dive 10-15 feet deep.
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church- located in S Indian River Dr. Phone number 772-461-5009. Hours open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- West Side Baptist Church- 3361 S Jenkins Rd. Phone number is 772-461-7828.
Restaurants to visit: Phatz, Rice Hut, Mirandas Subs, JoJo's wings
Miranda's Subs is located on Angle Road and they serve a wide variety of sub sandwiches. There is take-out and delivery available. Their phone number is (772)464-5458. Their Philly Cheesesteak is the best southern version you can find. They also have baked goods available for dessert.
Phatz (Chick and Shack) is located on Avenue D and 15th Street. They serve the best wings in Fort Pierce. They are open from 7am-11pm on Friday and Saturday but during the weekdays they are open 7am-9pm. Their number is 772-882-4838. Their services include take-out, and catering. Their flavor of sauce is called Finger Lickin which is most popular. They have sauce for their wings for all flavor pallets from hot to bbq and lemon pepper.
The Fried Rice Hut is located on Avenue D and it is a Chinese food restaurant. It is open until 3am every day. Their garlic hot sauce is perfect for your wings and fries.
There are a few nightclubs around the area. Bj's is the most popular. BJ's Lounge INC is located at 2275 N 25th St Port and their telephone number is 772-468-7700.
In downtown Fort Pierce, there is the Original Tiki Bar which was opened in 1990. It is located on Avenue A. The phone number is 772-461-0880. They are open from 10am-11pm daily and have happy hour from 4-7pm with specials. There is food for the family and cocktails for those 21 and over.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, 6502 Metal Drive, ☎ 772-462-2900, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. Rooms and suites with microwave, work desk, free internet, flat screen TV. Guests have access to free parking, free breakfast, pool and fitness center. $65. edit
|Routes through Fort Pierce