YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
(Redirected from Flores (Uruguay))
: South America
: Central Interior (Uruguay)
Central Interior is a region of Uruguay which includes the departments of Cerro Largo, Durazno, Flores, Florida, Lavalleja and Treinta Y Tres.
- Chamanga (near Durazno, at Flores department) - an area with numerous remains of Guarani Precolumbian settlements including rock temples, cemeteries and pictographs. 
- Gruta del Palacio (near Durazno, at Flores department) - A cave with a special columnary formation. 
- Cerro Arequita (near Minas, Lavalleja) - a famous hill with caves. Nearby is the Isla de Ombues which is the largest aggrupation of the giant Ombu tree in the world. 
Another nearby attraction is Valle del Hilo de la Vida with its precolumbian tumuli. 
- Quebrada de los Cuervos (near Trenta y Tres) - considered the most beautiful national park in Uruguay. 
- Rincon del Bonete (near Durazno) - A huge hydroelectric power station with a large artificial lake popular for fishing. It is possible to visit the interior of the station.
- Melo (Cerro Grande) - The historical inn Posta del Chuy and the natal house of the national poet Juana de Ibarbourou.