Faliraki is the site of one of the most beautiful beaches in Rhodes and is a great choice for anyone who wants a sun and sand holiday complete with lots of bright lights and action.
The resort centre is as buzzing as the beach at night, the place gives you every opportunity to dance and party with a wealth of pubs, discos, music-bars and clubs.
Kalithea has a hilly backdrop with a cove offering a range of watersports, but if you are looking for a good stretch of beach you will find some just 3 kilometers away.
A nearby water park also makes for a great day out.
There are a few bars and restaurants, however most head for Faliraki for more lively action.
It takes 15 min from Rhodes Ferry terminal to Faliraki center, the price is around €20.
The bus is €2 per person but it takes 35 min and also you have to walk a few minutes to the bus stop.
Rent a car 15 -55 € per day depending on time of year,
Rent a moto for around €25-35 per day.
There are a large number of restaurants in Faliraki to suit every taste. The vast majority of these restaurants are located on the main Rhodes-Lindos highway where it passes through the centre of Faliraki. Ermou Street (known as Bar Street) and Pigon Kallitheas Avenue (known as Club Street) also have a large number of food outlets that double up as bars at night.
The cuisine served at most takeaways and restaurants caters mainly for the tastes of tourists, however it is possible to find some local cuisine in some of the family run tavernas. A good example is IAMA Taverna, located close to the British Food Shop ,behind Faliraki Church.On Club street Kostas village taverna & The Orion Taverna.
Nightlife in Faliraki tends to begin at around 10pm. Ermou Street, which is one of the main streets in Faliraki, is the focal point for pubs and bars. Tourists and bar owners call this area Bar Street. The quality of drinks served in the bars can vary between bars. Bar staff will often give special offers in order to attract customers into the bar, including free shots, cocktails and drinks included with entry/cover charge. The quality and quantity of alcoholic drinks is not always consistent.
A typical price for bottled beer is about 2-3 Euros. In the more expensive establishments, drinks may be around 4-5 Euros.
- King Arthurs Pub, # 1 Club Street, . Bar designed to look like King Arthurs Castle. Live music every night. Reasonable prices and friendly staff. edit
This bar closed a few years ago.
Faliraki is the most organized area on the island of Rhodes, in terms of accommodation. There a thre more than 210 tourism businesses offering accommodation facilities. The area has the capacity of 40,000 visitors per day! There are 8 ultra-luxury 5* hotels with the capacity of around 9,500 visitors.
The hotels offer truly extraordinary services. With amazing views over the Aegean sea and the golden sand of Faliraki beach.
- Apartment Dafne, Faliraki Beach. The apartments are within walking distance from the main beach. Within easy walking distance is the lively center of Faliraki. The apartment is for rent for both short breaks and for Langzeitbeiwohnung. You feel right at home and enjoy the typical Greek hospitality. edit
- Faliraki Lodge. The Faliraki Lodge is a traditional house with a total of 160 m2 living area plus 40 m2 the garden house and 1.200 m2 garden, just outside of the busy Faliraki centre area with night clubs and entertainment all kinds. The location of the house offers you a tranquil holiday with your family or a couple of friends and the sandy beach of Faliraki is reachable within walking distance. 30€. edit
- Mitsis Faliraki Beach Hotel & Spa, Faliraki 85105 (just 5km from the Afandou), ☎ +302241085301 ([email protected], fax: +302241085675), . This sprawling resort is designed to surpass the expectations of the most discerning traveller, providing excellent service in a secluded setting. The Hotel was completely renovated in 2011, offering comfortable accommodation and excellent facilities and providing an ideal destination in the city of Rhodes for both business and leisure travellers. edit
- Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa, Faliraki 85105 (just 4km from Faliraki), ☎ +302241085360 ([email protected], fax: +302241085365), . Alila Resort & Spa, a member of Mitsis Premium Collection, offers true 5-star services on one of Greece’s most popular islands, Rhodes. The hotel provides an ultra all-inclusive programme in its life-style oriented, modern and fresh premises, aspiring to values such as genuine Mediterranean hospitality, an authentic Greek isle experience and exceptional cuisine focus on Mediterranean, International and Asian traditions. edit
- Frida Studios, Rhodes-Faliraki, ☎ +30 6937372813, . checkin: 24 hr. Nice cozy studios. €25-120. (36.328802,28.199938) edit
- Telhinis Hotel, (It takes 4 min to Bar Street, 7 min to the beach.), ☎ +30 2241 087578, +30 69 77250333 (mobile), . Nice friendly place. edit
- Hotel Venezia, Faliraki. The hotel offers 125 rooms in total, as well as superb surroundings, well-kept grounds and excellent service. It has a lobby, 24-hour reception, currency exchange facility, mini-supermarket and Internet access (subject to fees). Guests can spend the evenings relaxing in the bar, watching satellite TV in the lounge or playing video games. Younger guests are sure to enjoy the playground. £19. edit
- White Palace Hostel, 2 Agisandrou St. (close to the main road and beach). Clean hostel with WiFi, BBQ, swimming pool and free parking. Studio with kitchenette also available. 10€. edit
- Hostel Manole, Asclipiou St., Faliraki, Rhodos (Opposite Vickie's Grill, 500 meters from Eurobank), ☎ 30-22410-85413/30-693-068-8068, . checkin: anytime; checkout: Noon. Offering a family-friendly atmosphere in a peaceful, safe and clean environment. The owners pride themselves in caring for each of their guests in every way possible. They have two cozy rooms with toilet, shower and hot water for 20 E, one room for three people for 28 E, two studio apts., at 35 E each, with kitchen and air cond., and one room for two people with air cond., for 33 E. The hostel is five minutes walk to a beautiful beach with crystal clear water and night life is close by, as well. A free swimming pool is across the street. Free Wifi is included. Screens are covering on all the windows, free comp., breakfast is provided for over a week's stay. They will provide travel information and suggestions for anywhere on Rhodos. The owners live on the premises so any emergencies can be addressed immediately. 20-35 Euro. edit
- John Mary. Nice friendly place. Little bit outside of centre. Fine accomodation. Friendly staff. edit