Fajardo is in Puerto Rico.
Known as "the city that guards the sun of the Caribbean" (La Metrópolis del Sol Naciente), Fajardo is on the east coast of Puerto Rico, north of Ceiba and east of Luquillo.
One of the main attractions is the Bio-Luminescent Bay. A 1.5 hour tour, you will kayak in through a Mangrove forest at night to the bay, where luminescent plankton glow bright blue every time the water is disturbed. Most tours cost $45, and combo packages with tours of El Yunque Rainforest are available and quite a good full-day trip.
Depending on traffic, it's about a 45 minute drive from the airport in San Juan to get to Fajardo.
- Faro de Fajardo, Route 987, 860-2560. Featuring a nature center and working 19th century lighthouse.
- Las Cabezas de San Juan State Park, 722-5882, 860-2560, fax 722-5872. Trails and boardwalks traversing mangrove forests, rocky coast, and dry forest.
- Watch your step in the neighborhoods around the ferry terminal, there is an iguana infestation and many dead three foot long lizards litter the streets. The locals just step over them as if it's no big deal.
- Icaco, Palomino and other offshore islands of Puerto Rico. edit
- Old San Juan. Visit the oldest fort in North America. El Morro Fort is cropped on the rocky and high coastline of San Juan. You can walk through the fort and learn about its rich history. Also included in this historic tour is La Fortaleza, Parque Las Palomas, Paseo La Princesa, all interesting and significant historical monuments of our past. edit
- El Yunque Rain Forest. El Yunque Caribbean National Forest is the only tropical rain forest in the US National Forest System. El Yunque occupies 28,000 acres and it is more than 3,500 feet above sea level. The annual rainfall is extremely heavy. It receives more than 100 billion gallons per year. edit
- Puerto Rico Beaches. For swimming or sun-bathing in Puerto Rico, you will not have to go far. Puerto Rico is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. edit
- Culebra. Located about 25 miles off the east coast of Puerto Rico. One thing that must be visited is Flamenco Beach. The beach is about a mile long and rarely crowded. Here you will find great areas to go snorkeling and look at the coral. There are several other beaches in Culebra including, Brava, Resaca and Soni Beach, all of which are great for diving and snorkeling. Best way thru Fajardo Ferry.. visit info page at www.fajardoferry.com edit
- El Conquistador Golf Course, 1000 Conquistador Ave, 863-6784, 860-1144. Open daily 6:30AM - 7:30PM. Green fees, $75 including cart.
- Yokahu Kayak Trips , Route 987, 787-604-7375. Evening kayak tour to bioluminescent bay.
- Kayaking Puerto Rico , 787-435-1665. Evening kayak tour to bioluminescent bay for $45 per person.
- Tatiana Sepulveda (East Island Excursions), Marina Puerto Del Rey, ☎ 787-860-3434, . Snorkling trips, sunset sail trips and Bio Bay excursions. starting at $69+. edit
- Caribe Sailing Adventures, Fajardo (Marina Puerto Del Rey), ☎ 954-822-3969, . Whatever your sailing charter needs are, Caribe Sailing Adventures can make it happen! Please visit us at:  Don't forget to mention this ad edit
- Enchanted Island Eco Tours (Nilsa Montanez), Laguna Grande Road 987 (Las Croabas, Fajardo P.R.), ☎ 787-888-2887, . Monday to Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm. Sunset to Bioluminescent Bay kayak adventure. Fully guided eco tours with interpretation of natural the area. Tour includes, double ocuppancy kayaks, safety lights, lifejackets, botanical based insect repelent, safety orientation,pre ride instructions, the only outfitter supplying two full hours of tour, assorted snacks and cold bottled water. We can arrange your transportation! Trust the Experience, an eco tourism supplier since 1997! edit
- Scuba Diving, 52 Parcelas Beltran · Puerto Real, PR 00740, ☎ 1-888-860-6006. Dive the Enchanted Island known as Puerto Rico. Boasting some of the clearest and most alive waters found in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico will send you home with an unforgettable experience to tell all your friends about. edit
- Site Seeing Tour Excursions, 52 Parcelas Beltran Puerto Real, PR 00740, ☎ 1-888-860-6006. Discover the Wonders on the East Side. Snorkeling in Culebra, Horseback Riding Tour, Kayaking Tour in the bioluminescent bay in Fajardo,Old San Juan Tour and many more. edit
- Snorkeling. Snorkeling is a great sport that does not require expensive equipment. Visiting the local beaches is an excellent way to see some underwater sights. edit
- Kayaking. The only way to enter the secret places, tunnels and channels of the mangroves. Enjoy a spectacular ecological reserve surrounded by mangroves, coral reefs and most importantly, a breathtaking bay that will make you sparkle with every paddle. edit
- Pr Vacation Heleprs (Puerto Rico Vacation Helpers), . We want you to have the best vacation possible, and so we offer activities that will make your trip complete, smooth and memorable. We strive to provide access to fun activities at the best price in a simple manor. Less headaches...more smiles! edit
- El Varadero Seaside Grill, Villa Marina Yacht Harbour, Avenida Marina View, Muelle B, 787-860-2662. Seafood, Waterfront, Puerto Rican Cuisine.
- Pasión por el Fogón , Route 987, Km 2.3. Seafood, steak, and Puerto Rican cuisine.
El Conquistador Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- 1000 El Conquistador Avenue, 863-1000. . As these are all on a difficult-to-leave campus they are very expensive. Expect to pay >$20 for lunch entree, >$30 for dinner entrees, and $7 for a can of Medalla Light which runs $1.50 at most grocery stores.
- Bally Hoo Bar & Grill. American.
- Blossoms. Chinese and Japanese.
- Las Brisas Terrace, 863-6565. American breakfast.
- Cantina de las Olas. Mexican.
- Ciao Mediterranean Cafe.
- Isabella's Grill. Seafood and steak.
- Sting Ray Cafe. International.
- Otello's. Italian.
Mojitos, Bushwhacker, Pinas Coladas
- Las Casitas Village & El Conquistador Resort, Waldorf Astoria Resort, 1000 El Conquistador Ave, Fajardo 00738, ☎ +1 787 863-1000, . (N 18.359239,W 065.628136) edit
- Anchors Inn, 5 Calle 2, Fajardo 00738 (Calle 2 & Calle Sur, a couple blocks east along Calle Sur from Carr. Cabezas de San Juan (Hwy 987)), ☎ +1 787 863-7200, 860-6934 (fax: +1 787 863-1596). Quaint 13 room inn located on a bluff. $55 - $65 per night. edit
- Coqui Villa, (Off Route 3, between Luquillo and Fajardo), ☎ +1 215 340-0715, . Two bedroom, 1 bathroom casitas with full kitchen. $750 - 1000 Week for two depending on time of year. edit
- Fajardo Inn, Parcelas Beltran 52, Fajardo 00740, ☎ +1 787 860-6000 (fax: +1 787 860-5063), . 107 rooms, many with great views $90 - $250 per night. (N 18°20.093’,W 065°38.213’) edit
- Moonlight Bay Hostel, 478 Calle Cometa, Fajardo 00740, Puerto Rico, ☎ 1 (787) 801-1578, . Dorm accommodations (mixed and female only): $23-25 per night. Private rooms: $34-44 (standard/deluxe) per person. edit
Coqui Water Park- El Conquistador Water Park
Culebra - Take the ferry and in less than an hour you will be in the small island of Culebra. Culebra was an island once used by the US Navy for military training and you can still see abandoned tanks and bombs in the beaches. Culebra is famous for having the best beach in the Caribbean, Playa Flamenco, called Puerto Rico's best attraction by the Travel Channel.
- Icacos Island - a small, uninhabited island, a 15 minute water taxi ride from Fajardo. It is part of the Cordillera Keys Nature Reserve. The island is a popular snorkeling destination.