Espoo (Swedish: Esbo) is the second largest municipality in Finland with the population of 281,886. It is part of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area along with the municipalities of Helsinki, Vantaa, and Kauniainen. The national park of Nuuksio is situated in northwest Espoo.
Espoo is divided into seven areas, the largest of which have their own commercial centers: Vanha-Espoo, Espoonlahti, Espoo, Kauklahti, Leppävaara, Matinkylä and Tapiola.
The main campus of the Aalto University is based in Otaniemi, Espoo, along with a thriving technology community that includes numerous IT companies and VTT – the Technical Research Center of Finland. Nokia is headquartered in Keilaniemi, Espoo, along with other high-tech companies such as KONE, Tekla and Fortum.
Espoo is served by Helsinki commuter trains, with 3 faster E, U and Y trains (25 min from Helsinki) to Middle- and West-Espoo. In addition, the A train (every 10-20 minutes, 17 minutes from Helsinki) serves the east part of Espoo. The Finnish National Rail commuter traffic section  has route maps and timetables online.
- Regional U-line bus 540 (€5.00) leaves from bus platform 14 of T2 via platform 5 of T1, for connections to the areas of Leppävaara, Nihtisilta, Ikea and Espoonkeskus. Everyday 7:45-22:50
The following regional buses run only in rush hours from Mon-Fri, roughly one departure per hour, leaving from bus platform 4 of T1 via platform 35 of T2
- 514 and 514K (€5.00) connect the areas of Leppävaara, Tapiola and Westend. 
- 535 (€5.00) connect the areas of North and Middle Espoo.
See Helsinki#Get around
Trains A, E, U run across Espoo. Train L runs late at night and on weekend mornings. A single ticket costs €3.00, is valid for 80 minutes and entitles the ticket holder unlimited transfer to other trains and buses.
Buses are frequent and convenient enough. Check HSL Journey Planner for timetables.
There are excellent cyclist paths almost everywhere in Espoo, so it's worth cycling in a sunny day. Remember to wear a helmet. Detailed information of cyclist paths are available in HSL's website.
- Nuuksio National Park
- Glims farmstead museum, Glimsintie 1, . edit
- WeeGee house museums, Ahertajantie 5, ☎ +358-9-81631818, . 11am-5pm. EMMA - Espoo Museum of Modern Art, KAMU - Espoo City Museum, Helinä Rautavaara museum, Finnish Toymuseum Hevosenkenkä, Finnish Museum of Horology, Gallery AARNI 12 eur. edit
- Gallen-Kallela Museum - a small museum of a Finnish painter Akseli Gallen-Kallela (1865-1931) who is best known for his illustrations of the Kalevala, the Finnish national epic. The museum is located in a castle-like house Tarvaspää on a rocky hill facing the sea originally designed and built by Akseli Gallen-Kallela between 1911-13 as a combined home for his family and a studio. The museum presents not only the works of Akseli Gallen-Kallela, but also tells the story of his family and contains a collection of artifacts brought back from their travels to Africa. The museum is located on a hill facing the bay of Laajalahti, about 10 kilometres from the centre of Helsinki. There is a shop inside the museum building, and another building next to it houses a café/restaurant. Visitors can take the bus 205 from Kamppi or 206 from Elielinaukio and then walk a kilometre from the Vermonsolmu stop to the museum.</see>
|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
- Sello, Leppävaara. One of the largest shopping centers in Finland with excellent traffic connections. Local trains A, E, S, U, Y and the night train L all stop at Leppävaara station which is just beside the shopping center. Also many bus routes serve the area.
- Iso omena, Matinkylä. Large shopping center serving the Matinkylä district. Bus lines 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 10K, 11, 31, 35, 112, 503, 132, 143, 145, 147, 150, 151, 154, 160 and 165.
- Entresse and Espoontori, Espoon keskus. These two shopping centers serve the Central Espoo district near the Espoo train station. Local trains E, S, U and the night train L stop here.
- Some of the smaller shopping centers mainly serving the locals include Lippulaiva in Espoonlahti and the first shopping center in Finland, Heikintori in Tapiola.
- Iittala Outlet, Espoontie 25, Lommila. Home decoration and kitchen utensils.
- Lumene, Lasihytti 1, Kauklahti. Finnish cosmetics manufacturer Lumene has its factory outlet in the disctrict of Kauklahti in Western Espoo. Local trains E, S, U and the night train L stop at Kauklahti station.
- Espoon lahjatupa, Kirkkojärventie 3, Espoon keskus. An outlet shop rich in atmosphere selling Finnish handmade gifts and home decoration products.
Markets (tori) take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in following locations:
- Espoon keskus (Asematori)
- Leppävaara markets (Läkkitori in the Northern side of the railway station and Viaporin tori at the South, in the inner court of Sello shopping center)
- Espoonlahti market (Ulappatori)
- Tapiola market
- Karakallio market
For maps and information on events, visit Espoon torikauppiaat association website.
- Fida International operates goodwill flea markets in four, mostly residential areas: Espoon keskus (Asemakuja 3), Soukka (Yläkartanonkuja 1), Niittykumpu (Merituulentie 30) and Lähderanta (Kolkekannaksentie 15).
- Espoo Recycling Centre, operated by Helsinki Metropolitan Area Reuse Centre Ltd, is located in Matinkylä at Matinpurontie 8. The selection includes furniture, clothes, toys, books, sports equipment, cookware and cutlery. The shop has also a free of charge department with a small variety of clothes and other items.
- Some self-service fleamarkets around Espoo include Akseli (Sinikalliontie 1, Mankkaa), Olarin kirppis (Maapallonkuja 1, Olari), Omppupuun kirppis (Kuninkaankartanontie 11, Kauklahti) and Viherkirppis (Viherlaaksontie 5, Viherlaakso).
- Thairavintola Jasmin, Kiltakallio 2, Espoonväylä 87 or Finnoontie 87., ☎ +358(0)98593131, . Mo-Th 11:00-20:00, Fr-Su 12:00-21:00. Tasty Thai food. Lunch buffet €8.5 (Mo-Fr), €12.5 (Weekend), Mains from €11. edit
- Curry Palace, Leppävaarankatu 10, Espoo, ☎ 09-548 3751, . Mo-Fr 10:30-22:00, Sa 12:00-22:00, Su 13:00-19:00, Lunch buffet Mo-Fr 10:30-14:30, Sa 12:00-16:00, Su 13:00-16:00. Indian restaurant. Don't leave the restaurant without trying its pickled spice. It's fantastic! Lunch buffet Mo-Fr €9.2, weekend €13.5 (2-8yrs €8), mains from €16. edit
- Restaurant Lime Leaf, Sello Rex, Leppävaara, . Thai and Malay restaurant run by Chinese. edit
- Fusion Square, Tapiontori 3 B16, ☎ +358 9 8550038, . Mo-Fr 11:00-22:00, Sa&Su 12:00-22:00, Lunch Buffet Mo-Fr 11:00-15:00. Tasty Chinese food. Try their spicy tofu. Mains from €9.8. edit
- Restaurant Base, Sello, Leppävaarankatu 3-9, ☎ +358-9-512 36060, . 10:00-24:00. One of the few highend restaurants in Espoo at Sello and GLO hotel. 40-60e for two. edit
- Nice Studio in Tapiola, Poutapolku 3, Espoo, . checkin: 15.00; checkout: 12:00. A clean and small rooms. Located short walk from Tapiola center, Otaniemi innovation hub and The Aalto University metro station. From €68€ for a double bed room with a private bathroom. edit
- Tapiola Center Flat, Kauppamiehentie 2, Espoo, . checkin: 15.00; checkout: 12:00. Located in the Tapiola center few minute walk from the metro stop. Espoo Metro Arena is also within a walking distance. From €69€ for a one bedroom apartment with balcony and a private bathroom. edit
- Helsinki Center Kallio Apartment, Helsinginkatu 16, Helsinki, . checkin: 15.00; checkout: 12:00. A big, clean and central location in Kallio district, only 14 minute metro drive from Espoo. Good for a long term stays. €60-80€ for apartment per night or 1900€ per month. edit
- Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, Tapionaukio 3, Espoo, ☎ +358 (0) 20 1234 616 ([email protected], fax: +358 (0) 20 1234 617), . A largish, modern hotel located in a pleasant neighborhood of Tapiola. Total 154 (all non-smoking) rooms rooms, sauna, exercise facilities, wireless Internet access, restaurant and bar. Convenient transport to Helsinki center by bus. Rooms facing north have views of a large pool that serves as a skating rink in winter. From €83. edit
- Hellsten Hotel Apartment, Porarinkatu 3, Espoo, ☎ +358(0)9 511051, . Clean and simple. Located in a quiet neighborhood but close enough to shopping centre Sello in Leppävaara. edit
Espoo is a very safe city. You should be a careful when you see Roma gypsies since they sometimes do pickpocketing.