Eskilstuna is a city in Södermanland county, Sweden, with approximate population of 95,000. The town is situated close to Lake Mälaren about 100 kilometers west of Stockholm.
Frequent trains from Stockholm, Västerås and many other cities.
Sörmlandstrafik provides busses to all parts of the city centering around Resecentrum (Eskilstuna C) and Fristadstorget in the centre of the city.
- The Rademacher forges (Rademachersmedjorna), City center, . The Rademacher forges were built in the 1650s. The buildings are well preserved and various craftsmen are still working here. edit
- Torshälla town. Torshälla is a small town outside of Eskilstuna, you can go there by bus or car (takes 20 min). It's not a far bike ride or walk either. Here you can visit the old city as well as the church, the city hall or the library. There is also local museums for example Ebelings museum where they have different exhibitions but focus on the swedish sculptor Allan Ebeling (who's sculptures you can find around Torshälla). On the main square you can find various shops, restaurants and also a youth café where they arrange activites for teenagers. There is also several floodgates and a harbour where you can rent canoes. Three times a year a market is organized in Torshälla, one during spring, fall and winter. Festivals are usually held during spring and/or summer, and during winter there is the Lucia celebration. edit
- Parken Zoo is a zoo that claims to be part of several projects to protect endangered species, including a few extremely rare, like the Mountain chicken frog. It's quite big (by Swedish standards), with around 50 different species, has interesting animals and an amusement park. The distance to the train station is about 15 minutes if you walk.
- Eskilstuna Biljardhall, Torggatan 44, 789 43, . Billard hall / Restaurant / Bar - Every Thursday after work there is a free taco buffet.
- Restaurang Grappa Matsal & Bar, Nybrogatan 3, ☎ 016-51 11 17, . 12:00-02:00. 150:-. edit
- Harry's, J A Selanders gata 3, ☎ 016-14 20 10. 16:00-02:00. Half price main dishes select weekdays. edit
- Mocca Deli, Nybrogatan 5, ☎ 016-13 69 30. 11:00-01:00. edit
- Eskilstuna Ölkultur, Faktorigatan 1, ☎ 016-13 17 14, . 5-11. edit
- The Bishops Arms, Hamngatan 11, ☎ 016-540 23 16. 13:00-02:00. edit
|Routes through Eskilstuna