Enontekiö  is a large, mountaineous municipality in Finnish Lapland.
- Hetta (Heahttá in Sami) - Hetta is the main village and administrative centre of the province so the names Hetta and Enontekiö are used interchangeably.
- Kilpisjärvi (Gilbbesjávri in Sami)
Enontekiö airport  is situated near the main village of Hetta. Currently it is only served by Flybe airlines .
Usually people arrive to Enontekiö by car, either from the south or from the nearby neighbouring countries, Norway and Sweden.
Practically there are two ways to get around in these parts of Finland. Either by your own car or by bus, which runs one or two times every day from Rovaniemi.
Views and nature. Large part of the area is beyond the treeline.
- Pallas-Yllästunturi national park 
- Järämä WWII Fortification Camp (Järämän linnoitusalue), Käsivarrentie 5465, 99470 Karesuvanto (Drive the mainroad number 21/E8, about 20 km from Karesuvanto village, in the direction of Kilpisjärvi.), ☎ +358 400 556 215, . Järämä renovated fortification camp, known as Sturmbock-Stellung to the Germans, is located in Enontekiö municipality, in the north-west of Lapland. Originally it was built by Germans and is just one part of a larger network of fortification camps, built during the Lapland War, to protect the harbours of the Arctic Ocean. The camp is dug partly into the bedrock. No real battles were ever fought in this fortification camp. Further information: Enontekiö Tourist Information, tel. +358 (0)400 556 215, [email protected] edit
- Hetta Ski Resort (Hiihtomaa), Hetta Hiihtomaa Peuratie 23, 99400 Enontekiö, ☎ +358 40 586 4428, . 10am-6pm. Located on the slopes of a small hill near the centre of the village, Hetta's ski resort has several gentle pistes (no drop greater than 100m) suitable for skiing and snowboarding serviced by drag-type ski lifts. There is also an illuminated cross-country ski track which starts here and can be used free of charge. Equipment hire and lessons available from the portacabins at the bottom of the main slopes. Due to the low number of customers and gentle slopes this is a perfect place to try skiing or snowboarding for the first time. edit
- Hetta Huskies, 211Hetantie, 99400, Enontekiö (Drive out of Hetta on the road south to Palojoenso and the Swedish border. The farm is c. 2 km after the turn to Norway.), ☎ +358 16 641 590, . Hetta Huskies is Enontekiö's only husky farm. Run by a British woman and the first Finn to reach the South Pole unsupported, it offers everything from farm visits and short taster rides to day-safaris and multi-day wilderness journeys. The farm is constantly praised as one of the best run and dog-friendly in Finnish Lapland but its prices are surprisingly competitive. Sledding is only available in snowy months but farm tours and other products with dog interaction are available year round. See website for details and prices. edit
- Sportbutikk (Sport-Hetta Oy), Ruijantie 15 99400 Hetta, Enontekiö, ☎ + 358 400 184 185. Sport equipments shop in the heart of Hetta. We sell Sports and leisure clothing and shoes,ski waxes and goggles, snowmobile accessories and parts, fishing supplies and fireworks before New Years Eve.We also have a small hardware store. edit
- Käsivarren Luontopalvelut, Saharannantie 66, ☎ 0405891940. Ohjelmapalvelut
- Hotel Hetan Majatalo (Hetan Majatalo Oy), Riekontie 8, 99401 Enontekiö, ☎ +358-16-5540400, . Traditional and excellent Lappish and Finnish food from buffet in an idyllic dining room is served during high-seasons and on request. Hetan Majatalo is situated right in the centre of the village of Hetta / Enontekiö. Hetan Majatalo has offered rest, peace and clean air to visitors ever since 1924 and is now into it's fourth generation. Personal service of the host family makes Majatalo different. edit
- FellHotel Vuontispirtti (Tunturihotelli Vuontispirtti), Vuontispirtintie 267, 99340 Raattama, ☎ +358400380093. Restaurant ( non alcohol service , cafe, breakfast buffet and dinner buffet every day at the high seasons. ( March, April and September ) edit
- Ounasloma Luxury Cabins, Ounasloma Oy Ounastie 1 99400 Enontekiö, ☎ +358 16 521055, . Ounasloma has 13 luxury cabins located in a small area just off the main road and very close to the lake. All mod cons and underfloor heating to keep it nice and toasty when it's -35 centigrade outside! Run by a nice man called Alpo who is also a great source of advice for local activities. From 58 euros per night. (68.38584196816322,23.60459804534912) edit
- FellHotel Vuontispirtti (Tunturihotelli Vuontispirtti), Vuontispirtintie 267, 99340 Raattama, ☎ +358400380093, . Accomodation, hotel rooms and cabin, restaurant ( non alcohol service )near by National Park Pallas-Ylläs. edit
- Hotel Hetan Majatalo (Hotelli Hetan Majatalo), Riekontie 8, 99401 Enontekiö, ☎ +358-16-554 0400, . The newest hotel in the Real Lapland & Lapland's oldest family company in tourism. Hetan Majatalo has offered rest, peace and clean air to visitors ever since 1924 and is now into it's fourth generation. The present-day Hetan Majatalo consists of an old-time, traditional inn and a high-quality hotel with 27 spacious room for 2-6 persons. As a speciality hotel rooms have a loft with a skylight window and sufficient space. Cosy lobby with an unique fire place and piano, constantly heated saunas, meeting room, Wlan and a public computer, little library, playgrounds in and out side, souvenir corner, well-equipped fitness room, waxing room for skis, little kitchen, loundry and a Lapp hut are at your disposal. Traditional and excellent Lappish and Finnish food in an idyllic dining room will make your holiday complete. Hetan Majatalo is situated right in the centre of the village of Hetta / Enontekiö but at the same time right at the edge of the wilderness. Hetan Majatalo attracts for outdoor activities. Untouched wilderness, the Real Lapland, starts right from the hotel's yard – as well as the well-kept skiing tracks and hiking paths. To the vast Lappish surroundings of Hetta you get to visit also in the arranged trips. Idyllic nature, combined to a delicious outdoor lunch, comes close to you for example in a snowmobile adventure. Lots of activities await you in Hetta and guided tours begin from the hotel. Reindeer safaris and husky rides are a unique way to spend a day. Hetan Majatalo will help you plan and organise your safaris and other programs. Briefly, Hetan Majatalo is just what the doctor orders: Rest, peace and refreshment in original, cosy Lappish environment. Come and enjoy the Real Lapland! Personal service of the host family makes Majatalo different. edit
- FellHotel Vuontispirtti (Tunturihotelli Vuontispirtti), Vuontispirtintie 267, 99340 Raattama, . Accomodation, hotel rooms, cabins, restaurant ( non alcohol service )near by Pallas-Ylläs National Park. edit
- Holiday Village Hetan Kota (Lomakylä Hetan Kota), Ounastie 583, 99400 Enontekiö, ☎ +358400183020, . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 12.00. Holiday Village Hetan Kota is situated on Ounaslake. from 50,00 €/night. edit
See the neighbouring countries Sweden and Norway. Especially road to Skibotn in Norway has incredible canyon sights.