Enfield is a city in Connecticut River Valley.
Enfield, Ct is a smaller town that is spread out for the most part. It is partially farm based off of Tobac Farms and the other half is shopping centers. The more historic areas are in and near Powder Hollow. The time lines here are rich in history. As for the other parts of town it is very modern it is not a stuck in the past area. You can find almost anything here that you can find in a larger city.
NORTH/SOUTH: Interstate Route 91, exits 46-49 or State Route 5.
EAST/WEST: State Route 190.
- Bradley International Airport (BDL)  in Windsor Locks, Connecticut is the nearest large airport, approximately 15 minutes away.
- Boston Logan Airport (BOS)  is another international airport, approximately 2 hours away.
Enfield is serviced by CTTRANSIT  bus service.
Like most suburbs, Enfield is extremely difficult to get around without a car. There is little public transportation in place, and sidewalks can be scarce at times. It is possible to bicycle around the town, but a good deal of time and patience is required. Although you can use cab services and in the more rural areas you can usually walk from place to place. Average walking distances are less than a mile if you live in the right area.
Things to see in Enfield are very limited due to its size. The only historic areas are around Powder Hollow and these are very scattered. While some may be right infront at the Powder Mill Barn others are lost deep in the woods around the Scantic River. The Scantic River itself is a very beautiful river surround by a great deal of Northeastern wildlife. You can go here to hike, camp, walk, or even to simply have a picnic. It is now considered a park however and opens at dawn, whiel closing at dusk. Even with these new rules in effect it is a great place to spend a day because of all the nature you get to see, or even if you simply wish to go fishing. The fish in the area are common ones and run average in size. The most common Fish are Rock bass, small mouth bass, large mouth bass, catfish, trout (rainbow, brown/brook), and of course pumpkin seeds. The river itself is stocked with trout each year and is a very popular place to bring the kids to fish. Should you venture deeper into the woods you will fidn that there are multiple trails that all lead around the area. Some take you to the gravel pits, while others take you to the Stoker's Cattle Farm. They all are around the river. Though some of the trails go up and away fro mthe river a little bit they are still within a distance that you can saftley not get lost. This is also a popular area for quading and dirt biking because of these dirt paths that are set down all over the woods.
- Powder Mill Barn, 32 South Maple Street, ☎ 860-749-4494, . A very historical barn from the Hazard Power Co. that supplied a great deal of gunpowder during the Civil War. Now used for parties, dances, and other events. It can be rented for any even excluding the use of alcohol. Also dances and auctions are sponsored here weekly. edit
- Scantic River Park, . This is a park that has taken over a local rover called the Scantic River to hel preserve its natural beauty. Its hours are dawn till dusk. It is a popular area for most outdoor activites such as fishing, hiking, biking, quading, and other things. edit
- Grassmere Country Club, 130 Town Farm Road, ☎ 860-749-4580, . This is a golf course, with inexpensive rates such as $18 for 9 holes and $23 for 18 holes. However, the course itself is only nine holes. Golf carts are also available to rent. The grounds are well kept. Banquets and weddings can also be held here, but you must call ahead for this information. edit
- Danny's Pizza, 535 Hazard Av., ☎ 860-763-5511, . S small pizzaria owned by danny that sells pizza puys at low prices. You can do pick up or delivery here so you don't have to worry if you cannot make it to the pizzaria itself. edit
- Figaro Restaurant, 90 Elm Street, ☎ 860-745-2414, . One of the more expensive restuaraunts that you can get food at, it has a variety of Italian foods including pasta, veal, and a great deal of other options. This is a more "class" place to eat although it does not require a dress code or anything of that sort it is a good place to out for dinner. edit
- Sarapes, 917 Enfield St, Enfield, CT 06082, ☎ (860) 745-7781. An authentic Mexican restaurant. It's unassuming facade masks a delicious dining experience. The menu includes a number of traditional, including all those you would expect. Prices run around $12 per meal (but can be considerably lower, depending on what you get. edit
- Collin's Creamery, 9 Powder Hill Road, ☎ 860-749-8663, . A small creamery that sells icecream and shakes at lower pricing. They also have livestock out where you can see them. A good place to bring the kids for a nice evening. During the fall months they offer hay rides and sell pumpkins. edit
- Astros Pizza Restaurant, 1593 King Street, ☎ 860-745-1944. This is another smaller pizza shop, but a lot of people favor there food. It is a very cheap place to eat for a decent meal. You will on average spend about 12$ on a full meal for one person, but you can easily get some higher quality foods if you want to pay a little more. The chef is very friendly and can usually meet quaity issues with food if something is need extra or less from it. edit
- Bickfords, 7 Hazard Avenue, ☎ 860-741-3428, . This is a chain restuaraunt, but it is more of an older style than most others. It is very simple they have extremely cheap food the ranges from 5-12 dollars on average. They have a salad bar and most average foods i.e. hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. edit
- TGI Fridays, 130 Elm St, ☎ 860-745-9100. T.G.I. Friday's offers great food and amazing drinks at our locations nationwide. From burgers to steak and beer to mixed drinks. edit
- Silvia's Restaurant, 23 North Main Street, ☎ 860-741-6969, . 12:00-10:00. Silvia is from Romania, this restaurant specializes in Eastern European food, also German and Italian. Silvia's caters and hosts wedding receptions and other events. $25. edit
- Chicago Sams, 95 Elm Street, ☎ 860.741.2936, . This is a conventional sports bar that has select bargain days. A favorite day the is celebrated here is Wing Night (40c per wing), which is held on Wednesdays. Another Night that is enjoyed is Thursday when they have draft beer for cheaper pricing than usual. edit
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1 Bright Meadow Blvd., Phone: +1 860-741-2211, .
- Motel 6, 11 Hazard Avenue, Phone: +1 860-741-3685, Fax: +1 860-741-5539, .
- Red Roof Inn, 5 Hazard Ave, Phone: +1 860-741-2571, .