Egerszalók is in Northern Hungary.
Egerszalók is a small village 8km south from Eger.
There is a direct bus service from Eger bus station in every half hour.
When coming by car the direct road from Eger can be dangerous during Winter. In case of snow and ice it's safer to go on route 25 then turn right in the direction Demjén.
The thermal is 2km south from the village.
- Salt hill Egerszalók's extraordinary attraction, which is located in the southern part of the village, is the thermal spring bubbling up from 410 metres. The water is about 65-68°C and is almost 27 000 years old. The water flowing down the hillside has formed special limestone terraces which are unique in Europe.
- Stone caves The stone caves of the Sáfrány Street are under the protection of the local government. The visitors can see an exhibition about local history and culture. Different types of showrooms are open to the public: folk rooms, handicrafts rooms, wine rooms. In addition, an open stage is available in the area. Open daily 9:00-16:00. Tickets HUF 200 for children and seniors, HUF 400 for adults.
- Visit the spa The thermal bath is in Saliris Resort and Spa Hotel which can be visited by non-guests as well. There are 24 pools, 8 sauna cabins and a list of therapies and massages. The outdoor pools face the famous salt hill.
- Wine tasting The hills around Egerszalók are part of Eger historical wine region. There are a couple of wine cellars that can be visited. Most of them organize wine tasting and cellar visit and local wine can also be bought.
- Piroska Restaurant (Tel: +36 36 474 040; Egerszalók Ady Endre str. 42.) Mostly Hungarian cuisine. There is a cellar and a nice garden too.
There are a few wine cellars in and around Egerszalók. With English webpage:
There are more options on Egerszalók webpage 
- Saliris Resort  Next to the salt hill and thermal springs, 2km from the village. Modern hotel with rooms, suits and all the services that a 4 star hotel can provide. The thermal bath and spa is also open for non-guests. Make a reservation on holidays and in peak season.
- Shiraz Training and Conference Hotel  One of the most romantic hotels in Hungary, a real oriental and luxury experience. The 4 star hotel provides rooms each with different decoration, the suits contain all oriental comfort. The whole spa section is built as a real Turkish bath; there is even a Hammam available with traditional treatment. There are two restaurants and a bar with Turkish coffee and shisha.
- Thermal Park Hotel Egerszalók  A 4 star aparthotel between Egerszalók and Demjén. There are hotel rooms and appartments; the latter are all equipped with kitchen. There are three pools (one of them is with thermal water) and sauna cabins. The bath can be visited by non-guest; prices are cheaper than in Saliris Resort.
For private accommodation and more guesthouses please see Egerszalók webpage 
For information on accommodation, programmes and other please see Egerszalók webpage which is available in English. 
- Demjén cave bath  A brand new thermal bath and spa between Egerszalók and Demjén. There are different pools (swimming, thermal, open 9:00-2:00), sauna cabins, spa treatment section (open 10:00-22:00) and aquapark with funny slides (open 10:00-20:00). In the Cascade Cave Bath (open 10:00-21:00) you can swim around the whole cave system, there are different sections and small pools which makes a great experience.
- Crown Winehouse Demjén  Lovely vineyards in the countryside with reknown wine. The winehouse provides small houses in its Wine village; rooms are a bit old but the location and the view is great. There is also a small spa section with newer rooms around the pools and sauna cabins. The restaurant is a bit old too, mushroom is available all the time (the owner's first business is mushroom plantation). Wine tasting and cellar visit is on each Saturday 17:00. All the wine can be purchased at the reception shop.