Eastern El Salvador
Map of El Salvador with Eastern region in blue
is a region of El Salvador
This region is bounded by Honduras to the North and East and the Pacific Ocean to the South. It includes the departments of San Miguel, La Unión, Morazán, San Vicente and Usulután.
The Pan-American highway travels through El Salvador and is a safe route for entering the country and travelling between San Miguel in the East and San Salvador in the West
From San Miguel bus terminal there are regular one hour bus rides to El Cuco where you can get a taxi to Playa El Esteron and Intipuca Beach
- San Miguel Volcano is a stratovolcano and one of the most active in the country.
- Downtown San Miguel Av. Roosevelt is the place to find the Metrecentro Mall, bars and nightclubs which also hosts the biggest festival in Central America in November
- El Cuco is a quintessential beach with dark sands, lined with vendor huts and seafood restaurants and shaggy palms
- Playa Las Flores is next to El Cuco and is regarded as one of the best surf spots in all of El salvador
- Playa El Esteron is located on the other side of El Cuco and is one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in all of El Salvador
- Intipuca Beach is next to Playa Esterone and is famous for El Salvador's first microbrewery and where the river joins the ocean is hugely popular for stand up paddleboarding.
- Surfing in Playa Las Flores, one of the best surf spots in El Salvador
- Stand Up Paddleboarding at the famous Intipuca Beach
- Boat trips around the islands
- Water skiing, Tubing, Wake boarding, Para sailing, Jet skiing in Playa El Esteron, one of the most beautiful beaches in El Salvador
- Kayaking through the mangroves
- Volcano hiking up Chaparrastique - One of the most active volcanoes in El Salvador
- Waterfalls and hot springs
- Nature hikes and lake tours to Isla de Olomega on Lake Olomega